village of fishing?

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Default village of fishing?

What village would there be closeness to fishing with a deep v 16 foot tracker. We would want a very basic villa.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Default Re: village of fishing?

Hi,

I have a 18 foot deep V Starcraft with a 120 hp Mecury Force on it ..that I use for fishing, wild life watching and just cruising about having fun.

Ther are loads of oportunities for boating near the villages ...none of the villages ponds allow boats ..but the ponds can be used for fishing ..some bass etc..

The nearest big interconnected system is Griffin ...go down 27/441 for about 3 miles ..past Water Oak ..to that funny castle thing ..make a left toward Harbour Hills Country Club ...when you reach HHCC Gates make a left down a slight incline ..this dead ends at the lake - Pine Island Fish Camp ..they have bait tackle etc. and a ramp into the lake ...from here you can go for miles and miles ...if you want to try it ...even to the ocean (not kidding)... Blue Heron Cove, and Nelsons Fish Camp up on 42 the other side of Weirsdale have ramps into the Oklawaha River, there are 4 great free ramps into Lake Harris on the old dixie highway in Leesburg....most of the other local lakes also have ramps ..but not all are interconnected.

If you are bringing a boat to the villages ...beware !! you are not supposed to leave boats/Rv's etc. in plain view ...see the deed restrictions ...some folks get away with it ..but id anyone complains ..the villages will make you move it ..which means storing it in one of the storage lots (a pain) or getting a berth at a marina ..also a pain and lacks flexibility - I bought a 2 bed 2 bath Manufactured home on the east side of 27/441 with an enormous double car port ...i've had that all screened in (cheap) so boat car buggy etc. can't be seen from the road and is ready to be hooked up and towed to where ever we fancy, also handy for charging up batteries, washing cleaning and basic maintainance which you can't do at a storage lot.

House is great for myself and my wife ..loads of room and backs up to the golf course ..so also have some great views ... you should be able to find something similar for $140-$190K depending on condition and view etc. If you are down in TV take a swing by my place 1004 Bowersox Drive and take a look ...boat/car etc. is in the port ..won't be back to TV til Dec 2nd ..if you want a chat mail me on mikegreen1946@hotmail.com

Hope this helps ..I have done loads of reserach on local boating so can help out muchly !!!

Cheers
Old 07-25-2007, 12:46 PM

Thanks. I hope for us to be able to come down in the fall and look around. I will share this with my husband. I forgot about being able to wash the boat etc. I take it for granted at our house.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:05 PM

try googling Lake Griffin Harbor it loks pretty good to me

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.