Village of DeSoto Flyover 4-20-18

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2018, 06:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts
Default Village of DeSoto Flyover 4-20-18

I've posted a new flyover of The Village of Desoto at the link below. I hope you enjoy seeing the rapid progress being made in this new area of The Villages. I've included brief shots from the March shooting so you can see the differences and speed of construction.

It has been 4 weeks since my last flyover due to work, a little vacation, and lots of high winds lately. If you look at some of the trees in the video you will see them being whipped around quite a bit, at higher altitude the winds are even higher and more unpredictable. At one point my drone that normally travels at 30+MPH was only capable of just over 10 MPH due to the high winds.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you are enjoying these videos.

Village of Desoto 4-20-18

A note about YouTube - many content providers are compensated by YouTube for the traffic/number of hits they provide, this is driven by the number of subscribers and number of views they receive. I AM NOT compensated in any way for my work here because I am not bringing in the necessary volume and the music content I use is copyrighted. When I first started publishing these videos I tried to use public domain music but found it very limited and didn't do justice to the views being recorded so I have shifted to my Amazon library of classical music for inspiration. I LOVE CLASSICAL MUSIC! I would rather share this great music that reaches to the very heart of the human soul in my videos than worry about receiving a few pennies of compensation because a zillion people watch my videos, I let the dancing cats and waterskiing squirrels have that.

Please enjoy the music and videos as I try to chronical some of the growth and construction of this incredible community we live in. More to come.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:07 AM
Sage

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2018, 03:41 PM

Great and interesting video, thank you. Looking forward to the next one!
Old 04-27-2018, 07:54 PM
Sage
Default Keep them coming!

Hi Goldwingnut,

Love your flyover videos. I just subscribed to your YouTube channel.

I also love classical music. What pieces of music were on this video?

Has anyone moved into DeSoto yet? I see several homes on The Villages web site for sale in DeSoto.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:42 PM
Gold member

Bow and arrows, beginners, and a golf cart path directly behind the targets.... may be a possibly issue.....

out riding in the golf cart and all the sudden....... from the sky..... a rouge arrow.....

I'm thinking they might just need a some type of barricade.

Last edited by kstew43; 04-27-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:38 PM

Awesome videos.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:00 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Bow and arrows, beginners, and a golf cart path directly behind the targets.... may be a possibly issue.....

out riding in the golf cart and all the sudden....... from the sky..... a rouge arrow.....

I'm thinking they might just need a some type of barricade.
The targets are in their stowage locations, when actually in use they are out in the field and the people are under cover at the north end.

Give the designer a little credit, they’re not that stupid.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:11 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Hi Goldwingnut,

Love your flyover videos. I just subscribed to your YouTube channel.

I also love classical music. What pieces of music were on this video?

Has anyone moved into DeSoto yet? I see several homes on The Villages web site for sale in DeSoto.
Not sure if any have sold and are occupied yet, the homes near the patio villas have been done for several weeks now so one would assume some have sold and are being occupied. A quick drive by the homes would answer the question. I don’t see any signs of occupancy in the video, perhaps next time.

The music selections are:
Gayaneh, Act III Sabre dance - Hungarian State Orchestra & Adam Fischer performing
Wanderer Fantasy in C Major, Op. 15, D. 760: Allegro con fuoco, ma non troppo - Peter Rosel performing
Both are very from the Album: 100 Must Have Heroic Classics
These selections are copyrighted by their various owners.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Not sure if any have sold and are occupied yet, the homes near the patio villas have been done for several weeks now so one would assume some have sold and are being occupied. A quick drive by the homes would answer the question. I don’t see any signs of occupancy in the video, perhaps next time.

Gayaneh, Act III Sabre dance - Hungarian State Orchestra & Adam Fischer performing
Wanderer Fantasy in C Major, Op. 15, D. 760: Allegro con fuoco, ma non troppo - Peter Rosel performing
Thanks for the info. I will have to venture back down to Fenney and DeSoto on my next trip to The Villages. So glad the new construction is continuing for us Villages wannabees.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:
The targets are in their stowage locations, when actually in use they are out in the field and the people are under cover at the north end.

Give the designer a little credit, they’re not that stupid.
who knew?.....as I said....I would be a beginner...

Just remembering the great putt putt course built in Fenny, with no parking lot for cars...., you just never know.....

Last edited by kstew43; 04-29-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:54 PM
Sage

Quote:

In another thread, someone mentioned that they closed on a house in DeSoto this month and are in the process of buying furniture for it for next snowbird season. So people must have started moving in to DeSoto.

Tags
music, videos, village, winds, youtube

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.