Village.net fees

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Default Village.net fees

If your a high speed broadband comcast customer I was told your monthly fees to the site are waived.

I use the site basically to setup tee times. Comcast has told me they have an agreement that the fees are waived yet my account gets charged $ 5.50 per month.

When I talk to thevillages.net they say for me to talk with comcast, because it doesn't show up as such.

So what is the truth? : :
Old 12-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Default Re: Village.net fees

We've got Comcast high speed internet and don't get charged for Villages.net. However, we had to go to the Comcast office on 441 in Summerfield to set the account up. Maybe you didn't do that?

Regarding Villages.net link to set up tee times, are you having problems accessing this? All of a sudden this evening we can't get on using either our desktop computer or laptop. I called them right before they closed at 5pm and they said they weren't having any problems, but I wonder since we can't access with either computer. Have you tried it lately?

Appreciate any input Village.net users can give me!
Old 12-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Veteran member

I'm having the same problem trying to set up tee time. I get to reservations and when I try to enter, there is an "Error" message. The only link on that page I can access is the one that shows course maintenance. They should have gotten on the ball with your call. Hope its up soon.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:23 AM

Thanks Cabo! I've got the same thing as you, everything shows as "error on page". When I called at 4:56 he had me do something in tools/internet options and then said to restart and everything should be ok. By the time I restarted and found out it wasn't ok it was 5:02 and they were gone for the day! Will have to call first thing in the morning to get it straightened out. Wonder if everyone is having a problem ???
Old 12-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

OK I'm having the same trouble trying to get into their site...Maybe they'll change their name to THE GRACE-L-FURGESON STORM DOOR AND INTERNET CO.

Better luck tomorrow Fumar
Old 12-14-2007, 01:31 AM

You need to ask them to set it up at the Comcast office
Old 12-14-2007, 03:12 AM

Same problem here. Called about 4:55 and they said the tech people would have to "change" something tomorrow.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:39 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyp
Same problem here. Called about 4:55 and they said the tech people would have to "change" something tomorrow.
Of course them "changing it" tomorrow is not going to help the guy in our foursome that I was trying to cancel out tonight. Ah well, he deserves the points cuz I'm too stupid to use the phone system.

And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 12-14-2007, 08:23 PM

Finally got the word today. Somebody dropped the ball and not sure if its villages.net or comcast, but according to Villages.net they never got the word from comcast so they charged me anyway. The fee is for sure waived if you are a comcast high speed user.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.