Village Airport Van Terrible Service

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2021, 06:27 AM

What is the name of the private company for $40. Number please
Old 05-21-2021, 06:42 AM

You need to contact David...he's a Private professional Villages resident Driver
Pristine driving record
Private Chauffeur straight from The Villages to airport (or anywhere) and his rates are highly competitive. I heard he will drive your car home up north
His number 503-866-0987
Or 503-550-9188
Ask for David
Old 05-21-2021, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneumann02 View Post
My last two experiences with Village Airport Van were complete disasters and if you use airport van services might want to know. I will never use your company again and will actively advise others not to also. NOTE: The company advertises vans leave every 30 minutes.

May 2- Landed at Orlando Airport and got to parking space A-45 at 1:25pm. Van showed up at 1:30. At 2:10pm I asked the driver when he is leaving. Driver said not till the dispatcher releases me and there are 2 people with their luggage coming down the stairs. These people never showed up. The van finally left at 2:40pm- an hour and 15 minutes after I got there.

May 19- My son got to space A45 at 6:30pm. No van. I called the office and was told the van would not get there until 7:20pm, and then would wait 30 minutes for other passengers, which would be 7:50pm or 1 hour 20 minutes after my son got to the parking space. My son then called Uber and took that to The Villages.

Conclusion: There is no excuse for this. Their current policy is to load up the vans to increase profits, no matter the discomfort to your customers. But they continue to advertise on your website the vans "leave every 30 minutes."

Suggestions: Stop advertising 30 minute schedules. Stop loading up the vans to increase profits at the expense of having satisfied customers. (This van packing also means extended times for picking up to the airport and coming back to The Villages. And with Fenney now drawing customers, it can be well over 2 hours sitting in the van.) Hire more drivers.

Excuses: None really. They blamed it on Covid, but bad service from anyone is now blamed on Covid.

Reacation from TOTV Members: Please do not attack me. I wrote this for three reasons. One, to advise people what to expect from this company if they use them. Two, just to blow off a little steam. Three, I have taken this up with the company and hope they might reconsider how they operate.
OP, please clarify which company you’re complaining about. Village Airport Van (yellow stripe) of Workman’s Airport Shuttle?
Old 05-21-2021, 06:44 AM

I have used his company for at least 12 years. Never a problem.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:50 AM

Aaa

Last edited by Villagesgal; 05-21-2021 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb L View Post
I have used The Villages Airport Van for over thirty round trips with no problems what so ever. I highly recommend them.
Me too. Ive never had an issue at all and never waited more than 10 min for the van to leave. Ive used this service numerous numerous times and wouldnt use any other rides.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:22 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

I agree about the extremely long trips if you're north. I think they should start having vans for the north and vans for the south.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:26 AM

This is not new for these folks. Our last trip with this clown show was in 2019. We spent an hour just picking folks up for the trip. The van had a service engine light on and a low tire pressure warning light. The driver ignored it. After nearly colliding into a car on a lane change, we decided if we get to the airport in one piece we were done.
We now use Creative Concierge only. They cost more but we feel very confident with them, especially during the year of Covid. They are great in communicating and are always timely.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
My last two experiences with Village Airport Van were complete disasters and if you use airport van services might want to know. I will never use your company again and will actively advise others not to also. NOTE: The company advertises vans leave every 30 minutes.

May 2- Landed at Orlando Airport and got to parking space A-45 at 1:25pm. Van showed up at 1:30. At 2:10pm I asked the driver when he is leaving. Driver said not till the dispatcher releases me and there are 2 people with their luggage coming down the stairs. These people never showed up. The van finally left at 2:40pm- an hour and 15 minutes after I got there.

May 19- My son got to space A45 at 6:30pm. No van. I called the office and was told the van would not get there until 7:20pm, and then would wait 30 minutes for other passengers, which would be 7:50pm or 1 hour 20 minutes after my son got to the parking space. My son then called Uber and took that to The Villages.

Conclusion: There is no excuse for this. Their current policy is to load up the vans to increase profits, no matter the discomfort to your customers. But they continue to advertise on your website the vans "leave every 30 minutes."

Suggestions: Stop advertising 30 minute schedules. Stop loading up the vans to increase profits at the expense of having satisfied customers. (This van packing also means extended times for picking up to the airport and coming back to The Villages. And with Fenney now drawing customers, it can be well over 2 hours sitting in the van.) Hire more drivers.

Excuses: None really. They blamed it on Covid, but bad service from anyone is now blamed on Covid.

Reacation from TOTV Members: Please do not attack me. I wrote this for three reasons. One, to advise people what to expect from this company if they use them. Two, just to blow off a little steam. Three, I have taken this up with the company and hope they might reconsider how they operate.
This is the Ad I found for Villages Airport Van. It does NOT advertise pickup every thirty minutes to be fair.

Village Airport Van - Airport Shuttle/Transportation for The Villages
Old 05-21-2021, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
We used the Village van for years, but it began to get more and more annoying to be picked up first and end up going all over TV to pick up and then one time we had to come off the highway and pick someone up at a hotel and they were not even ready. Almost missed flight. So now we use private transportation, costs more, but the convenience is worth it.
Same here living in the north end near RT 42 I was always the first to be picked up and the last to be dropped off. The solution was find a private car service to MCO, then take Workman’s Transportation back to LSL.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:38 AM
Veteran member

Whenever I go to MCO (Orlando), I drive about 2 miles past the airport and park at Omni Parking and Rental. I park in their lot and take their shuttle to the airport.....they drop you off where you need to be. You tell them when you are returning, and they will be there to pick you up .... once in a while you may have a 15 minute wait, as they shuttle to both terminal A and B. Their shuttles are very clean, and their service is on time. AND IT ONLY COSTS ABOUT 4 DOLLARS A DAY TO PARK THERE.
I will say, however, that Workman Transportation is a great way to get to the airport if you don't want to drive. They are dependable and on time ..... Kudos to them!
Old 05-21-2021, 07:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

I agree, if they’re telling you they leave every 30 mins. & they don’t then fees should start getting deducted. But then again they might say, find another way back to TV.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Flying 'out west' for a couple weeks, in a couple weeks. I decided to go with Village Airport Van, after some consternation. Used both VAV and Creative Concierge over the years before 'the plague'.

Hope they deliver AOK service... BTW re driving/parking to MCO... been there done that. NOW when we travel for more than a couple days - I want SOMEONE ELSE to do the work. Don't need that hassle anymore. Just my opinion.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
We used the Village van for years, but it began to get more and more annoying to be picked up first and end up going all over TV to pick up and then one time we had to come off the highway and pick someone up at a hotel and they were not even ready. Almost missed flight. So now we use private transportation, costs more, but the convenience is worth it.
Exactly why we stopped using them and use private transportation. Waiting in a hot almost filled van for people to show up that never do. Waiting, always waiting.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:50 AM

I totally agree. The company is mot keeping up with the population.

Tags
van, minutes, airport, vans, company

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.