Village of Fenney's hidden secrets;

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2018, 01:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
We live in the Village of Charlotte area & I couldn't believe it but it's exactly in the middle of TV. 10 miles to the back side of Fenney & 11 1/2 miles to Silver Lake. I was told TV of Charlotte is one of the most desirable areas to live in. If you check it out you won't find hardly a home for sale there. Unfortunately we just listed our house on 11-26-18. We decide to be closer to our family. Actually there's not a bad place in TV to live.
\
Aw... Godspeed, OhioBuckeye.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Honestly, I think they made a mistake. The developer making mistakes is rare, but they do happen.
It's a long way from Silver Lake to the Fenny putt and play. Too far for a golf cart. Folks who cannot walk the 1/4 mile from the nearest parking lot are at a disadvantage! This is the only such course in the Villages. A car park should have been provided!
Old 11-26-2018, 10:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry black View Post
It's a long way from Silver Lake to the Fenny putt and play. Too far for a golf cart. Folks who cannot walk the 1/4 mile from the nearest parking lot are at a disadvantage! This is the only such course in the Villages. A car park should have been provided!
Most people didn't move here to play putt putt and play. They moved here for real golf.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Most people didn't move here to play putt putt and play. They moved here for real golf.
You are correct, as you usually are. However, this is one of the very few times The Villages has failed to take all possible issues into consideration. The one time I played the putt and play I parked away and walked because the houses across the way were still under construction. The next time I go, which will be soon with my 93 year old MIL and my 3 year old grand-daughter, I will will park on the street across the way which is permitted during daylight hours. If enough players do likewise, the residents will make enough noise that the developers will find another solution to the parking issue.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
You are correct, as you usually are. However, this is one of the very few times The Villages has failed to take all possible issues into consideration. The one time I played the putt and play I parked away and walked because the houses across the way were still under construction. The next time I go, which will be soon with my 93 year old MIL and my 3 year old grand-daughter, I will will park on the street across the way which is permitted during daylight hours. If enough players do likewise, the residents will make enough noise that the developers will find another solution to the parking issue.
You could ask the Sales Center in Fenney if you can borrow a golf cart.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
.... I will will park on the street across the way which is permitted during daylight hours. If enough players do likewise, the residents will make enough noise that the developers will find another solution to the parking issue.
Seriously... you would rather antagonize and irrate the residents than take a 2 block walk from either the Blue Heron or Sugar Cane Rec Centers?? If you can't walk that short distance, how do expect to walk around the putt and play course?
Old 11-27-2018, 02:11 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
The sales office offers curtesy rides to and from the Putt and Play via their large golf cars, all you have to do is walk in and ask. The will be no parking solution as all of the land/lots in that area have buildings on them. So, no need to park in front of private homes just park at the sales office and enjoy the ride they'll even provide putters for your MIL and grand daughter. Problem solved, no need to ever complain again.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
The sales office offers curtesy rides to and from the Putt and Play via their large golf cars, all you have to do is walk in and ask. The will be no parking solution as all of the land/lots in that area have buildings on them. So, no need to park in front of private homes just park at the sales office and enjoy the ride they'll even provide putters for your MIL and grand daughter. Problem solved, no need to ever complain again.

Tags
people, nice, trees, surrounding, live

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.