We will be moving to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2020, 04:28 PM
Default We will be moving to The Villages

Early next year. What a great place to be! My wife and I are all fired up. I have a question about real estate there, specifically, pre owned homes. I have noticed it seems many home currently for sale are in the north and east sections of The Villages. While I am sure every area is great, has anyone noticed this also? Is there a particular reason for this? Is there an area that is better than others? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:34 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Older section, probably older people, more turnover.

(no nasty replies, just think it could be true)
Old 04-08-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Older section, probably older people, more turnover.
That is correct and I'm sure the main reason but many are also moving from the North section of the Villages to the South...
Old 04-08-2020, 05:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvic 1 View Post
That is correct and I'm sure the main reason but many are also moving from the North section of the Villages to the South...
I would love to see some stats on this although I'm sure such numbers are not available.

How many people know someone who has moved from north of 44 to one of the new areas down south? Just curious.

kathy
Old 04-08-2020, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,146 Times in 2,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothyimitchell View Post
Early next year. What a great place to be! My wife and I are all fired up. I have a question about real estate there, specifically, pre owned homes. I have noticed it seems many home currently for sale are in the north and east sections of The Villages. While I am sure every area is great, has anyone noticed this also? Is there a particular reason for this? Is there an area that is better than others? Thanks in advance.
You probably need to come down before you commit to buy and rent, 1, 2, or 3 months to see what area suits YOU. What I consider great may not be suitable for you. This will also give you time to look for your dream house, and potentially meet the neighbors. PS, I think I am in the best section of the Villages, just south of 466a.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:25 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

I know quite a few people that have sold north of 44 and moved south of 44. Some of these same people have already moved several times within The Villages. Village tinker is correct, many of the villages have different atmospheres and the only way to see the difference is to experience it. We like the quiet nature atmosphere of Fenney but also like Virginia Trace as you can walk to the square and also like Sunset Point.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
You probably need to come down before you commit to buy and rent, 1, 2, or 3 months to see what area suits YOU.
That is a very good idea. Since the snowflakes are going home, there are a LOT of patio villas for rent at bargain rates..

By the way, a 'snowbird' is a person who owns a house here but only comes down during the winter. A 'snowflake' is a person who comes down for the winter and rents.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:44 AM

We had been visiting friends who bought in TV since 2006 sometimes 2-3 times per year. With that information we decided to buy just north of 466 at Polo Ridge. At the time the house was mostly original with a totally enclosed lanai that was transformed to an actual room. We bought the house about 3 plus years ago and have invested in the house to update and make it our own. We loved the neighborhood and still do. The bond was paid which made the choice even better. We can walk to Southern Trace shopping center with ease. Both Sumpter Landing and Spanish Springs are easy golf cart rides away and I am a big fan of Glenview CC and golf. We are not isolated from our neighbors but, because we back up to a cul-de-sac, we have much more space then many houses that we don't have to take care of. Research of location and knowing who you are is the key to finding the best home and location to make you happy.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:01 AM

One thing to consider is looking at new homes. My experience has been that new homes are priced to sell. We have bought 2 in the last couple of years and they were less than houses that were on the market. They make it easy to build. We sat with the design team for 3 days and came away with everything we wanted and a little more for less than we could have purchased an existing home.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:04 AM
Smile

One good reason pre-owned homes are attractive is the bond has been paid off
Old 04-09-2020, 06:04 AM

One of the reasons is those are the oldest and original areas. Older residents are either passing away or moving in with adult children or going into care facilities. The new average age is going from residents in their 80s to residents in their 60s. This is my personal opinion from observation, I have no documentation to prove or disprove.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:07 AM

Been visiting here since 06 and bought in north as more mature trees and close to Spanish Springs and Sumter plus 441 shopping since last June when I finally bought.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:08 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

In the north and east of the villages as in the neighborhood I bought in, people are aging out. No more complicated than that
Old 04-09-2020, 06:15 AM

The reason for that area of the Villages having homes up for sale is because of the age if the residents. Remember they are now older since miving in and are ready to either downsize. Have decided to move back to be near their children or have died. The nice part about living in that area is that you are near everything. Landscaping is in place. The bond has probably been paid off. Changes have been made to the homes such as new flooring. The crinks have already been worked out. Of course if you are looking for a brand new home heading to the south end is the answer . keeping the above in mind. Good luck in whatever and wherever you decide to live. It's all there for everyone to enjoy.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:17 AM

Best area: south of CR 466, north of CR 466A. From CR 466A & Canal St by golf cart: 30 min to Spanish Springs, 10 min to Lake Sumter, 20 min to Brownwood.
Closed Thread

Tags
noticed, area, great, villages, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.