Villa advice needed

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2019, 09:32 AM
Default Villa advice needed

Coming soon and want to purchase a 3BR Courtyard Villa retiring FT Sept. and moving to TV. Heard CV for single person not best choice as neighborhoods mostly snowbirds and empty so less community feel and not as safe. Any thoughts if this is true?
Old 02-16-2019, 09:50 AM
Gold member

If it was me, I would only buy a courtyard villa if it was my second home. If your going to live her year around then buy a house. That's my two cents. 12 Buying Tips For THE VILLAGES in FLORIDA - YouTube
Old 02-16-2019, 09:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycat522 View Post
Coming soon and want to purchase a 3BR Courtyard Villa retiring FT Sept. and moving to TV. Heard CV for single person not best choice as neighborhoods mostly snowbirds and empty so less community feel and not as safe. Any thoughts if this is true?
Any special reason(s) you want a courtyard villa? Do you want new or pre-owned? Any certain part of the villages best for you?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-16-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Any special reason(s) you want a courtyard villa? Do you want new or pre-owned? Any certain part of the villages best for you?
I am doing pre owned near LSL. I want villa for the privacy walls I am a big outdoor person and sit, read, eat everything outside so the privacy with villa guaranteed. Plus rented my whole life apt so this is first home so dont want anything big since care all new to me
Old 02-16-2019, 10:13 AM

thanks for your thoughts. I will be first time home owner so wanted smaller place with little to no yard care and big outside person so like privacy walls. But like I said concerned about neighborhood being empty. I will be in areas close to LSL
Old 02-16-2019, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
I am doing pre owned near LSL. I want villa for the privacy walls I am a big outdoor person and sit, read, eat everything outside so the privacy with villa guaranteed. Plus rented my whole life apt so this is first home so dont want anything big since care all new to me
I agree with you, get a home with a wall and then what does it matter if there are neighbors. You will meet people who will become your friends. Plus, buying within easy access to LSL will probably suit you very well, lots happening in that central location. You might think of privately contacting a great single lady here called chachacha, she is heavily involved with singles and will be able to steer you in the right direction. chachacha can be found on the list of members on the menu at the top of the TOTV lead page. Good luck and enjoy your well earned retirement

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-16-2019, 10:26 AM

Our villa neighborhood is about forty percent full time. Never felt the security issue regarding occupancy and we’ve been here five years. I too prefer the CYV, for privacy and ease of maintenance. Good luck.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:53 AM
Platinum member

Keep checking courtyard villas in Pennecamp, Altamont Villas. Lots of full-timers and very active neighborhood. Nice mix of singles and couples.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:06 AM

thanks Madelaine. I am social and plan on joining clubs, ultra beginner line dance, pickleball, go to pool etc and sure I will meet people and make new friends. My concern for the villas was not so much being friends with neighbors but concern was for the safety of having others around. Security wise
Old 02-16-2019, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
thanks Madelaine. I am social and plan on joining clubs, ultra beginner line dance, pickleball, go to pool etc and sure I will meet people and make new friends. My concern for the villas was not so much being friends with neighbors but concern was for the safety of having others around. Security wise
Despite what you might read online and in the local papers, TV is very secure. I spend several weeks at a time here on my own and never worry about anything. TV has a neighborhood watch group that drives past the house several times a day and night. If you leave for a few days you can tell them and they will pay extra attention to your property. It's all good !

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-16-2019, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Last edited by John_W; 04-15-2019 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:45 AM

Many full time residents in my neighborhood so never a shortage of nice, friendly neighbors for me. The location is great - close to shopping, restaurants and Lake Sumter. Good luck in your search!
Old 02-16-2019, 12:02 PM

The Verandas are larger than the CYV’s, have a fenced yard for privacy. Not near LSL if you are walking, 20 minutes by Auto, Golf Cart won’t be available VOSO is connected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2019, 03:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I know the area you are talking about. You will love it there. Very secure neighborhood and friendly people. If you plan on purchasing a golf cart, send me a private message, and I will hook you up with a sales rep. She is not like a used car salesman, she is honest and will treat you fairly. I would recommend keeping your cell phone # in the area code you come from. Cuts down on the amount of robo-calls from Florida. I have some other hints for you if you PM me.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-16-2019, 04:47 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Villas

Quote:
RESPONSE Hi and we will try to help you here? OK the Villa has been fine for us, but then we do not plan to stay much longer. Most villas have, or many have, the small garage. Not good. Also, villas near Sumter Area etc., are priced higher, will be hard to sell due to price compared to those in the southern hemisphere of the Villages, they are much less, so we got the short end here.
Not to confuse you but that is something to think about. We see houses now in Bridgeport for 550 K, 700 K, it serms they were over 900K and up, three years ago. Lots of places for sale and for rent. We are shopping, so to speak. Will lose some real money here, so it seems.
Closed Thread

Tags
villa, snowbirds, empty, neighborhoods, choice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.