Village of Sanibel

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2011, 10:25 AM

Thanks Helen & Irv

Looking forward to meeting you also. We decided on the Begonia with a Lanai stretch and Den stretch, golf cart garage and the lot turned out to be terrific for us.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenLCSW View Post
Congratulations, Mike! We had a great lot on Silk Tree Terrace and I loved the name of the street but had to move to Vanilla Leaf Place when we discovered that our Gardenia with a bay front would not fit on the lot. We will be just a couple of streets away from you. Looking forward to meeting you --
Helen and Irv
Good luck with your closing. Where will you be living in the meantime?
Old 11-11-2011, 09:46 PM

We will be renting our own home through April 30. Vera will retire as a speech pathologist for the school system in June but I will take up our residence in TV
when Village home is ready. We won't have to move twice. Buyer final inspection on the 14th.

Mike
Old 11-12-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbikowski View Post
We will be renting our own home through April 30. Vera will retire as a speech pathologist for the school system in June but I will take up our residence in TV
when Village home is ready. We won't have to move twice. Buyer final inspection on the 14th.

Mike
Sounds as though you have everything worked out well. We wanted the same arrangement but buyers in Miami don't want the rental arrangement --ours agreed however to delay closing until the closing in TV which worked out even better for us as we lucked out in having no extra expenses. Where are you in Virginia?
Old 11-12-2011, 03:39 PM

Yorktown

Vera is a speech pathologist and would like to continue working in Florida for awhile after retiring from the school system here. Sounds like Sanibel is going to be a great place to live. I hope Brownwood gets completed soon.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:50 PM

By the way we are Lot 80 on Silk Tree Terrace
Old 11-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbikowski View Post
Yorktown

Vera is a speech pathologist and would like to continue working in Florida for awhile after retiring from the school system here. Sounds like Sanibel is going to be a great place to live. I hope Brownwood gets completed soon.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Sage

Hi everyone. I'm Kathy and my husband is Bill. We went to The Villages about 6 weeks ago and bought a lot on Fort Walton Golf Course in Sanibel. I believe our street is Adrianne Way. We love our lot but had to buy a "Premium" lot because we want to build a Gardenia Designer home with stretches to both the garage and lanai. We will also have a pool so we had to purchase a larger lot. I, too am baffled at how few larger lots there are. The lot we got was the only lot available, at the time, to accommodate our larger home. We will be down in March to speck out the home and start building in April with a target move date the second week of June. We really can't wait to make new friends. We are active and are looking forward to "retirement." As far as I know our home will be the last one built in our culdesac. We will see everyone there!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Sage

Hi Pete. Thanks so much for the map of Sanibel! My husband and I have only been to that area once to see our lot and we first thought our lot was in Hemingway but just found out today that we are in Sanibel on Adrienne Way right on the cul de sac! The map was so helpful to us. Now we know where we are going to live...he he!!!

Can't wait to meet our neighbors but we won't start building until April 1, 2012 so we'll see everyone in June! We also don't know much about the setting up of a home in the south, as we live in the North, so any advice will be appreciated as far as moving, where to get furniture and getting the garage apoxied (i know i spelled it wrong) and planting palms in our yard, pest control....any advice step by step would be helpful....Thanks everyone!

Kathy
Old 11-14-2011, 11:45 AM

Welcome Happinow

We are starting to build in December on Silk Tree Terrace and are also excited. Should be available to us in February. we are finally closing on our house in Virginia on Friday the 18th of Nov.

Mike and Vera
Old 11-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Default Purchase lot in October

My wife are building a Lily in Sanibel with a closing date in January. Were probably on the younger side but have enjoyed visiting the Villages for over 15 years.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:36 PM

Good to hear from you Colorado60. Where in Sanibel did you build. My wife and I can't wait to get our house started.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Location: Johnstown, Pa. - Ebensburg, Pa. - Village of Sanibel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado60 View Post
My wife are building a Lily in Sanibel with a closing date in January. Were probably on the younger side but have enjoyed visiting the Villages for over 15 years.
I am 56 and my husband is 61. I was worried about being too young for TV. That is why we are building in a new village (Sanibel). We all worked so hard to get here!!!epper

See ya all at the pool!!!

Donna & Wayne
Old 11-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Location: Johnstown, Pa. - Ebensburg, Pa. - Village of Sanibel
Default Raven Croft Terrace

I see there is a lot of lots are sold on Raven Croft Terrace. I'm looking for my new neighbors? Any out there?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Default Your neighborhood is

GROWING!!!! Wait until you see it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.