Village of Fenney's hidden secrets;

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2018, 02:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Speaking of Fenney, I see all the homes have the water heater mounted on the outside of the house. How's that working out for you Fenninites?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 11-05-2018, 07:01 AM

The water heaters work just fine. There is a general assumption that tankless water heaters are "instant hot water" and they are not and are not meant to be. There is such a thing but it's a different animal. We were dubious about Fenney at first for one reason (one that got me flamed here on TOTV earlier this year) and that is the lack of connectivity to the rest of TV. But that is barely more than a year away and we see it getting closer every day. Once that is opened up, there is no reason why it would be 5 to 10 years for Fenney to be a viable option for some to choose. Up to this point, and continuing until connectivity is established, the area is growing and maturing daily. Meanwhile, we're not on an island. There are plenty of roads that allow us access to enjoy all of TV by car and I see many people every day that travel here by car to enjoy the golf courses and amenities we do already have.

I have yet to hear any PA from a prison or anywhere else, nor have I met anyone that lives here who has.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
The walking trails just off the boardwalk and all other sections of the trails allow dogs as long as they are on a leash.
There is a very nice paved walking trail thru the old sinkhole next to the Sugar Cane Rec center, but dogs are not allowed.

As you enter the trail, there is a sign with a picture of a dog with a line thru it. I assume that means dogs are not allowed.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:00 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

One of the benefits of having a tankless water heater is the garage closets have a lot of room where the tank would normally have been installed, great for garden tools, etc. Every cubic inch helps when it comes to storage.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
There is a very nice paved walking trail thru the old sinkhole next to the Sugar Cane Rec center, but dogs are not allowed.

As you enter the trail, there is a sign with a picture of a dog with a line thru it. I assume that means dogs are not allowed.
That trail is not in Fenney, it's in DeSoto. Are you sure that sign is for the trail or is it for the rec. area, there are signs just like that at the other two rec. areas and they are specific to the recreation facilities rather than the trails. I go past there a lot and always see people walking their dogs down there.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,905 Times in 2,444 Posts

Quote:
The sign is very clear at the exercise area, you can walk your dog on the trails as long as they are on a leash. Dogs are not allowed on the nature train at the rec. center that is a boardwalk trail going over protected water and marshes and that is understood by most people, this is the only section of trail down here that does not allow dogs. The walking trails just off the boardwalk and all other sections of the trails allow dogs as long as they are on a leash.
No dog park?
Old 11-05-2018, 08:09 AM
Sage

I love "positive"!!! I'll chime in and say that we took the Trolley Tour to Fenney a few weeks ago. I recommend it! Anyway, we think Fenney is beautiful, but it wouldn't work for us just due to the location and "now" lack of golf cart accessablity. BUT then even The Villages as a whole, isn't for everyone!! We know several folks who live there and love it. By car, they say it takes no time at all to get placess. As one other poster said...give it some years and all the so-called negatives will disappear. Can't speak to "earthquakes and prisons" but folks should have done their due diligence before buying by asking questions....both possitive and negative ones.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,905 Times in 2,444 Posts

For anybody that has to go to Orlando regularly Fenney would be great. 20 mins, to north Orlando or area. Eventually it will be connected across the turnpike when that area get built up.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:20 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Fenney is great and will be even greater.

I was one of those early Crazies, living South of 466a........with "nothing there", too far from Sumter and an empty Square.

Sumter was/is different than Historical. South of 466a was/is different than Sumter. Fenney is different than ________ .

Gas vs. Electric.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
I go past there a lot and always see people walking their dogs down there.
Why not get out of your car and look at the sign? As you begin the trail thru the sink hole, you will see the sign.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
It is pretty in that area. The problem is the lack of Championship Golf Courses. Only one on the drawing board. My husband plays 4 days a week. One course would not work for us.
We lived on one course for decades.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,047 Times in 2,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
It is pretty in that area. The problem is the lack of Championship Golf Courses. Only one on the drawing board. My husband plays 4 days a week. One course would not work for us.
Agreed, that's the deal breaker for me. Otherwise the area has lots to offer.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We lived on one course for decades.
One course was fine up North. Working full time only played once a week. Playing the same course 4 days a week not great.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
No dog park?
There is a disgusting dog park, went there the first day it was opened thinking I could take my dog for a nice clean, safe run at least once and it was a mess even then. Most people that take their dog to a vet on a regular basis are warned not to go to dog parks. Dog's are allowed to be leash walked throughout the trails here in Fenney, I tend to follow the rules and listen to my vet. If the rules say no dogs I stay away.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Why not get out of your car and look at the sign? As you begin the trail thru the sink hole, you will see the sign.
I'm already out of the car when there, I walk. i don't take my dog there as we have more than enough trails in Fenney where he is allowed.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, nice, trees, surrounding, live

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.