Venting Post

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2016, 08:58 PM

More venting, sorry folks, need to get it out.

Went to VA today and at the start it was great, but it went down hill. When someone tells you not to use your 100% service connection against (?) them and that they had the same injury so they know (however they are working at VA so doubt they have the same type of injury and symptoms I do), well, but the end of the day I was ... well, I have to be a man, right. Tough it out. Then I got 'policy, policy, policy'... ugh. At the end of the day in a phone call I was told I was going to get a PC doctor, but it just seems like a lot. And to be told I have to find my way to Gainesville (I do not drive) for certain appointments, well, maybe I should just tough it out and not use the VA, and when I get sick, just go to the ER. I'd prefer to use the VA but I am not going to fight anyone. When I was being told I didn't know what I did know, and being fast talked, well, I was apologizing because I was just stressed out and I may need this person for the next 15 years.

So basically that was all my daylight hours.

So, that is out.

Now, golf carts and TV app. Lets just say it took 2 hours to get to the VA clinic from home. That, then back with a couple stops... probably 5-6 hours in the golf cart. Got lost so much. I know it gets easier. I even did some driving at night, and well, its tough because you can't really read the signs after leaving the tunnel.

Next, home AC. My house smells like dust. Filter is probably dirty. Munn's put it in and I will call them tomorrow.

Still haven't got lawn done yet. Probably going to use a suggestion someone gave me.

Furniture needs to be sold I guess (since I have two houses full), some thinking still needed. Got till early next week.

Still haven't contacted a vet for dog; my day was taken up. Tomorrow is when I get on things. Its hard since I am on a laptop and not my normal iMac.

Guess I need a mop and tissues for the nose. I keep forgetting them.

Well, that is all for now. Still crazy... 5 days down, 50 years to go.

PS: I bought a GoPro and mounts for cart and bike helmet. I was told people kind of don't act up if they know you are (or aren't maybe) recording them.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Holy Mackerel, from the Brownwood area to the VA up near Mulberry??? Amazing DUDE. Us regular people have no clue what our service people go thru. You all are truly amazing people. Thanks for your commitment to our country. Don't feel bad about getting lost. If your using The Villages GPS be certain to update the APP after installation or you will keep getting messed up. The first time we found our way back home from Brownwood I got on the ground like the Pope and kissed the ground (no easy operation) I was so happy. Getting settled was very rough because the house we bought was a bomb and I just went through a process to rehab the house and had to make a list to find my lists. Prioritize and believe it or not everything will come together. Even the Geico's and snakes are no big deal anymore. I just wonder where they all went since it got cold??? LOL Merry Christmas Dude Take Care!

Last edited by Nucky; 12-21-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 01:15 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

As you've been told, slow, deep breaths. It will get better. Truly it will.

Can't say much about the VA. They are what they are. Like any government agency, they always know better than you. Oh, heck, you know the drill. You've had to suffer through it a time or two. Even it will get better as time goes by.

For a vet, I'd go with Buffalo Ridge since you don't have a car. They're relatively close to you and do a good job.

Once you start finding your way around TV, you'll find it much easier to use the cart. I can make it from Brownwood to Mulberry in under an hour, going about 21 mph. Yes, I know that's over the speed limit, but still considered an acceptable speed. However, if you can afford it, I'd take a taxi. It's a long ride, regardless. If you live in Lake County, you can still make arrangements with Sumter County Transportation. Just have them pick you up at a mail station in Sumter County.

I believe the VA has shuttles to Gainesville. At least they used to. No easy answer for that one other than the possible shuttle, relying on friends and neighbors for rides or paying someone to take you.

Lawn service -- take a look at neighborhood lawns. Which look the best? Ask who maintains their lawns and use the same services. Pest control, go with Dean's or Massey's, whichever gives you the best rate. Be sure to get both interior and lawn pest control. Personally, I don't like one company for all services. They rarely do a good job on everything, but it is a personal preference.

Golf cart and rain. I drive with passenger flap down, driver side open. Have a towel handy to put on lap and I'm usually pretty dry. If I get wet, no biggie -- I dry off pretty quickly. Just please don't drive around when there's lightning. Golf carts do not offer the same protection a car does. For the windshield, best thing you can get is the solution planes use for their windshields. Rain sheets right off. Alternatively, Rain-X works okay. Always carry a can of Fix-it Flat in your cart. Has saved me and a couple of strangers a few times over the years.

You have my number. Give me a call if I can help. I know most of the contractors here and can at least steer you away from the bad guys. Don't try to do too much right away. You may discover that you'll change your mind as to what you need and want after you've been here awhile.

Btw, if your furnace has the larger filters (think all of the newer homes do), order the filters online. Much cheaper than purchasing them here. Just be sure to use the exact measurements on the filters, not the approximations.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

Tags
phase, set, long, cart, dog

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.