Village of Sanibel

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Sage
Default Wow you must like Sweet Tomatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren L Miller View Post
We drove up to Schaumburg many times just to go the Sweet Tomatoes. I'm Angie's hubby. Looking forward to meeting all the folks in Sanibel but it sounds like we need to start a Sanibel IL club. I say we meet the first Wednesday of every month and take turns picking a place to eat. We will be there for the April 2012 outing.
Wow you and Angie must like Sweet Tomatoes a lot to drive from Channanon to Schaumburg! It is good though. I understand a Sweet Tomatoes has opened near TV in the last couple of months on 27/441. I don't know if you can get there in a golf cart or not, but at least you will still be able to get your Sweet Tomatoes fix in TV.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Wow you and Angie must like Sweet Tomatoes a lot to drive from Channanon to Schaumburg! It is good though. I understand a Sweet Tomatoes has opened near TV in the last couple of months on 27/441. I don't know if you can get there in a golf cart or not, but at least you will still be able to get your Sweet Tomatoes fix in TV.
Just outside golf cart territory. But I guess you could golf cart into Target parking lot and just cross the street. Not much of a walk.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc6 View Post
We have just purchased a lot in Sanibel. Any other new Sanibel folks out there? We still have a home to sell here in Illinois, but hope to be full time residents as soon as we can. We would love to connect with potential neighbors out there!
We bought in sanibel....on Alee Lane...
Old 07-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default To Shaumburger

We used to live in Wheaton and would drive to your mall! Now, mind you, that was about 30 years ago. Have been back a couple of times. Like you, we are too young to make it to the TV soon and have to be content to visit often. Also have to hope and pray that retirement will still be do-able at 62! Wish there was a way for young retiree's to pool together and buy an affordable health plan....then we would be there sooner!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Default December 13th

We have a date with our sales agent to lock and load and start the house December 13th. Best Christmas present ever. The plan is to move in around April 1st. We can't wait. I appreciate all the good news and tips on TOTV. I'm already putting a list of companies to do and not to do business with.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
We used to live in Wheaton and would drive to your mall! Now, mind you, that was about 30 years ago. Have been back a couple of times. Like you, we are too young to make it to the TV soon and have to be content to visit often. Also have to hope and pray that retirement will still be do-able at 62! Wish there was a way for young retiree's to pool together and buy an affordable health plan....then we would be there sooner!
Hi ssmith, Actually for as close as I live to Woodfield Mall - about 5 miles - I probably don't go there more than 4 times a year and never during the month of December. If I don't step into Woodfield unless I absolutely have to, I'm not tempted to buy something I really don't need. Sales tax in suburban Cook (also known as Crook) County is 9.5% now, but it is supposed to be lowered to 9.25% sometime in 2012. Yes, that health insurance is a biggie for me. I'm hoping to survive my job for another 8-9 yrs., but I would still need to work at some job after 59 to get health insurance coverage. I will be in TV renting for 8 days starting July 6, and I hope to return to TV to rent in October. I'm fortunate that with my years of service with my employer, I receive a lot of vacation. If I only received 2 wks. of vacation per yr. getting down to TV would be a lot harder. Happy 4th of July to you!
Old 07-26-2011, 03:10 PM

We bought Lot # 1 on Bradford Loop. Just sold our house here in Orlando. Closing is August 15 and we will begin constructing the "perfect Lily" that afternoon! Very excited to meet all our new friends.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:16 PM

We purchased Lot # 1 on Bradford Loop. We just sold our house here in Orlando and will close on it the morning of August 15. Driving over right after that to start our construction of "The Perfect Lily" and hope to be moved in by November 15! Can't wait to meet all our new friends and neighbors.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Sage

Congrats, Judy n Ron! The best is yet to come.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Sage

*waving* Hi Judy and Ron!!! Can't wait to meet you!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy n Ron View Post
We bought Lot # 1 on Bradford Loop. Just sold our house here in Orlando. Closing is August 15 and we will begin constructing the "perfect Lily" that afternoon! Very excited to meet all our new friends.
Hey Judy n Ron, we just moved into a rental in Duval for a month until our house is completed on Baker Lane. Glad to find some new Sanibellians posting. Welcome, and as we say in Georgia, Y'all come visit, ya heah!
Old 07-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy n Ron View Post
We purchased Lot # 1 on Bradford Loop. We just sold our house here in Orlando and will close on it the morning of August 15. Driving over right after that to start our construction of "The Perfect Lily" and hope to be moved in by November 15! Can't wait to meet all our new friends and neighbors.
Judy n Ron, Congrats you lucky people! Welcome to TOTV.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Default Done Deal

Came down to TV last week. Patti and I really fell in love with the location of the Village of Sanibel. It's close to the shopping center, rec. center and not that far (even in a golf cart) to Lake Sumter Landing. We ordered our house which will be on Alwick Way and will be closing on 9/29. I never thought that picking out what you want in your home would be so easy and fun. I'm really impressed with the construction of the homes. We also had the pleasure of meeting two of our new neighbors and I got a couple of quotes on a new golf cart...which is a must!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone in the neighborhood. Jim and Patti
Old 07-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Default Barb wire fence in Sanibel

We were riding around in sanbiel today and seen some barb wire fence in the interior lots along the roads. Anyone have any idea are there animals out there roaming around that they are wanting to stop?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmajer View Post
Came down to TV last week. Patti and I really fell in love with the location of the Village of Sanibel. It's close to the shopping center, rec. center and not that far (even in a golf cart) to Lake Sumter Landing. We ordered our house which will be on Alwick Way and will be closing on 9/29. I never thought that picking out what you want in your home would be so easy and fun. I'm really impressed with the construction of the homes. We also had the pleasure of meeting two of our new neighbors and I got a couple of quotes on a new golf cart...which is a must!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone in the neighborhood. Jim and Patti
Jim and Patti, Congrats and enjoy your new life in TV!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.