Verandas???

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2018, 02:18 PM
Default Verandas???

Read in the Daily Sun that TV has a "new" Courtyard Villa with Designer homes coming called the Verandas. Has anyone seen any of these? What do you think? If so, which Village are they building them?

The attraction will be the 2-car + golf cart garage with fenced yard for privacy; however, I'll end up losing my water view...I think. So I could go for a swimming pool...if the yard is big enough.

Anyway...(cue music)..."I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it"...
Our house goes on the market in 3 weeks and we will be in TV as soon as possible!

Any information as well as your opinions are Greatly Appreciated!
Old 02-10-2018, 03:21 PM
Sage

From the Feb. 9 Daily Sun article: "Stay tuned. Construction is well underway and we're excited to unveil them to you in the coming weeks."

You need to call a Sales Office for more information, and/or keep checking thevillages.com. I'm "guessing" that they will be in the Fenney & DeSoto area.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:57 PM

Thanks, Champion 6! I did see that it said "construction is in progress" so I am hoping that there is something more substantial going on. I'm wondering if they will be in Marsh Bend or Linden as Fenny looks close to built out (not bought out). But this is my thoughts from afar! Thanks for responding!
Old 02-10-2018, 03:57 PM

You will not lose the water view. The regular fencing is along the sides with a front gate. If there is a view, the fence becomes low and metal with posts.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenuity View Post
You will not lose the water view. The regular fencing is along the sides with a front gate. If there is a view, the fence becomes low and metal with posts.
Yay! I was hoping that I wouldn't need to lose that option! If you note anything else, please share. All info is truly appreciated!

One of the values of ToTV is that you get unvarnished views...no one has a particular interest in selling one. We've already found that information was withheld (hopefully not purposefully) when we nearly purchased a lot in Fenny. For example, the area we were planning to purchase a lot does not allow for rentals, and I see both positive and negative to this requirement. We may not have known this except we found this out (as well as other info) from another sales agent. So contacting the Sales office doesn't necessarily give it to you straight.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSSunshine View Post
<snip> We've already found that information was withheld (hopefully not purposefully) when we nearly purchased a lot in Fenney. For example, the area we were planning to purchase a lot does not allow for rentals, ... <snip>
I have never heard of an area in TV where rentals are not allowed. Can you clarify? Can you specify the street?
Old 02-11-2018, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

95% of all new construction is going on in Fenney. The historic side is mostly demonishing older mobile homes for new cottages. The north Mulberry area is has been all CYV's. The Villages of Pine Ridge and Osceola Hills are nearing completion, so Fenney would be your likely candidate.

What actually this would turn out to be, is designers homes at designer prices but they can have smaller lots. My CYV community has 80 homes, if it was normal size lots there wouldn't be even 40 homes on that amount of space. So new buyers are happy with the fence, privacy, dog area, and The Villages are happy, more homes per land area without sacrificing price.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:57 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

There are quite a few designer homes that are completely fenced in with large yards already built and available in Fenney South. These would not be the verandas but they serve the purpose of having a larger home with a larger lot for pets or pool or whatever else is allowed within the confines of those fences. There are no views however included with this batch of homes. I'm not a fan of fences but I would rather have one of those than be 20 feet away from someones lanai on another interior lot. These homes could also allow for a noisy neighborhood as I would think these will all be dog or multiple dog homes or maybe some chickens too. There are roosters down here somewhere, I hear them every morning when I walk my dog just prior to sunrise.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,145 Times in 2,245 Posts

KSSunshine, I send you a Private Message.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSSunshine View Post
For example, the area we were planning to purchase a lot does not allow for rentals ...found this out (as well as other info) from another sales agent. So contacting the Sales office doesn't necessarily give it
The only place to get accurate info on deed restrictions on your property is the districts web site where you can see a copy of the restrictions that will be attached to your deed when you buy your lot/house.

VCDD Deed Compliance - Sumter County

Each small area of a village has it's own, unique restrictions. District 12 alone already has 25 different deed restrictions and it's hardly even started. So it's not surprising that you would get conflicting answers from different sales people or the sales office.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
I have never heard of an area in TV where rentals are not allowed. Can you clarify? Can you specify the street?
It is in the cul-de-sac of Zippered Way and Sweet Bay Trail...I think that was Unit 12F. The lot was 75 or 76 or 77...don't remember that well as we were waiting to see which one was big enough for a pool. I think 12F is the only area that cannot be rented out. At least that was the understanding we gained.

We were at the Fenny Rec center looking at the relief map with several others, including sales agents, standing around talking. I'm not sure who actually said it, but apparently it was known information. Just disappointed although it may have kept us from making a choice that we wouldn't have liked in time for several reasons.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:00 AM

Since I'm an early riser, roosters crowing probably not a problem!
Old 02-11-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
The only place to get accurate info on deed restrictions on your property is the districts web site where you can see a copy of the restrictions that will be attached to your deed when you buy your lot/house.

VCDD Deed Compliance - Sumter County

Each small area of a village has it's own, unique restrictions. District 12 alone already has 25 different deed restrictions and it's hardly even started. So it's not surprising that you would get conflicting answers from different sales people or the sales office.
Hmmm, Interesting! I book-marked this website to make sure that we have read through everything when we purchase. Most of it seems typical and what I have heard about TV. So the restriction of renting was the only surprise, but I didn't find it in scanning some of the VCDD 12 Restrictions. Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-11-2018, 01:39 PM

We stopped down at Fenney on Friday to ask about these new Verandas. Salesman didn't have any info yet. They were mentioned at a sales meeting the day before but no information, i.e. exact location, floor plans, price was forthcoming. They will be in Fenney.

Also, we looked at several designer with fences. They are OK. Not enough to make us leave our beautiful courtyard villa in Hadley. The salesman did confirm that there are no rentals allowed in this area of Fenney.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:55 PM

We were at Fenney looking at home sites and a particular area was pointed out to us by the sales agent as an area that will not permit renters. If you know that up front there should be no problem. If you are interested in renting out your home, don't buy there.
Closed Thread

Tags
verandas, yard, excited, daily, hide

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.