Village health hack.

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2021, 06:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

We’ll personally I think it’ll get worse because millions of people are out of work with no money & with all the hundreds of thousands coming over the border, what’s a better way to get something for free!
Old 09-18-2021, 07:15 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,552 Times in 592 Posts

Code:
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Use Amex exclusively. They Text if anything looks suspicious, to either approve or deny charge. If there is a problem a new card is overnighted. It’s worth a yearly fee for piece of mind, and points to use all year long.
Visa does the samething for free. Ive had purchases that I was making that looked suspicious since I was making the purchase far away from where I live denied. Then they text me a message immediately to verify if its me. I reply n my card is immediately activated again
Old 09-18-2021, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtime View Post
Received notice my credit card was used in MN. Thank goodness for notices when ever you charge something. It was a small amount but if had gone thru they would have started having a field day. Got the cards cancelled and new cards are on the way. Just now it was tried again. I know the Village Hospital system isn't the only one having an issue but it would be nice with all the information that they have on each person, they would work a little bit harder. Just a little while ago another charge was tried to be placed. This on was in Mitchell AU. So everyone be on the lookout, trouble is on the way
Only used a credit card not a debit card for purchases. Every purchase you should receive a text, same as with credits received. Another way to increase you’ll get hacked is to leave your cars on autopay with anyone.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtime View Post
Received notice my credit card was used in MN. Thank goodness for notices when ever you charge something. It was a small amount but if had gone thru they would have started having a field day. Got the cards cancelled and new cards are on the way. Just now it was tried again. I know the Village Hospital system isn't the only one having an issue but it would be nice with all the information that they have on each person, they would work a little bit harder. Just a little while ago another charge was tried to be placed. This on was in Mitchell AU. So everyone be on the lookout, trouble is on the way
I have a MC through NFCU. My son is a banker. I told him that I scraped off the three digit code on the back of the card and memorized the number. He said that was a good idea. Of course, I only have the one card. Those with multiple cards may have a problem memorizing the various security numbers. But it works for me.
Old 09-18-2021, 09:26 AM

i didn't use my card at either..........
Old 09-18-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
Poster mentions Villages Health and Villages Hospital, two separate companies. Were you at Villages Health?
Hospital
Old 09-18-2021, 10:44 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,051 Times in 289 Posts

The only time I've had my CC stolen was after using it to paying for a meal. Now we try to always pay cash when dining out.

But then I got a charge this month from Katie Belle's, with a Lake Sumter address and a phone number not in service. They've been closed since before I moved here, and were in Spanish, not Sumter, so I figured it might be a scam, since I had relaxed my guard and payed for a meal at the Nancy Lopez country club that day.

After I had Capital One remove the charge, it occurred to me that I'd bought drinks that night at the Erasmith concert at Savanna. I couldn't remember if I'd paid cash, but the charge was probably about right for a beer and a margurita. I called the Villages Entertainment people and discovered that, yes, they're still using the Katie Belle's credit card servicing setup. Weird! I didn't even know Katie Belle's was owned by The Villages! Now I'm a little mad that they closed it. It sounds like a fun place.

Oh, well. At least my CC wasn't stolen.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,125 Times in 873 Posts

I got a notice saying I owed the Villages hospital $100 which I know I didn't. They sure make it look legit, but one must always be on the lookout for scammers.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:24 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Use Amex exclusively. They Text if anything looks suspicious, to either approve or deny charge. If there is a problem a new card is overnighted. It’s worth a yearly fee for piece of mind, and points to use all year long.

Ditto

And Discover
Old 09-19-2021, 07:38 AM

Chase is immediate notice
Old 09-19-2021, 07:39 AM
Default Discover or MasterCard through my bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
My Citi Mastercard (2% cash back) does exactly the same thing with no annual fee.
Either Discover or Master Card through my bank has this without any yearly charges, if I did not created the charge, I am not responsible for it. I use it all the time except when I order on EBAY, I use PayPal for that.
Try to be double cautious all the time and use encrypted passwords
Closed Thread

Tags
village, cards, charge, bit, mitchell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.