Very Pleasant Quiet Evening on the Lanai

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2019, 07:06 PM
Smile Very Pleasant Quiet Evening on the Lanai

After a number of very busy days here in TV and nights at each of the 3 squares filled with live music, we decided to take tonight and enjoy a quiet evening at our rented home on the back lanai.... What a pleasure!!

We have spent the evening sipping red wine and making snacks (my sweetie is doing her virtual shopping for furniture to fill our new home that we hope to occupy soon). When outside enjoying the warm, humid evening we were visited by countless birds, (two gorgeous bright red cardinals!) a few anoles (small gecko like creatures) and a rabbit who decided to wash it face at the corner of the birdcage enclosed deck. The sounds of the evening fascinate us (the mourning doves, small songbirds and some larger bird that we have yet to identify) some close and some far away.

I just wanted to let the people here and the people who are thinking of coming here know that there are treasures to be found all around The Villages.

We just don’t know if we should feel blessed or spoiled!?!?
Old 05-02-2019, 07:14 PM
Gold member

Beautiful to read. We feel the same way after several years here. It 8s the simple things in life that are most wonderful.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
After a number of very busy days here in TV and nights at each of the 3 squares filled with live music, we decided to take tonight and enjoy a quiet evening at our rented home on the back lanai.... What a pleasure!!

We have spent the evening sipping red wine and making snacks (my sweetie is doing her virtual shopping for furniture to fill our new home that we hope to occupy soon). When outside enjoying the warm, humid evening we were visited by countless birds, (two gorgeous bright red cardinals!) a few anoles (small gecko like creatures) and a rabbit who decided to wash it face at the corner of the birdcage enclosed deck. The sounds of the evening fascinate us (the mourning doves, small songbirds and some larger bird that we have yet to identify) some close and some far away.

I just wanted to let the people here and the people who are thinking of coming here know that there are treasures to be found all around The Villages.

I understand. We feel blessed and spoiled. Hurry back home. We'll leave the light on for ya.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

Feel both!

Coming from where you are/were, with 6 months of daylight, you may find it a little getting used to...having it warm and dark at the same time.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:

The longer you live here, the more you will experience evenings like this and avoid the squares. IMHO, the squares are more meant for people visiting or people from outside The Villages than people who actually live here. We only go during the off season if there is an incredible group playing.

Tags
evening, decided, people, home, red

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.