A vent.....

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Sage
Default A vent.....

I was just standing in slider opening to my lanai. I could hear two young voices and then saw two teen girls walking along the cart path on Morse, right behind my house. They were dressed in normal teen attire, bikini tops with shorts, carrying towels...and one had a soda can that she just threw into the bushes between my fence and the cart path. Not sure why this really ticked me off, but it did. Isn't it unfortunate that one of these girls and so many others are too lazy to carry a soda can, an empty one, with them and dispose of it properly. What made it worse was that this young woman looked right at me after she tossed the can....and just kept walking.

Not sure if I've posted this in the right place, but it really made me sad to see this happening...and it appears that she just didn't give a d*m. Maybe I sound like an old grouch....but frankly I'm ticked off.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Don't blame you for being upset. I hate littering and to show such disrespect to someone's property is unconscionable. I think I'd be following them to the pool and letting the attendant in the rec center know that two young girls were using the pool without an adult. Oh, the heck with following them -- just call the rec center. Basic rule, don't tick off an old lady -- we have ways of getting even. (I always think of Kathy Bates ramming the girls' car in the parking lot in "Fried Green Tomatoes" when I contemplate something like this.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Sage

I agree with you. Things like that get me riled up also. When people of any age have an attitude of entitlement or complete lack of respect for their surroundings, I just do not get it.

If it was me I would have had a hard time not saying something along the lines "would you like me to get that for you?"

As far as the forum? I have thought for some time we need a VENTING forum. A place to go and just shout out when we need to
Old 03-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Sage

red, I think it's time for you and "the girls" to get after those two!!!

Bill
Old 03-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Don't blame you for being upset. I hate littering and to show such disrespect to someone's property is unconscionable. I think I'd be following them to the pool and letting the attendant in the rec center know that two young girls were using the pool without an adult. Oh, the heck with following them -- just call the rec center. Basic rule, don't tick off an old lady -- we have ways of getting even. (I always think of Kathy Bates ramming the girls' car in the parking lot in "Fried Green Tomatoes" when I contemplate something like this.)
I remember Kathy Bates line in Fried Green Tomatoes, too...."I have more insurance than you do" and I say it lots of times when out in my car....

I can't reach the can without climbing over my fence or taking a long cart ride to get to it...and the area is thick with plantings. Snakes and I have an agreement, they can stay in all that nice thick planting area, I'll stay in my yard.

The Villages is such a nice area without trash strewn about....it's just too bad these little "Princesses" weren't considerate enough to properly dispose of their trash. Guess I'm going to be taking a golf cart ride.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
I agree with you. Things like that get me riled up also. When people of any age have an attitude of entitlement or complete lack of respect for their surroundings, I just do not get it.

If it was me I would have had a hard time not saying something along the lines "would you like me to get that for you?"

As far as the forum? I have thought for some time we need a VENTING forum. A place to go and just shout out when we need to
A venting forum? WONDERFUL!!!! I agree totally.....lolol.

There's lots of kids around this time of year....I would hope they were mature enough to not litter. Guess they must do the same at home.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
red, I think it's time for you and "the girls" to get after those two!!!

Bill
Not sure if Red is totally recovered yet. We'll get a few others and.......CHARGE!!!...
Old 03-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,500 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Ah-hah. Pooh has emotionally joined us. With Pooh, Red, P and I could tackle almost anything.

Where is my ...water pistol?

I am ready to fix stuff.

I would even go so far as to tell on them too. If I could find their grandparents.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Ah-hah. Pooh has emotionally joined us. With Pooh, Red, P and I could tackle almost anything.

I am ready to fix stuff.

I would even go so far as to tell on them too. If I could find their grandparents.
They're probably pretty nice girls, Gracie, but I've been calling them more names than I care to mention....
I should have said SOMETHING, but I was so surprised I just couldn't utter word one.

I'm for tattling on them, too.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:45 PM

I agree, TV is so beautiful.....why would they want to trash it up.....just don't understand.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by novie2 View Post
I agree, TV is so beautiful.....why would they want to trash it up.....just don't understand.
They're kids and feel "entitled" I'm sure. Maybe we were the same way, but littering is something that just pushes my buttons.

Gracie has a squirt gun....I think I have one, too. Want to join us? .....
Old 03-17-2011, 03:49 PM

You go Pooh girl. 
Old 03-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I am ready to fix stuff.
DANG!!! Here you gals go again, needing to "fix," in this case, the young girls attitudes... but you most likely can't find them. So here I am, exicted, eager and more than willing to fill in for them as your victim, but have to skip the opportunity because the time I have available before heading back north leaves me unable to offer, forlorn and disappointed.
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post
You go Pooh girl. 
LOL.....want to join the posse?....

Last edited by pooh; 03-17-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:57 PM

I'm gonna stick my two cents in here too, which is not too typical for me. First, yes..let's see about getting a venting section called "My Rant". I think it would do a lot of good but it would also open up the floodgates for much controversy.

This thread interested me for two reasons: First, I too hate when people litter. It has always bothered me, but more so the past twenty years that I have been running along the roads and observing trash all over this earth. Laziness is key but also I think there is a lack of intelligence present.
My second reason for being interested in this thread and having a "My Rant" section is because all day long I have thought about posting up a rant about drivers around here. Last evening I had two very close calls on my motorcycle (in LSL) from totally inattentive drivers. When I run, I have to dodge golf carts daily so as not to get mamed by someone who should have given up their license years ago. Actually, they probably did, but figure it's ok to drive a golf cart. I don't get it. One month ago I got hit on my bicycle by someone that probably shouldn't be driving anymore and his only concern was the dent in his precious 2007 sedan.
What has all of this got to do with littering? Nothing...haha, end of My Rant!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.