Village of Sanibel

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmajer View Post
Came down to TV last week. Patti and I really fell in love with the location of the Village of Sanibel. It's close to the shopping center, rec. center and not that far (even in a golf cart) to Lake Sumter Landing. We ordered our house which will be on Alwick Way and will be closing on 9/29. I never thought that picking out what you want in your home would be so easy and fun. I'm really impressed with the construction of the homes. We also had the pleasure of meeting two of our new neighbors and I got a couple of quotes on a new golf cart...which is a must!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone in the neighborhood. Jim and Patti
Sounds exciting, Jim and Patti! Congrats!! We are trying to find time to come down and check out the Sanibel area. From all I have heard it is a very nice area.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Veteran member
Default Congratulations to Sanibel Village

I think you have one of the most lively posts even before you started living there. Looks like you'll have a very happy village there. Many are from Illinois. Will this be Illinois South? Are there University of Illinois graduates? '61? We just bought a place in Pennecamp this January and we have a great group too and have a Fishbowl Party once every month. It's called that because we live on streets with fish names. Perhaps one of these months we can have a joint social with our group. We were a new Village only a year ago. Now your Village is new. Welcome
Old 07-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Veteran member

Yorio--great idea about a combined party! We actually have a home in Pennecamp, but will be selling it when we build in Sanibel next Spring or early summer, unless our home in Illinois sells sooner. Both of these Villages are great! Lots of Illinois folks! 2 of 3 of our daughters are U of I grads! I can't wait to move and meet all the friendly people there!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Default Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Several of the new homes that people ordered are in progress. Area is starting to look great. The country club is looking good as is the golf course.Model home center is to open later this month. Your Wilderness is blooming. Welcome to paradise.
Skip you live in Patchogue, I live in Hauppauge....glad to see other Long Ilanders posting....We have a house on Odessa Circle, Tamarind Grove...will be down to stay as soon as we sell our home.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Smile Lot # 1 on Bradford Loop

Hi everyone. We just sold our house here in Orlando and hope to close the morning of Aug. 15. Then it's over to TV to put our deposit down on the new model "The Perfect Lily". Hope to be finished and moved in by Nov. 15. Our rep, Kathy Collins, has been great and we've got most of the preliminary choices made. We're getting 3 pool estimates before we decide who to go with. We met with All Seasons Pools in Lady Lake last week and we're very happy with the design that Stephen came up with. We're going to check out Backyard Aqautics in Mt. Dora next and then finish with T & D the following week. We'll let you know who we decide to go with & why. For any of you sushi lovers. we had lunch at Sakura in the Colony Plaza by Publix and it was great and inexpensive. See you soon.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Veteran member
Smile Ambassador from Pennecamp

skyc6. We can assign you as ambassador from Pennecamp and when you move from here to Sanibel, you can become their ambassador. And one of these days, there can be a joint get together. Cheers!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Veteran member

Sounds great, Yorio! We can work on that together!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy n Ron View Post
Hi everyone. We just sold our house here in Orlando and hope to close the morning of Aug. 15. Then it's over to TV to put our deposit down on the new model "The Perfect Lily". Hope to be finished and moved in by Nov. 15. Our rep, Kathy Collins, has been great and we've got most of the preliminary choices made. We're getting 3 pool estimates before we decide who to go with. We met with All Seasons Pools in Lady Lake last week and we're very happy with the design that Stephen came up with. We're going to check out Backyard Aqautics in Mt. Dora next and then finish with T & D the following week. We'll let you know who we decide to go with & why. For any of you sushi lovers. we had lunch at Sakura in the Colony Plaza by Publix and it was great and inexpensive. See you soon.
You should also try The VKI JAPANESE STEAKHOUSE located at Lake Sumter. It has a lunch special for $10 that can't be beat. Sushi, rice rolls, soup, and salad.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafpoker View Post
We were riding around in sanbiel today and seen some barb wire fence in the interior lots along the roads. Anyone have any idea are there animals out there roaming around that they are wanting to stop?
I heard from a very unreliable source it was the Morse family trying to keep liberals out. I am not sure if they like me either, I'm a moderate.

but you can't take gossip too seriously.....

(Where is the wink smiley???)
Old 07-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Sage

Oh Gracie you kill me!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Sage

Bumping for new "sanibel" people!!!

Please introduce yourself...
Old 08-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Veteran member

Good idea, Angie!!
Old 08-06-2011, 09:28 AM

We purchased Lot 56 (second section) in Sanibel. Our lot backs up to Lot 11 on Bradford Loop. Our settlement date is Sept. 30.

We arrived in TV on Sunday and are renting a patio villa in Buttonwood. Everyday I make a new list of things to do concerning the house. We haven't had a chance to enjoy TV lifestyle yet.

Kathy and Jack

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 08-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Sage

I'm soooo happy for you!!!! You are already there!!! We aren't there yet and I can't wait! I'll have to look you up on the map!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Kathy--Lot #11 is just 5 lots down from me(We are Lot #16 on Bradford Loop), so I can see that you are just a short walk down the street and through the back! We will be delaying the building , possibly until May, or sooner if our house here in Illinois sells. Looking forward to meeting you on one of our next trips down!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.