Ventura link prism tv

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2015, 06:27 PM
Default Century link prism tv

Looking for anyone using phone internet tv with Century link. Any hidden cost. Heard of $300.00 installaton surprise cost. How Is Customer Service.

Last edited by calgone; 04-04-2015 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Wrong title
Old 04-04-2015, 08:14 PM
Default Century link TV

What's the good and bad with Prism and Internet. Any hidden cost?
Old 04-05-2015, 08:23 AM
Gold member

We have the complete bundle, TV, phone and internet and it's great. We have had it for 1 year now and never had a problem. It's not cheap, but the wife is satisfied, that's all that matters.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Gold member

Our installation was free and we have never had any hidden costs. We stream movies every night and have never been charged extra.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Default Century link TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
We have the complete bundle, TV, phone and internet and it's great. We have had it for 1 year now and never had a problem. It's not cheap, but the wife is satisfied, that's all that matters.
Agree 100%. Have Prism 1 year this July. Love it, especially the DVR that gives me the ability to record multiple show at one time. A feature I did not have with Dish Network.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Smile

Have bundle with no problems or extra costs - no installation fees were charged. Also got a $100 gift card for signing up.
I pay $149 a month including taxes - HBO and showtime would have been $30 more, which I declined. Have all the stations I need for shows and sports.
Have prism TV, internet and home phone with no charge for long distance, which is a plus when cell phone doesn't want to work.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:09 PM

I have the C.L. bundle and it's fine and the c.s. is fine but the monthly bill is a nightmare to discipher . In the 2 years I've had it there are no 2 bills that have been the same. I have had to call them every month to see what is charged and it's always adjusted. Last adjustment added a discount and extended my "contract" 6 months, which I did not know about.

There is no written contract just verbal but binding I understand. Write down everything and every name and number you can while talking with them. Ask them specifically how much if you decide to cancel early too.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Was told the Prism install is 4-6 hours. What do they do? Glad to hear people are satisfied with their service. I'm on the list now for Prism availability.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:34 PM

They install all new fiber optic line into house and to main (dvr) location where the server will be located for tv, internet and phone.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Was told the Prism install is 4-6 hours. What do they do? Glad to hear people are satisfied with their service. I'm on the list now for Prism availability.
If you're in an area that already has fiber optic cable to your house (typically south of 466A), this installation shouldn't take more than hour, two tops. We have the bundle, but may change the package or go with Brighthouse when the two year initial deal is over in December. Their prices are a little high (but whose aren't?) and the internet speed never gets much above 10 meg.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Thanks much outahere and billybye.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We only have internet with CenturyLink via fiber optic to the house. The install took about 2+ hours as they need to install an ONT box (box of electronics) on the outside of the house and a UPS (battery backup) in the low-voltage panel. If you are also doing Prism TV I assume it will take some additional time. We did not have any installation charges. To me, this is essentially non-negotiable as we had two other options for internet.

We have had a few issues and I found customer service, with one exception, to be good. Almost everyone had been pleasant to talk to and competent.

They appear to use two different routers: one for internet only and one for internet and Prism TV. We had the former and it had some issues with hangs (even after a replacement) and I eventually had them replace it with the better router. No problems since.

We have had three billing issues that were quickly resolved without any drama.

Overall, CenturyLink has been good. I would give them an A-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgone View Post
Looking for anyone using phone internet tv with Century link. Any hidden cost. Heard of $300.00 installaton surprise cost. How Is Customer Service.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.