The VHA here in The Villages deserves praise.

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2019, 08:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default The VHA here in The Villages deserves praise.

When someone posts on this forum asking to borrow a wheel chair or some other item for someone who is disabled or recovering, I always think of the VHA who keeps a supply to lend out. I think it is a very helpful organization in many, many, good ways. AND it's newsletter usually has correct spelling. I like that.

Home Page - The VHA
Old 04-03-2019, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
When someone posts on this forum asking to borrow a wheel chair or some other item for someone who is disabled or recovering, I always think of the VHA who keeps a supply to lend out. I think it is a very helpful organization in many, many, good ways. AND it's newsletter usually has correct spelling. I like that.

Home Page - The VHA
No doubt you are correct. I am VERY familiar with the VHA, still pay dues.

I posted a link to the POA because it is not a secret society, not a competitor of TOTV, and nobody should shy away from either group. The VHA is controlled totally by the developer, thus the content is what it is.

The POA has grown in the last few years, and has awakened a few stimulating controversarys. I know from past times on this forum, that there are a number of POA members on here.

To my knowledge, TOTV objects to the "news" site on the net because it welcomes comments, etc. I am guessing, but if I erred in recognizing POA, I will be very dissapointed and surprised.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Praise Direction

The POA deserves significant praise for the Volunteers on the Board who dedicate their time and effort to policing the actions of the villages (VHA). To highlight the VHA over the POA is an indication of a bias which is not a fair perception of both of the groups.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
The POA deserves significant praise for the Volunteers on the Board who dedicate their time and effort to policing the actions of the villages (VHA). To highlight the VHA over the POA is an indication of a bias which is not a fair perception of both of the groups.
I like the POA much better than Da Family owned/directed VHA.

Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	petulant child.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	79167  
Old 04-05-2019, 12:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I like the POA much better than Da Family owned/directed VHA.

Now that is funny.

People simply arbitrarily choosing one over the other for no apparent reason or hating one over the other for no apparent reason has a familiar ring to it.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:35 PM
Sage

link below relates to this issue with the two groups....this is from 2015

What's the Difference Between POA & VHA?
Old 04-05-2019, 01:13 PM
Sage

The POA has improved the newsletter in the last few years, but there for awhile it was filled with poor spelling and grammar and in my opinion a lot of thinly veiled dislike of the Morses that I think is unwarranted.
I felt that it was run by a small group of residents that lived mostly in the Marion County part of the Villages . I didn't feel it represented the population south of 466 at all. Does the new president live south of 466?

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-05-2019 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:26 PM
Default Vha

Quote:

Home Page - The VHA
I agree with you. I have borrowed things from them twice after my surgeries.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
The POA has improved the newsletter in the last few years, but there for awhile it was filled with poor spelling and grammar and in my opinion a lot of thinly veiled dislike of the Morses that I think is unwarranted.
I felt that it was run by a small group of residents that lived mostly in the Marion County part of the Villages . I didn't feel it represented the population south of 466 at all. Does the new president live south of 466?
Maybe it’s cause district 4 got the shaft. But I’ll give them credit they got the the sidewalk to nowhere finished
Old 04-05-2019, 10:38 PM
Sage

Old 04-06-2019, 03:05 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

I am so satisfied living hear, that I am not familiar with either one, but just what I have read in this thread, I would give a thumbs up to the POA. It sounds like the POA is an instrument to keep a check on power. That mission would be of benefit to the residents.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I thought OP was giving out info that if you need help getting DMEs and it wasn’t covered, that the POA had items available. It’s helpful information that I didn’t know about.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I thought OP was giving out info that if you need help getting DMEs and it wasn’t covered, that the POA had items available. It’s helpful information that I didn’t know about.
No the OP was saying that the VHA has DMEs that they loan out. It's called the "VHA Helping Hands"

Our Phone Number - Service Information - Basic Inventory - The VHA
Old 04-06-2019, 07:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default POA Newspaper

The old POA Newspaper was sent to a rather famous Designer in California and asked for his assessment of the old paper. The new paper is a result of some of his suggestions to improve the paper and it is much better. He did recommend the logo be changed from a couple of Palm Trees to an Oak Tree because they are more typical of The Villages but that was not passed by the board. The designer did not charge for his review and suggestions as he was a relative of a Board member and did it as a favor. His initial opinion of the old paper was it was great if you were publishing in the 1930's but missed the mark for the current period. The new President is terrific and The Villages should be really thankful he has assumed the President roll since it is a demanding job and is a wonderful service to The Villages.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
The old POA Newspaper was sent to a rather famous Designer in California and asked for his assessment of the old paper. The new paper is a result of some of his suggestions to improve the paper and it is much better. He did recommend the logo be changed from a couple of Palm Trees to an Oak Tree because they are more typical of The Villages but that was not passed by the board. The designer did not charge for his review and suggestions as he was a relative of a Board member and did it as a favor. His initial opinion of the old paper was it was great if you were publishing in the 1930's but missed the mark for the current period. The new President is terrific and The Villages should be really thankful he has assumed the President roll since it is a demanding job and is a wonderful service to The Villages.
Interesting background/history info.
Closed Thread

Tags
vha, recovering, disabled, helpful, organization

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.