Village Center Community Development District Online Payments is live

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2022, 07:01 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
It would be nice if the new system actually worked. If you try and see your current bill all you get is a message telling you to check back later.
I am on the NSCUDD board and also not pleased at the moment with some of changes that have been made to the billing system. I am still getting the message as you saying "
The PDF document you have requested is not currently available, however, online payments can be made.

Thank you for your patience. Please try again later.
"

And, I believe the new current way to access ones billing data is way too cumbersome. And, who needs to remember another password that can't be changed? I have been in contact with staff. As they are good people, it is my hope that things will eventually work out for the best.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 06-26-2022 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I am on the NSCUDD board and also not pleased at the moment with some of changes that have been made to the billing system. I am still getting the message as you saying "
The PDF document you have requested is not currently available, however, online payments can be made.

Thank you for your patience. Please try again later.
"

And, I believe the new current way to access ones billing data is way too cumbersome. And, who needs to remember another password that can't be changed? I have been in contact with staff. As they are good people, it is my hope that things will eventually work out for the best.

Thank you for your patience.
What about the 95 cent charge to use online banking to make a payment? I am not aware of any billing company that charges a fee for that.

I already made my online payment from my bank account this month based on the email bill I received that said nothing about a fee. I guess my account will show that I underpaid the bill by 95 cents? But, 95 cents is not enough of a discount to convince me to use autopay. I use online banking for most bills, but not autopay.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:23 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

All comments made will be addressed by me with staff at the next NSCUDD board meeting Monday July 11at 3PM at SeaBreeze Rec Center. Everyone is welcome to attend this meeting to listen and make comments if you so desire.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
I have no problem with them passing on their costs of taking credit/debit card on to those who pay with them. You can still have payment come directly from your checking account for no additional cost, which I have done since I moved here.
It appears as though, even if you use online banking to pay the bill, you will still be charged a 95 cent fee. If you use a credit or debit card, the fee is 6 dollars. The only way to avoid a fee is to sign up for autopay, or to pay the bill in person. I hope that is not correct, but it appears to be.

I use online banking directly from my bank's website, but I don't log on to a company's website to pay a bill. I don't like using autopay, and I won't do it to save 95 cents.
Old 06-26-2022, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
All comments made will be addressed by me with staff at the next NSCUDD board meeting Monday July 11at 3PM at SeaBreeze Rec Center. Everyone is welcome to attend this meeting to listen and make comments if you so desire.
Thanks for representing us on the board.
Old 06-26-2022, 08:44 AM
Sage

The new online billing system seems redundant to the current E-bill system. I get a bill by email, view it, log on to my bank website, and schedule an electronic payment. I never need to log on to the district website to view or pay a bill.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The new online billing system seems redundant to the current E-bill system. I get a bill by email, view it, log on to my bank website, and schedule an electronic payment. I never need to log on to the district website to view or pay a bill.
But you do have to pay 95 cents for the privilege every month.

It costs me less than 95 cents in gas to pay it in person.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Yes, but if you choose AUTOPAY (ACH) andI believe you have to go to their office for that,there is no fee. We’ve never written a check and always have payments auto-paid from our checking account without a fee. Maybe now they will start charging a 95c fee?
I wouldn't trust this Villages system with my checking account and routing number enough to allow it to automatically withdraw funds from it every month. The only autopay we have is via our credit card for certain monthly bills, and then we use online banking to pay the credit card bill.

But we never EVER pay an extra fee for using our credit card to pay bills. The price is the same whether we pay by card, check, or online banking transfer.

It's ridiculous that the Villages Community Development District feels they need to nickel and dime residents to death just so residents can have the privilege of paying their bills.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:57 PM
Sage

Xfinity is not a public utility, but many people depend on it for their Internet service. They will pay you 10 dollars per month to autopay from your checking account. Or, you can pay the bill with a credit card and they don't charge any fee.
Old 06-26-2022, 06:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I wouldn't trust this Villages system with my checking account and routing number enough to allow it to automatically withdraw funds from it every month. The only autopay we have is via our credit card for certain monthly bills, and then we use online banking to pay the credit card bill.

But we never EVER pay an extra fee for using our credit card to pay bills. The price is the same whether we pay by card, check, or online banking transfer.

It's ridiculous that the Villages Community Development District feels they need to nickel and dime residents to death just so residents can have the privilege of paying their bills.
Not concerned at all. Especially since I keep just enough to cover any monthly ACH bills in that account of which there are only 2. If someone wants to hack me for $400+- so be it. I also have a 3rd account for eBay sales, Mercari Sales and other online business incoming payments only. My credit cards have been hacked more times than you can imagine over the last 10 or so years. The best one was 6 years ago by my NJ closing attorney's secretary who took out a credit card with my info and furnished her apartment in Long Island. Sometimes being too paranoid cuts back some of life's fun. Like the people who "never pay online with a credit card" but happily hand it over to some pimply 18yr old (sorry, not pimple shaming) in a restaurant who takes it into the back room and makes copies. That stuff just doesn't concern me. The Villages has enough information on you (and it's mostly public) that an ACH account hack is not worth their time.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 06-26-2022, 08:01 PM

Too bad cannot see the detail of the invoice!
Old 06-26-2022, 08:56 PM
Veteran member

Or just use a credit card like the US bank card that gives you 5% cash back on your utilities.
Old 06-27-2022, 05:02 AM
Veteran member

$6 to pay by credit card? No thanks.
Old 06-27-2022, 12:35 PM
Platinum member

A change and staff has helped me understand data not found.

The "The PDF document you have requested is not currently available, however, online payments can be made." message happens because staff says "We are working to have Invoice Cloud import the history or we will provide an additional link to let residents know where to go to find invoices before the implementation date billing cycle." So, we will be able to look up old data in the near future. NOW WORKS!

Staff now says that things have returned to the way they were before the change to the new billing software package. Access to bill payments and viewing invoices have returned to the previous look and feel. Everything should now work!

Have asked staff to prepare a list of changes to charges for the various payment methods from the old system to the new.

below is the link to the presentation made to the boards that adds details to why this change was made to the Utility Billing System

Coversheet

Last edited by twoplanekid; 06-27-2022 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:23 AM
Platinum member

Have asked staff to prepare a list of changes to charges for the various payment methods from the old system to the new.

And this is the reply I received from district staff today: (Invoice Cloud is the new system)

"Changes to charges are outlined below. This will be posted on the Utility Page tomorrow:

There was a change to the homeowner charges as follows:

E-Check went from $1 with Point and Pay to .95 with Invoice Cloud.

Credit/Card went from 2.3% with Point and Pay to 2.75% with Invoice Cloud.

The charges with autopay have not changed. If they pay with their banking account (checking or savings) there is no fee. Same thing with bill pay services."

I personally pay using autopay out of a checking account and do not have statements sent to me using the mail as that saves the district and NSCUDD money. I can always access my billing/invoices using the district online viewing system.

Village Community Development Districts

Again, you are always invited to attend one of our NSCUDD meetings with the next one taking place Monday, July 11th at 3 PM at SeaBreeze Rec Center. Have a good day and hope to see you at a meeting sometime in the future.

Rick

Last edited by twoplanekid; 06-28-2022 at 11:33 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
village, community, development, district, online

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.