Village of Sanibel

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Veteran member

It is so nice to hear from future neighbors in Sanibel! I will say prayers on my end if you will say some on yours!! I am working hard to be patient and wait for that 1 buyer who says yes! To pjmcd and jfmajer, welcome to our future "neighborhood!" We have a lot on Bradford Loop. Right now we are in Rockford, Illinois. Hope to be fulltimers at TV as soon as we can, but that may be a while! We will be there for a few days in late June, so we will finally be able to check Sanibel out!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Default Sanibel Lives!

Hey Sky, The GaPeach and I have been down here this week getting our house plan complete and money down to build before the price increase, and it is amazing to look at all the building going on. We counted 20 or so houses at some stage of building in Sanibel. Two additional homes have been started this week while we were here. I have pictures to post when we get home. The Pool and mail area is done and should be ready for use when the first resident moves in. We were able to drive throught the model center today and it looks like it has been there for years. It opens tomorrow. The closing for our house is August 26, 70 days to build our Iris. Just a great time for us, and we have our prayers going out to everyone who may be waiting for this day as well.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Default Sanibel village

We will be back in the VIllages to late to avoid the price increase.We bought lot 13 . Did you have a choice on the builder or are they just assigned?
How long did the design process take?

Any suggestions to us on the process? Thanks
Old 06-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Veteran member

Zummy,
I cannot answer any of your questions about the building process, but I can tell you that we are Lot 16, just 3 houses down! Tom and I will look forward to meeting you when we cross paths in Sanibel. We are going to be there from 6/26-6/30 and then again 7/5-7/10.
We are hoping our home sells in the not too distant future, so we can migrate south!
Till we meet in TV,
Mary
Old 06-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDawg View Post
Hey Sky, The GaPeach and I have been down here this week getting our house plan complete and money down to build before the price increase, and it is amazing to look at all the building going on. We counted 20 or so houses at some stage of building in Sanibel. Two additional homes have been started this week while we were here. I have pictures to post when we get home. The Pool and mail area is done and should be ready for use when the first resident moves in. We were able to drive throught the model center today and it looks like it has been there for years. It opens tomorrow. The closing for our house is August 26, 70 days to build our Iris. Just a great time for us, and we have our prayers going out to everyone who may be waiting for this day as well.
GaDawg,
I am so happy for you and your Peach! Sounds like things are starting to pop in Sanibel! I would love to see your pictures when you post them. We are going to be there soon, but it is so good to hear the building has started!
Continued thoughts and prayers for all needing a home buyer!!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Veteran member
Default New Models Opening tomorrow

Just notified by our salesperson that the New Models will be opening tomorrow and most likely another section of homes as well.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:41 PM

Just noticed that the second section of the Village of Sanibel just opened today. Can't wait until July 17th to come down and order our house.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:34 PM

Hey, fellow Clevelander! (East side or west?) Welcome to TOTV AND to The Villages. Congratulations!
Old 06-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmajer View Post
Just noticed that the second section of the Village of Sanibel just opened today. Can't wait until July 17th to come down and order our house.
That was fast!
Old 06-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Default Also from IL and picked out lot in Sanibel last week

We are from IL also and picked out our lot in Sanibel last week. We are coming down in December to start the house process and hope to have a closing in early March. We plan on becoming frogs. My wife can retire in two months and I will retire in 8 months. Can't wait to join all the cool people in Sanibel.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:52 PM

Moving from the eastside of Cleveland (Richmond Hts.) to the Village of Sanibel hopefully in November. Will be down the week of July 17th.

Last edited by jfmajer; 06-24-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Sage

Hi everyone!!! I just added all the newbies to my "friend" list so we can keep in touch! Can't wait to get down there. Coming down in the spring of 2012 with Oren Miller!!! That would be my hubbie!
Old 06-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Veteran member

Hi, Angie! You have figured out the posting business very well! We are leaving for TV tomorrow, and can't wait to see what we bought! What lot did you buy or what street is it on? We can pretty much go when our home here sells, so we are just keeping our fingers crossed, but retirement is looking very good from here!
Old 06-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Sage

*waving* Hi!!! We are on lot 26 on Evinston Court. Bradford Loop is a BIG street!!!! BTW... We live in Channahon, IL and the houses in this part of Illinois are starting to sell again!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Default Hello Friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
*waving* Hi!!! We are on lot 26 on Evinston Court. Bradford Loop is a BIG street!!!! BTW... We live in Channahon, IL and the houses in this part of Illinois are starting to sell again!!!
Welcome to Sanibel and to TOTV! We sure are getting several Sanibelians on this site. Looking forward to meeting you in the future. My GaPeaach and I have been on a two year venture to get to TV for good, and will close on our new Iris on Baker Ln. on August 26. I just love it when a plan comes together and we hope yours will as well. As we say in Georgia, Y'all come visit, ya heah!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.