The VHA

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2017, 03:40 PM
Default The VHA

A few weeks back I posted question about the VHA ownership. I noticed in the latest VHA Newsletter they made reference to the response. They think we are not well informed! or something like that.
From that info. it seems that they do not have access to the facts.

According to a google search the Trademark is registered to " Holding Company of The Villages Inc."
It was registered on 2/14/2017
Registration # is 5141935
It is listed in class 041 - education; providing training.
need I say more.

Last edited by jaringg; 07-31-2017 at 04:14 PM. Reason: error
Old 07-31-2017, 04:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaringg View Post
A few weeks back I posted question about the VHA ownership. I noticed in the latest VHA Newsletter they made reference to the response. They think we are not well informed! or something like that.

According to a google search the Trademark is registered to " holding Company of The Villages Company"
need I say more.
What is your point?
Old 07-31-2017, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

According to a google search the Trademark is registered to " Holding Company of The Villages Inc."
need I say more.
If that is a question..... my answer would be "No" you can stop now. PLEASE!
Old 07-31-2017, 04:46 PM
Platinum member

Search of the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations website for "The Villages Home Owner Association" shows the following results.

Detail by Entity Name
Florida Not For Profit Corporation
THE VILLAGES HOMEOWNERS ADVOCATES, INC.
Filing Information
Document Number
N42018
FEI/EIN Number
59-3050666
Entity Name List

Date Filed
02/08/1991
State
FL
Status
ACTIVE
Last Event
NAME CHANGE AMENDMENT
Event Date Filed
12/19/2016
Event Effective Date
NONE
Principal Address
1104 MAIN ST
LADY LAKE, FL 32159

Changed: 01/17/2011
Mailing Address
1104 MAIN ST
LADY LAKE, FL 32159

Changed: 01/17/2011
Registered Agent Name & Address
GLESSNER, RAYMOND H
1104 MAIN ST
LADY LAKE, FL 32159

Name Changed: 01/17/2011

Address Changed: 01/17/2011

Officer/Director Detail
Name & Address

Title*PR
BRIGGS, FRED
1104 MAIN ST
LADY LAKE, FL 32159

Title*TR
GLESSNER, RAYMOND H
1104 MAIN ST
LADY LAKE, FL 32159

Title*SEC
SULLIVAN, JOAN
1104 MAIN ST
LADY LAKE, FL 32159

Title*VPC
WALKER, PHIL
1104 MAIN STREET
LADY LAKE, FL 32159

Title*VPS.
ELDER, KAY
1104 MAIN STREET
LADY LAKE, FL 32159

Title*VPN
TESTA, JOAN
1104 MAIN ST
LADY LAKE, FL 32159

Title*EVP
Elliot, Joe
1104 MAIN ST
LADY LAKE, FL 32159

Annual Reports
Report Year
Filed Date
02/23/2015
02/06/2016
01/18/2017

Document Images
01/18/2017 -- ANNUAL REPORT
View image in PDF format
12/19/2016 -- Name Change
View image in PDF format
02/06/2016 -- ANNUAL REPORT
View image in PDF format
02/23/2015 -- ANNUAL REPORT
View image in PDF format
03/13/2014 -- ANNUAL REPORT
View image in PDF format
03/14/2013 -- AMENDED ANNUAL REPORT
View image in PDF format
01/29/2013 -- ANNUAL REPORT
View image in PDF format
Old 07-31-2017, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

need I say more.
It is very hard for me to understand the point of many of your posts. I did go to the August edition of the VHA Village Voice online and found in the letter from President Fred Briggs, the following;

I recently was directed by a neighbor to a question asked by a resident in the online blog, Talk of The Villages.* The question was simple, “Who owns The VHA?”* I was both disappointed and surprised by the vitriol and obviously uninformed responses by the contributors who thought it was their responsibility to answer the question.* Many were either completely ignorant of the facts or were intentionally misleading.* Let me very clear about the answer to the question.* The VHA is owned by its nearly 16,000 members who find value and satisfaction in being part of our organization.* The Developer does not own or attempt in any way to direct the VHA operation.* Direction is provided by an Executive Committee and a Board of Directors with input from our membership.* It is an all volunteer operation

and is supported by members dues and some number of fundraising efforts which allow us to bring our programs to the Residents to inform and enhance their lives in The Villages.* We call it “Keeping The Dream Alive”
Old 07-31-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:

need I say more.
With all of the troubles you've had since moving here, it seems you should have done all of this research on the front end.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:56 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It is very hard for me to understand the point of many of your posts. I did go to the August edition of the VHA Village Voice online and found in the letter from President Fred Briggs, the following;

I recently was directed by a neighbor to a question asked by a resident in the online blog, Talk of The Villages.* The question was simple, “Who owns The VHA?”* I was both disappointed and surprised by the vitriol and obviously uninformed responses by the contributors who thought it was their responsibility to answer the question.* Many were either completely ignorant of the facts or were intentionally misleading.* Let me very clear about the answer to the question.* The VHA is owned by its nearly 16,000 members who find value and satisfaction in being part of our organization.* The Developer does not own or attempt in any way to direct the VHA operation.* Direction is provided by an Executive Committee and a Board of Directors with input from our membership.* It is an all volunteer operation

and is supported by members dues and some number of fundraising efforts which allow us to bring our programs to the Residents to inform and enhance their lives in The Villages.* We call it “Keeping The Dream Alive”
As I am the new VHA rep for the Village of Lake Deaton, I am glad you cleared this up. I would hate to say that I worked for the developer.

Just kidding! Just Kidding
Old 08-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
As I am the new VHA rep for the Village of Lake Deaton, I am glad you cleared this up. I would hate to say that I worked for the developer.

Just kidding! Just Kidding
Oh I hope so.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Post Come On

Come On..Lets be honest. The VHA was formed as a direct action of the Developer because of the Lawsuit filed by and won by the POA for $40M. Up and until that time the POA was a favorite of the Developer etc. Given this it is not being correct to say there is no relationship between the Developer and the VHA. This does not mean the VHA does not provide some good for The Villages but to try to deny any relationships is just not being accurate. Every new owner in the villages is first introduced to the VHA. I believe we should be up front on this subject and not try to hide the true nature of the Organization.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I belonged to a social group in Georgia. I am the one who filed for our assumed name certificate and our tax free status. That does NOT mean I own the organization
Old 08-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Oh I hope so.
Yes, no disclaimer required. Have yet to ask about my pay grade.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:54 AM
Eternal Member

Hmmmmm..... 17 years here and sometimes I just sit and shake my head.
Guess I just never thought about looking all this stuff up.
Oh, that's right, I'm too busy having fun and loving life in The Villages. Just sayin'.
Have an awesome day !! Looks like more rain.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Come On..Lets be honest. The VHA was formed as a direct action of the Developer because of the Lawsuit filed by and won by the POA for $40M. Up and until that time the POA was a favorite of the Developer etc. Given this it is not being correct to say there is no relationship between the Developer and the VHA. This does not mean the VHA does not provide some good for The Villages but to try to deny any relationships is just not being accurate. Every new owner in the villages is first introduced to the VHA. I believe we should be up front on this subject and not try to hide the true nature of the Organization.
Yes, lets be honest, the VHA was formed long before the POA lawsuit. I have copied a section from "The History of the VHA". It was formed in 1991!

"Yvonne emphasized to Gary Morse that the association was to represent all Villages homeowners and would be a constructive organization pledged to approach their work in a positive manner. She pledged that this would be a homeowners association committed to negotiating rather than demanding and would be rational and reasonable in matters to be discussed.

When her meeting with him ended, Mr. Morse had agreed to meet with the board of the new homeowners association on a trial basis. If meetings with the organization proved to be constructive and business-like, the developers would continue meeting with us.

Properly chartered with the state and with the developer’s agreement to meet with the new homeowners association, the first public meeting was held on February 12, 1991. Several hundred Villagers gathered in the Carmen Miranda Room of the Paradise Recreation Center. By the end of that meeting, the Villages Homeowners Association had elected officers and many attendees had volunteered as Villages Representatives."

From my experience and observation, the VHA has remained true to its commitment of working with The Villages and the residents. The POA on the other hand has taken a somewhat different approach. I will just leave it there.

Last edited by Mleeja; 08-01-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
vha, company, registered, villages, google

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.