The Village hotels

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2013, 12:12 AM
Sage

I have stayed at several of the hotels close or in The Villages. I would not hesitate to stay at any one of the hotels listed below. In fact I will be staying at one of them the night before my Lifestyle Preview Visit starts in October. You can rent a golf cart by the day or by the week if you go on line and check the classified ad section of The Villages Daily Sun or check the golf cart rental listings on TOTV.

Comfort Suites and Holiday Inn Express (both about 3 blocks from Spanish Springs). Both very nice and both are golf cart accessible.

Towne Place Suites by Marriott (right in Spanish Springs next to the movie theatre). Very nice and golf cart accessible. A little more expensive than Comfort Suites and the Holiday Inn Express.

Hampton Inn on 466. Not golf cart accessible, but very nice.

Waterfront Inn at Lake Sumter Landing. Golf cart accessible, very nice. May be a hair more expensive than Towne Place Suites.

If you want to stay right in one of the town squares I would vote for Towne Place Suites if you want to stay at Spanish Springs or the Waterfront Inn if you want to stay at Lake Sumter Landing.

If you have an AARP card or a AAA Motor Club card, check the hotels' web sites to see what kind of discount you can get.

Drive around all parts of The Villages, go to open houses (they are held every day, not just on weekends and are listed in The Daily Sun), ask questions of people you meet, and enjoy your stay in TV.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:39 AM

We want to see what first hand what you guys love so much about your homes, neighbors, friends and entertainment.

The golf cart deal is kind a intimindating after reading this board so we intend to walk to the squares, then crawl back home. Kidding.

Thanks again for the comments!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:00 AM

We stayed at the Waterfront last week. The only negative is that room ac units are very noisy. I know that some folks find it puts them to sleep, I find it very distracting.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:06 AM

holiday inn express.. great rates ..golf cart excess..great free breakfast.. pet friendly.. great staff !!! stayed twice when we visited and would definitely recommend..
Old 07-27-2013, 03:39 PM

Hey gang, We did our do it yourself Village visit last night and this morning and I wanted to report our thoughts:
1. Great people and wonderful area.
2. Watched softball this morning...that's some serious but fun stuff.
3. Fascinated by all the golf carts especially the skinny bald guy with a golf cart horn.
A. We are trying to find The Waterfront Inn that of course wasn't marked on any signs and I'm couldn't find a map, plus we wanted to case the place at the same time.
B. Negotiating the traffic circles is no big deal as I've driven in Boston for years...perhaps they should send a few of the Village folk up there to take lessons.
C. I'm going around a circle this morning and this cart about flies out right in front of us where I was scared I was about to hit the guy so I slowed down/stopped in front of him for his safety.
D. He starts yelling and blowing his cart horn at us. We both lost it with laughter as this guy appeared to be in a hurry to no where.
We laughed about that guy for 10 minutes. If he is representative of a retiree, I'm not ready to retire yet...that guy was wound a tight as a one legged guy in a butt kicking contest.
4. All in all we had a wonderful time. Never saw baldy again...hope that guy learns to loose up.

Thanks for the tips on the Villages and watch out that our bald buddy down there...he is in a hurry to nothing but has to get there fast. Made our trip laughing at that guy.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:23 PM

My Dad comes down every year and he stays at the Marriott in SS. He's stayed there about 4 times for a weekly visit. It was less expensive than the Waterfront Inn and has a kichenette with a full sized refrigerator, stovetop, pans dishes, glasses, and utensils. All he had to do was go to nearby Publix and stock up for the week. It was very reasonable especially in the off season months (After May 1).
Old 07-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Sage

hoseman, Glad you enjoyed your first trip to The Villages. Driving a golf cart is definitely an experience -- at least it was for me the first time. If you are considering buying a home in The Villages, I would recommend you rent a house in The Villages for a week/couple of weeks/or a month if you can rent for that long. I have rented in The Villages 5 times since 2011, each time in a different village to get a feel of where I might like to live in if I hopefully do buy in The Villages one day. The Villages also has a Lifestyle Preview Plan program where you can stay at a home right next to Lake Sumter Landing for 4 to 7 nights, which is what I am doing when I return to The Villages in October.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:14 PM

All above info is good. However, we stayed at holiday inn express. Good prices, great breakfast, coffee 24 hours and very friendly staff. After first visit there, we went back four times during the design and closing phases. Never disappointed.
Joanne
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.