Village Airport Van Terrible Service

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2021, 12:12 PM
Platinum member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawnKing View Post
You all have provided great alternative transportation options to MCO. But who, besides the Village Airport Van, goes to SFB (Sanford)?
Workman and Groome do not go to VAV. Don't know of any others except private cars.
Are there any that charge less than $65 each way? That's what VAV charges.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groome Transportation View Post
Sorry to hear about your last experience getting back from MCO. If you'd like to consider an alternate shared ride shuttle with home service and a fixed schedule, Groome Transportation now operates in The Villages and is $33 each way. We'll also send you a link to track your vehicle prior to pickup. Have a great day!
Your vehicles still tour the villages picking up and dropping off, right? Is there break when there is more than one rider in the same household? How far in advance of a flight do you pick up (e.g. 4 hours prior to departure domestic/5 hours for international)? How about the return, do you wait an hour to pack the van before departure from the airport?
Old 09-15-2021, 08:15 PM
Default What are various prices for transportation from Orlando airport to The Villages?

What are prices for taxi, van etc from Orlando Airport to Villages?
Old 09-15-2021, 08:40 PM
Talking Rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
look again
Old 09-16-2021, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts
Default Not to be snarky but goggle is your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post
What are prices for taxi, van etc from Orlando Airport to Villages?
easy to find all kinds of different means of transportation . I’ve used different private car services over the years and been happy with them all . I’ll never understand why people are trying to save a few bucks by riding in a van full of people especially now. I sometimes just go away for a few days sometimes to Vegas , would it be cheaper to drive yes but why would I want to ,also I would never ask anyone to drive me to airport because then I would be obligated to drive them!!!!!
Old 09-16-2021, 08:52 AM
Veteran member

Workman….we’ve been using them and their predecessor for 10+ years…only way to go. On time, clean vehicles, courteous, safe drivers plus they have an option for home pickup/drop off that connects to the scheduled bus so that no one else is affected.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneumann02 View Post
My last two experiences with Village Airport Van were complete disasters and if you use airport van services might want to know. I will never use your company again and will actively advise others not to also. NOTE: The company advertises vans leave every 30 minutes.

Reacation from TOTV Members: Please do not attack me. I wrote this for three reasons. One, to advise people what to expect from this company if they use them. Two, just to blow off a little steam. Three, I have taken this up with the company and hope they might reconsider how they operate.

I used Groome 3 times in a month and each was a pleasure -- picked me up from the house. I could tell how far they were away via their phone app.

My sister used Groome and had no complaint. My father used Groome and no complaint.

The reason we went with Groome each time is because others here complained about the other services.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:22 PM
Veteran member

We recently had to use the airport two times last month. First trip to MCO, used Groome. Picked up at our front door. That was nice. The van then picked up two more passengers, before heading to the airport. This is good for those who don't have transportation to get to the Town Squares, or don' want to leave their cars at a Town Square. Returning to TV it was Creative Concierge. Plane was delayed an hour, which they knew about and no hassle.
Second trip was Workman. Had the choice of Sumter Landing or Brownwood. Chose Brownwood. No traveling around to get other passengers. Return home was via Creative Concierge, after all the crowds at the airport and the crowded airplane, and the nice ride home to our front door the first time, this was a nice treat.

Nothing negative to report about any service.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

the only time we used Village Airport Van once....because we needed to be at the airport earlier than Workman's could get us there. The driver was constantly taking his eyes off the road and talking to the passenger in the front seat (about BS)

4 miles from MCO he stopped short of rear ending the truck in front of us, but the car behind us plowed into us....no one was hurt, but he had to pull over...we waited over a 1/2 hour for another van....some passengers missed their flight

Workman's is the better carrier....we've used them a lot in the past
Old 09-16-2021, 04:59 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,706 Times in 761 Posts

Villages vans could use some new vehicles. My last one was subpar
Closed Thread

Tags
van, minutes, airport, vans, company

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.