Villa advice needed

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2019, 05:20 PM

I'm single. Have spent many months here by myself in three different villages. Never had a worry about security risks & I've lived in big bad cities, including Oakland, CA. Now in a CV, but also lived in both a patio villa and a house. Good luck!

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 02-16-2019, 05:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,501 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnwy123 View Post
RESPONSE Hi and we will try to help you here? OK the Villa has been fine for us, but then we do not plan to stay much longer. Most villas have, or many have, the small garage. Not good. Also, villas near Sumter Area etc., are priced higher, will be hard to sell due to price compared to those in the southern hemisphere of the Villages, they are much less, so we got the short end here.
Not to confuse you but that is something to think about. We see houses now in Bridgeport for 550 K, 700 K, it serms they were over 900K and up, three years ago. Lots of places for sale and for rent. We are shopping, so to speak. Will lose some real money here, so it seems.
I respectfully disagree with you about ANYTHING being hard to sell here.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:53 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnwy123 View Post
RESPONSE Hi and we will try to help you here? OK the Villa has been fine for us, but then we do not plan to stay much longer. Most villas have, or many have, the small garage. Not good. Also, villas near Sumter Area etc., are priced higher, will be hard to sell due to price compared to those in the southern hemisphere of the Villages, they are much less, so we got the short end here.
Not to confuse you but that is something to think about. We see houses now in Bridgeport for 550 K, 700 K, it serms they were over 900K and up, three years ago. Lots of places for sale and for rent. We are shopping, so to speak. Will lose some real money here, so it seems.
This is your opinion and I totally disagree. Several of the CYVs in our neighborhood were sold this year due to death or serious illness...nobody lost money. The houses sold quickly and for a nice profit and we are close to LSL. Unless you can pull property records and prove your statements it is just conjecture.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We live in a courtyard villa with one and a half garage. Bigger homes and bigger garages just collect more stuff you really don’t need. We lOVE the privacy and our neighborhood (mission Hills) is ALWAYS VERY ACTIVE. Don’t worry, be happy.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycat522 View Post
Coming soon and want to purchase a 3BR Courtyard Villa retiring FT Sept. and moving to TV. Heard CV for single person not best choice as neighborhoods mostly snowbirds and empty so less community feel and not as safe. Any thoughts if this is true?
I can’t imagine who would have told you this. Not my experience.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeg180 View Post
The Verandas are larger than the CYV’s, have a fenced yard for privacy. Not near LSL if you are walking, 20 minutes by Auto, Golf Cart won’t be available VOSO is connected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Where I live is 20 minutes by auto to Brownwood. Takes 40 - 45 minutes by cart. Not exactly close.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:05 AM

Thank you all for your feedback I appreciate your time and info. Think I will stick with plan to get 3 BR CV near LSL as even though neighborhoods not full year round safety does not seem to be a problem. Now I just have to hope one comes on the market I have seen very few listings in this area for a three bedroom.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:37 AM

Hi Kitty: You are making a great move coming to The Villages. We purchased 9 years ago. At first we thought we were interested in a designer home and we viewed several in our quest for a home. Our realtor asked us if we would consider a courtyard villa but we did not know what they were like so he brought us to one. That was all it took. We looked at several villas and bought that same day. We purchased a large villa (1685 sq ft) on a large corner piece of property in a villa section that has 85 homes. NO GRASS in the whole villa development. It was the best move we could make. Our neighbors are wonderful and we do lots of things together. We have a monthly calendar for just our villa section showing dates for Shuffleboard, Bocce, Outdoor movie nights, our monthly social, ladies lunch, Bunco nights and game nights in different homes monthly and many more activities throughout the year. The privacy is the biggest plus. We have a hot tub out back under a pergola and really enjoy going in that day and night without having to be "peered at" by neighbors. The houses back to back thing was just not our style. Yes we have some snow birds. Typically mid November to April all 85 houses are full but between mid April and November about 30% of our Snowbirds go home. Several rent during the off time and we get to meet new people. To us Villa Sections grow tighter knit friendships than outside the villas. I will ALWAYS live in a Villa! Hope that helps.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Thank you all for your feedback I appreciate your time and info. Think I will stick with the plan to get 3 BR CV near LSL as even though neighborhoods not full year-round safety does not seem to be a problem. Now I just have to hope one comes on the market I have seen very few listings in this area for a three bedroom.
Try to get an " End " Villa as opposed to a corner Villa. Remove the grass, landscape with pavers, rocks, shrubs, sugar palms etc.

Stay clear of Washatonian & Queen Palms. A nice area to consider is " Pennecamp".
Old 02-17-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Try to get an " End " Villa as opposed to a corner Villa. Remove the grass, landscape with pavers, rocks, shrubs, sugar palms etc.

Stay clear of Washatonian & Queen Palms. A nice area to consider is " Pennecamp".
sorry i am not familiar with end unit vs corner can you give more details?
Old 02-17-2019, 09:42 AM

Sorry not familiar with the difference in End villa vs corner villa can you provide more explanation. Just fear wont have much choice as on timeline and so rare a 3 BR CV comes on market in LSL area and not interested in renting first. Have visited enough know the LSL area is where I want
Old 02-17-2019, 09:44 AM

jgg7933 thanks for info what model villa do you have seems most I have seen are 1397 Bonita models I would like alittle bigger. Maybe you are outside LSL area? Yes cant wait to get to TV full time.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I can give you the name of our sales person (one of the best) who will do all the searching for you and let you know when comes on the market. It's a husband and wife team.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-17-2019, 10:45 AM

Any thoughts on a patio villa in Village of Piedmont Waverly Villas? Area, neighborhood etc? Thanks.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Sorry not familiar with the difference in End villa vs corner villa can you provide more explanation. Just fear wont have much choice as on timeline and so rare a 3 BR CV comes on market in LSL area and not interested in renting first. Have visited enough know the LSL area is where I want

An end unit has two gates, very difficult to get. We managed to add a golf cart garage on ours.
Closed Thread

Tags
villa, snowbirds, empty, neighborhoods, choice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.