Village of Sanibel

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteDz View Post
OK... Here's a web link that will be used to maintain a "list"

http://home.comcast.net/~jbenin29/Sanibel_Neighbors.pdf
Thank you so much! How great is that! Good job! Looking forward to meeting everyone -- looks like our closing date will be mid-January rather than December -- bummer.
Helen and Irv
Old 10-12-2011, 07:25 PM

Closing on 11/11 and moving in 11/15. Our house is almost done and looks great. See everyone soon.
Judy & Ron

Last edited by Judy n Ron; 10-12-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Default Just purchased our lot today

We have just purchased a lot in Sanibel today !!!! YEA !!! We still have to sell our home in Pittsburgh,but hope to be full time residents as soon as we can.
Any one out there on the street of Evesborough Path ?
Old 10-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Default What is first on your list?

We are closing in a few days on a pre-built home in Sanibel (Unit 175), and we were wondering what are the first things most homeowners get done after you get the keys?

We have chosen to get the Garage floor epoxied, and attic stairs installed on the second day after closing. The whole process takes 3 days and 2 days of rest before we should put anything on it. Next, we have scheduled the delivery of a Washer/Dryer, and have made arrangements to have the Moving Van deliver our furnishings.

The blinds and shades have been ordered, but they take a couple of weeks, (they will provide paper shades in the interim).

The new Living Room furniture, and Dining room set was also ordered, and they take about 8 weeks. Showcase Direct will be providing a loaner Sofa until our set arrives, and will have it in-place the day before closing.

Now we think we need to get someone for the lawn, landscape, and pest control. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. We are northerners, and do not know much about the types of grass, bushes, trees, or the pests that thrive down here.

We are still waiting to hear from Comcast, since they need to do a "site survey" before we can even order their service.

What else am I missing?

Last edited by Papa; 10-14-2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
OK... Here's a web link that will be used to maintain a "list"

THANKS! and I see you have added us already! I want to add: our ages:
60 and 59. Model Zinnia. Also our son, Patrick, 35, who has cerebral palsy will live with us.
Connie
Old 10-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Platinum member

No rush, but when you have a chance, decide on an A/C company and decide if you want to sign up for their annual program that includes regular maintenance inspections and cleaning.

I picked mine by looking on the BBB web site and picking companies with A+ ratings and no complaints. It really makes a difference how good your company is, because if/when your system fails during the summer, you want someone who will respond quickly and effectively.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 10-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Default Map of Sanibel

Thought others might like a map of Sanibel. (I put it together to show our friends where we have bought a home)

http://home.comcast.net/~jbenin29/Sanibel_Map.pdf
Old 10-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
We are closing in a few days on a pre-built home in Sanibel (Unit 175), and we were wondering what are the first things most homeowners get done after you get the keys?

We have chosen to get the Garage floor epoxied, and attic stairs installed on the second day after closing. The whole process takes 3 days and 2 days of rest before we should put anything on it. Next, we have scheduled the delivery of a Washer/Dryer, and have made arrangements to have the Moving Van deliver our furnishings.

The blinds and shades have been ordered, but they take a couple of weeks, (they will provide paper shades in the interim).

The new Living Room furniture, and Dining room set was also ordered, and they take about 8 weeks. Showcase Direct will be providing a loaner Sofa until our set arrives, and will have it in-place the day before closing.

Now we think we need to get someone for the lawn, landscape, and pest control. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. We are northerners, and do not know much about the types of grass, bushes, trees, or the pests that thrive down here.

We are still waiting to hear from Comcast, since they need to do a "site survey" before we can even order their service.

What else am I missing?
These are some good questions. However, most of us on this thread are new as well and I'm not sure we would have the answers. Would you mind posting this on The Villages Discussion thread so everyone can look at it and answer? I think we could all learn from this.

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
These are some good questions. However, most of us on this thread are new as well and I'm not sure we would have the answers. Would you mind posting this on The Villages Discussion thread so everyone can look at it and answer? I think we could all learn from this.

Thanks!
Good idea... Just posted it in general discussion area as a new thread.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc6 View Post
We have just purchased a lot in Sanibel. Any other new Sanibel folks out there? We still have a home to sell here in Illinois, but hope to be full time residents as soon as we can. We would love to connect with potential neighbors out there!
we are from Illinois and we have a lot in Sanibel too. HOpe your house sells quickly!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:02 PM

We will be moving to Sanibel mid-January -- to Vanilla Leaf Place -- anyone going to be close by?
Helen and Irv
Old 10-19-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Thought others might like a map of Sanibel. (I put it together to show our friends where we have bought a home)

Pete,
Can you send me the map as an attachment in a private message--can't seem to open the link.

Thanks.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:59 AM

Pete,
Please add us to your list of Sanibel neighbors.

Address: 849 Picket Road
Unit: 176
Lot: 148
Brian & Lora Knutson
Closing: December 9
Ages: 62, 61
Model: Iris
Old 10-19-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Pete -- thank you so much for the map -- we seem to be on the western side of Sanibel -- opposite from you -- but I love looking at the map and picturing us there -- can't wait for more Vanilla Leaf Place neighbors to appear!
Helen
Old 10-19-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmom3 View Post
Pete,
Please add us to your list of Sanibel neighbors.

Address: 849 Picket Road
Unit: 176
Lot: 148
Brian & Lora Knutson
Closing: December 9
Ages: 62, 61
Model: Iris
Just updated the list with your info and placed a new map on the web:

Pete

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.