Villa advice needed

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycat522 View Post
thanks for your thoughts. I will be first time home owner so wanted smaller place with little to no yard care and big outside person so like privacy walls. But like I said concerned about neighborhood being empty. I will be in areas close to LSL
Come to see our villa. When you are here
Old 04-01-2019, 11:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnwy123 View Post
RESPONSE Hi and we will try to help you here? OK the Villa has been fine for us, but then we do not plan to stay much longer. Most villas have, or many have, the small garage. Not good. Also, villas near Sumter Area etc., are priced higher, will be hard to sell due to price compared to those in the southern hemisphere of the Villages, they are much less, so we got the short end here.
Not to confuse you but that is something to think about. We see houses now in Bridgeport for 550 K, 700 K, it serms they were over 900K and up, three years ago. Lots of places for sale and for rent. We are shopping, so to speak. Will lose some real money here, so it seems.
Villas near LSL are priced higher because they are in demand.why is your email reported as SPAM?
Old 04-02-2019, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

IMO the closer you get to squares the more rental in the villa’s. I rented off square and majority was rentals. I like the villa set up, street drains run down the middle of the street and out the ends usually, IMO I see way less street drain failures and it’s mostly in the street. Yes garages in most are too small and lots are small, IMO the 5 foot concrete wall great security and privacy. if you don’t have big car/suv and don’t want lot of yard to take care of it could be plus? My villa has about 90 houses, less that 10 are rental and probably half of the are long term rentals. My villa very active, quite, and far as I know everybody gets along.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
Keep checking courtyard villas in Pennecamp, Altamont Villas. Lots of full-timers and very active neighborhood. Nice mix of singles and couples.
I own two villas in Altamonte and my parents also live there - Great neighborhood and Great location. Homes here don't; last long on the market. there is currently on 3 bedroom Grantham model on Goldenrod court listed with the Villages, partially furnished.

Southwind Villas in Tamarind Grove and Fairwind Villlas in St James are both also simiar neighborhood designs with Courtyard Villas surrounded by a couple of streets of Designers with very fast and easy access to St Charles way.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

My question to the op is who told you this information? Did they live in a courtyard neighborhood? I live in a courtyard Neighborhood and do not feel it is mostly Snowbirds and not neighborly. I certainly feel a great sense of community and certainly feel safe. Some people have opinions, others have facts.
Closed Thread

Tags
villa, snowbirds, empty, neighborhoods, choice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.