A vent.....

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
DANG!!! Here you gals go again, needing to "fix," in this case, the young girls attitudes... but you most likely can't find them. So here I am, exicted, eager and more than willing to fill in for them as your victim, but have to skip the opportunity because the time I have available before heading back north leaves me unable to offer, forlorn and disappointed.
The Villages Florida
LOL....we'd never beat up on you, Skyguy!....even if you.....well....

While up north, get a squirt gun and practice. We'll gather together as a group when you return. Those of us who remain in TV will have practice at the archery range on the historical side.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X View Post
I'm gonna stick my two cents in here too, which is not too typical for me. First, yes..let's see about getting a venting section called "My Rant". I think it would do a lot of good but it would also open up the floodgates for much controversy.

This thread interested me for two reasons: First, I too hate when people litter. It has always bothered me, but more so the past twenty years that I have been running along the roads and observing trash all over this earth. Laziness is key but also I think there is a lack of intelligence present.
My second reason for being interested in this thread and having a "My Rant" section is because all day long I have thought about posting up a rant about drivers around here. Last evening I had two very close calls on my motorcycle (in LSL) from totally inattentive drivers. When I run, I have to dodge golf carts daily so as not to get mamed by someone who should have given up their license years ago. Actually, they probably did, but figure it's ok to drive a golf cart. I don't get it. One month ago I got hit on my bicycle by someone that probably shouldn't be driving anymore and his only concern was the dent in his precious 2007 sedan.
What has all of this got to do with littering? Nothing...haha, end of My Rant!
I'm all for a rants section, too...and after today, I'd probably have more posts than anyone. Understand completely your difficulties with autos and carts. Today it was autos....heck here and even off campus. Maybe the bright sun blinds the drivers....can't see the red lights, the stop signs, the yield signs.

We can stand patiently in line as maybe a venting or ranting forum is considered....if it's dismissed, I promise not to pitch a fit, I promise not to pitch a fit, I promise not.....
Old 03-17-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
LOL.....want to join the possy?....
Pooh

I would retrieve that soda can and walk up to that cute little teenager at the pool and let her know she forgot her debris. I would also remind her the next time I see her leaving her debris in our community, I would tell her grandparents and I'm sure they would be appalled by her actions. Dang, I love direct communication

It's time we stand up and insist that young people take responsibility for their actions Watch out for the Gray Panthers - We rock Baby
Old 03-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Sage

My (squirt) gun is loaded. I'm incensed too!

Sure I'd tell on her-- after GG, Red and I beat some sense into her bratty little brain.

Sky, you crack me up.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post
Pooh

I would retrieve that soda can and walk up to that cute little teenager at the pool and let her know she forgot her debris. I would also remind her the next time I see her leaving her debris in our community, I would tell her grandparents and I'm sure they would be appalled by her actions. Dang, I love direct communication

It's time we stand up and insist that young people take responsibility for their actions Watch out for the Gray Panthers - We rock Baby
That's a good idea, unfortunately, I'm not near a pool and she was on Morse Blvd., closer to the Caroline gate. I wish I had at least asked her to pick it up and toss it into my yard, I'd have put it into my recycling bag. I was just so surprised I sort of just went into silent mode.

You're right about confronting the little darlins'.....we had some kids who T P ed our house in CA, the one next door and a couple of other houses. I somehow managed to catch them in the act and went out front while there were still in their creative toilet paper mode. To say they were embarrassed is putting it mildly. They promptly cleaned up our yard and were heading off. I said, "What about those other houses?".....and they quickly got most of the Charmin picked up at the other homes. I brought them a large trash bag for their paper. They weren't bad kids, but toilet paper, macadamia nut trees and Ford F250 trucks don't look good in biodegradable white streamers. Turns out they knew my son and thought it was cute to do.

Last edited by pooh; 03-18-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
My (squirt) gun is loaded. I'm incensed too!

Sure I'd tell on her-- after GG, Red and I beat some sense into her bratty little brain.

Sky, you crack me up.
Practice while you're at your other home. We're practicing here. Reminds me of a traffic reporter in Boston, years and years ago. He'd fly over the highways and freeways and would always say he wished he had red paint filled balloons to drop on the cars with stupid drivers, that way the police would immediately know which cars to pull over... (Maybe before we start our water revenge on litterbugs, we could just hide in the traffic round abouts and target drivers who practice UNSAFE motoring. Maybe green paint in those squirt guns... )
Old 03-17-2011, 07:59 PM

Okay listen up Venters,

I'm sitting here in California waiting non patiently to sell our home and move to The Villages, I'm venting

When I get out there, I will organize a Pool Venting Party. We will be allowed loaded squirt guns to unload on liberals, conservatives, ex-wives, ex-husbands, debris makers and other sources that has caused us to vent.

After unloading our squirt guns, we will be laughing our old rears off
We will feel so free and empowered the irritants will no longer harbor a space in our heads.

If your interested in a Venting Pool Party let me know. Power to the Squirt Gunners
Old 03-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

wish i had been there, pooh! but i was policing spanish springs square!

it's bad enough that i smoke...so i tror over to the alley netween athens and too jays - so that i can use the ash tray by too jays and not have to hear the almost quiet snorts and comments of non-smokers in the square.

so tonite as we enjoyed our too jays sandwiches at a table outside near the corner i nearly went berserk when i saw a youngster around 12/13 yrs old first leave a soda can under his mother's chair and later let a sno-cone type paper cone fall to the ground behind another at their table! mind you, tonite i had smoked my cigs among friends and carefully doused them with water to insure they were out and had placed them in our collection of trash.

as for the litterer...i went over to the table when they were preparing to leave and were gathering their trash from the table top...i used my sweet but stern voice to suggest to the youngster that he pick up his refuse to add to the table's collection.

well, the mom in her gasping breath was all "what, what, what!!!" and the grandfather mean while simply looked at me and thanked me for letting him know that the trash was there.

my friends, of course, thought i was nuts - as i am sure that mother did; but i had a good warm feeling that i had brought attention to someone's poor manners and total lack of concern for others and the environment and our town square ambiance.

i hope the kid and his mother remember the embarrasment in the future!

the water pistol posse gives me a whole new picture of trash collection! you go girls!

Old 03-17-2011, 08:19 PM

Pooh,

I'm going to pack a few squirt guns to bring with me . I'm ready to join the posse.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
LOL....we'd never beat up on you, Skyguy!....even if you.....well....
Dang!!! There goes my only reason for returning in the fall!

(Just kidding dear... if your reading this The Villages Florida)
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Sage

When I see someone (young, old, and in-between) do something like those girls did, I usually offer up - with a smile, "Excuse me, I believe you dropped something" (or "you forgot something" if they leave trash behind intentionally) and point to it. Most of the time, they'll accommodate the 'request'. If they don't, sometimes I'll say, loud enough for others to hear, "Here, let me get that for you". Maybe it a bit of me being a jerk about it, but I believe it'll at least make them think it through a bit the next time they do it. But then again, maybe not........

It also kinda makes me wonder a.) were they raised in a pigsty, b.) who picks up after them at home, and c.) just what DOES their home look like?

Bill
Old 03-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post
Okay listen up Venters,

I'm sitting here in California waiting non patiently to sell our home and move to The Villages, I'm venting

When I get out there, I will organize a Pool Venting Party. We will be allowed loaded squirt guns to unload on liberals, conservatives, ex-wives, ex-husbands, debris makers and other sources that has caused us to vent.

After unloading our squirt guns, we will be laughing our old rears off
We will feel so free and empowered the irritants will no longer harbor a space in our heads.

If your interested in a Venting Pool Party let me know. Power to the Squirt Gunners
I'm ready to join. Maybe we can get a few of our male members of TOTV to join in. Oh, it will be FUN!
The Villages Florida
Old 03-17-2011, 08:58 PM

I love it! Let's invite the guys, it will be double fun, I'm laughing my rear off as I type, funny stuff. Life is darn good even better when we VENT.

Have a wonderful evening Pooh your the best!
Old 03-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Squirt gun, my rear end! I'm bringing my water cannon.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
wish i had been there, pooh! but i was policing spanish springs square!

it's bad enough that i smoke...so i tror over to the alley netween athens and too jays - so that i can use the ash tray by too jays and not have to hear the almost quiet snorts and comments of non-smokers in the square.

so tonite as we enjoyed our too jays sandwiches at a table outside near the corner i nearly went berserk when i saw a youngster around 12/13 yrs old first leave a soda can under his mother's chair and later let a sno-cone type paper cone fall to the ground behind another at their table! mind you, tonite i had smoked my cigs among friends and carefully doused them with water to insure they were out and had placed them in our collection of trash.

as for the litterer...i went over to the table when they were preparing to leave and were gathering their trash from the table top...i used my sweet but stern voice to suggest to the youngster that he pick up his refuse to add to the table's collection.

well, the mom in her gasping breath was all "what, what, what!!!" and the grandfather mean while simply looked at me and thanked me for letting him know that the trash was there.

my friends, of course, thought i was nuts - as i am sure that mother did; but i had a good warm feeling that i had brought attention to someone's poor manners and total lack of concern for others and the environment and our town square ambiance.

i hope the kid and his mother remember the embarrasment in the future!

the water pistol posse gives me a whole new picture of trash collection! you go girls!
You did a great job! Guess we're going to need "hit squads" in both squares. When Brownwood opens we'll be so good at getting our man/woman/kid, we'll be able to quickly train those who will be assigned the newest town square and homes south of 466A!

Who knows, we could even use squirt guns to make sure our grandkids keep their feet off of the coffee table. It works for kitties....

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.