Villa Rentals..... money will not be returned !!!

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2020, 08:12 AM

I agree with you 100%.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:35 AM

I am so sorry to read this and I feel for you! We had rented a home for April directly from the owner. The lease clearly stated "no refunds" if cancelled. Obviously, we had to cancel. When I called the landlord, I was fully prepared to hear that we wouldn't get our money back. Imagine our surprise when we were refunded the deposit, full month's rent and the cleaning fee! The landlord was so kind and said that this was a unique time and that she wouldn't feel right about keeping our money. There are still good and kind people out there.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:02 AM

We refunded our Michigan April renters I would check with the governors department I believe they have to refund it
Old 05-20-2020, 09:54 AM

Thanks for the variety of replies... Hindsight.....The friend should have the left the rental in place.. , if the situation changed and they got here good.....even if the UK visitor could not get here, they would still have lost their money anyway. At least this scenario stops the renter, or villages from making money out of a bad situation. Then they could not re- rent the villa. My friend is "not a sucker" as suggested. Victim of the virus, and saved for 2 years for this vacation. 50% refund would have helped. Thank you 12ridehd may book with you in the future...and you too Sutty !!! The final straw offering a DOLLAR check refund.. un cashable in the UK, in the renters name. Even though I paid the rental in US dollars from my account here in the Villages. Dana 1963 you are right !!!!
Old 05-20-2020, 10:17 AM
Default Rental $

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
If you had a Villa rental booked earlier this year and were told you could changed the date, then you have to cancel as your government, Canada, Europe or UK, will still NOT allow you to travel, and / or the US government will NOT allow you entry , The Villages WILL NOT give you a refund.

QUESTION......So who is keeping this money, the owner, or the villages. Even a 50% refund would be a kindness in these very difficult times. If the villa remain empty you have still made money to cover the basics.

Either way it is bad business practice, and a sure fire way to make plenty of cash for no outlay. Perhaps both Owners and Villages can try thinking of what will happen NEXT YEAR... A friend who is 73 is $2350 out of pocket, and they are suggesting they re-book next year... you must be joking... we are not all millionaires.....some take 2 years to save that money.
Same thing happened to me. Rented March & April. Left March 23. They would not reimburse for April. Bad business practices in light of pandemic & The Villages ability to work with renter!!!
Old 05-20-2020, 10:53 AM
Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Muzzy View Post
We are no saints but when our renters had to leave early because of the virus we gave them a full refund. They were from Canada.
Why? Because it was the right thing to do. I'm a firm believer in what goers around comes around.
I gave a thumbs up on your response, however, after reading it a few times I keep getting stuck on the "We are no saints". Would you care to expand? That could be interesting.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
The Morse Syndicate doesn"t care. if they will not give a break on business closures due to covid why vacation rentals.
You are so uninformed.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell1234 View Post
Same thing happened to me. Rented March & April. Left March 23. They would not reimburse for April. Bad business practices in light of pandemic & The Villages ability to work with renter!!!
What did your Travel Insurance Company have to say about this?
Old 05-20-2020, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
TV does do rentals. Villagershomes4rent.com
The Villages Developer has nothing to do with this web site..
Old 05-20-2020, 12:36 PM

The right thing to do is refund the money. If they want to keep $100 for future advertising that would be even generous. Shame on all those that keep the money and users can not use due to the epidemic.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
The Morse Syndicate doesn"t care. if they will not give a break on business closures due to covid why vacation rentals.
So tell me all those business closures that got a break that were not renting from the Morse syndicate. Another troll post I assume.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-20-2020, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbthrockm@msn.com View Post
The right thing to do is refund the money. If they want to keep $100 for future advertising that would be even generous. Shame on all those that keep the money and users can not use due to the epidemic.
Easy to make that kind of statement when you have no data or experience in the subject. If you had skin in the game you might see it differently.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-20-2020, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

That is why I include 'Holiday cancellation' with my travel insurance.
Works at home and abroad.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
If you had a Villa rental booked earlier this year and were told you could changed the date, then you have to cancel as your government, Canada, Europe or UK, will still NOT allow you to travel, and / or the US government will NOT allow you entry , The Villages WILL NOT give you a refund.

QUESTION......So who is keeping this money, the owner, or the villages. Even a 50% refund would be a kindness in these very difficult times. If the villa remain empty you have still made money to cover the basics.

Either way it is bad business practice, and a sure fire way to make plenty of cash for no outlay. Perhaps both Owners and Villages can try thinking of what will happen NEXT YEAR... A friend who is 73 is $2350 out of pocket, and they are suggesting they re-book next year... you must be joking... we are not all millionaires.....some take 2 years to save that money.
As a villa owner who rents property when I’m not there.. just a FYI..I returned money I could have made.. feel better about it.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:

The correct thing to do is to provide a full refund. The Government is preventing the landlord from delivering the product that they advertised and sold to a customer. That product is the use of a villa during a specific time period, not some other time period. Suppose a car dealer sold you a car, and then the car was destroyed by lightning before it could be delivered. Would you expect to have to pay for the car? The landlord is a business selling a product. If the landlord is concerned about not being able to provide the product, then they should buy insurance, not the tenant. Also, the Government has already spent over $3 trillion to help businesses deal with the virus problem.
Closed Thread

Tags
money, year, villages, villa, government

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.