Village of Sanibel

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteDz View Post
Did anyone hear whether, or not, the Sanibel Social is being held this Friday at the Captiva Rec Ctr? Last get together, It was indicated that it would take place on the first Friday of every month. Hmmm...
Pete,

I haven't heard about the Sanibel Socials. But....on the last page of the Recreation News (Jan. 26) there is a calendar. It shows a Meet and Greet Potluck at Captiva on February 29, 6pm. It's $1 per person and dish to share.

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 02-01-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyzapp View Post
Pete,

I haven't heard about the Sanibel Socials. But....on the last page of the Recreation News (Jan. 26) there is a calendar. It shows a Meet and Greet Potluck at Captiva on February 29, 6pm. It's $1 per person and dish to share.
Kathy,

That's a different event... But I did mark my calendar for that one also.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Sage

We will be there then!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmpat View Post
Hi Everyone,
We bought a lot on Raven Croft Terrace about a month ago. We hope to sell our house first in NJ and then begin to build in the fall of 2012. We are looking forward in meeting new people. We already met Bruce and Barbara on our Street. We are building an Iris. Pete Dz I like the list of homes you started. Patti and Carmen

We are in the process of building now. So far we have no complaints, everything is going so smoothly. We will close on the 28th of this month. We are also building an iris on 3109raven croft. I have been in touch with zommie and am really looking forward to meeting her in person. We also met Bruce and Barbara. I think it is going to be a good group on raven croft. Hope to meet you sometime soon! Denise and raymond
Old 02-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Location: Johnstown, Pa. - Ebensburg, Pa. - Village of Sanibel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniselmenna View Post

We are in the process of building now. So far we have no complaints, everything is going so smoothly. We will close on the 28th of this month. We are also building an iris on 3109raven croft. I have been in touch with zommie and am really looking forward to meeting her in person. We also met Bruce and Barbara. I think it is going to be a good group on raven croft. Hope to meet you sometime soon! Denise and raymond
I hope you checked out your Facebook page.......more pictures of your house!!!! Can't wait to meet you in person. Wayne and I are taking pickleball 101 on Sat. He got picked up for a softball team and I joined the MVP fitness club. We are going to Pot Luck Dinner at Captiva tomorrow to meet other new neighbors! Hurry down....you're missing all the fun!
Not enough hours in a day!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
We bought a lot on Raven Croft Terrace about a month ago. We hope to sell our house first in NJ and then begin to build in the fall of 2012. We are looking forward in meeting new people. We already met Bruce and Barbara on our Street. We are building an Iris. Pete Dz I like the list of homes you started. Patti and Carmen
Where on Raven Croft Terrace did you buy? We are located right before the cul-de-sac on the same side as Bruce & Barb.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Default Sanibel

We are from Milwaukee, WI and bought a lot in Sanibel on Silk Tree Terrace. We plan on coming down this summer and beginning the building process. We won't be retiring for about 2 years - but will use the house for vacations until we can permanantly move. We sold our home in WI last August and are renting a condo, so we will be ready to go as soon as the pension kicks in!
Old 02-02-2012, 03:41 PM

We just bought in Sanibel (196) -just started building on lot--Peter
Old 02-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Smile Raven Croft

We bought two houses away from Bruce and Barbara on the same side. I think the address is 3123 but I don't know the lot #. We have to sell our home first which is going up for sale in two weeks. We will probably be one of the last folks who will start building our home. My husband picked out the Iris. I am not really crazy about the Iris due to the bathroom set up. I like the Cedar better but the living room area is so tight and right on top of the kitchen. I also like the Begonia too. So as you can see I have not made up my mind on which model to get. I do like the location and the fact that I have the privacy wall behind us. They say location location is the way to go.

Patti & Carmen
Old 02-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Veteran member
Default lots

Any lots left in Sanibel? We're coming in April to buy. Seems that TV does not update their neighborhood maps...
Old 02-02-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie1955 View Post
I hope you checked out your Facebook page.......more pictures of your house!!!! Can't wait to meet you in person. Wayne and I are taking pickleball 101 on Sat. He got picked up for a softball team and I joined the MVP fitness club. We are going to Pot Luck Dinner at Captiva tomorrow to meet other new neighbors! Hurry down....you're missing all the fun!
Not enough hours in a day!!!
donna, im dying to learn pickleball!!!!! you are going to be so far ahead of me by the time i learn. oh well ill probably see you at the fitness club. god knows i need it lol my husband just read your quote to me and he said she is right up your alley but truthfully i think you must have more energy than me and are a lot more fun. now my husband said to tell you i am full of ____. sounds like you're having a good time. smart move!!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
We bought two houses away from Bruce and Barbara on the same side. I think the address is 3123 but I don't know the lot #. We have to sell our home first which is going up for sale in two weeks. We will probably be one of the last folks who will start building our home. My husband picked out the Iris. I am not really crazy about the Iris due to the bathroom set up. I like the Cedar better but the living room area is so tight and right on top of the kitchen. I also like the Begonia too. So as you can see I have not made up my mind on which model to get. I do like the location and the fact that I have the privacy wall behind us. They say location location is the way to go.

Patti & Carmen
hi patti: we are on the same side as bruce and barbara, our house is the iris, the third house down. it will be a shade of green. just for the record i picked everything out with the designer and picked the style of home last. i looked at them all and couldn't make up my mind but in the end i chose the iris. we are keeping our home in rhode island for a couple more years so we had to be careful with price. i have a large home and lots of property here and my thought was to get something smaller, less housework and less to care for. i don't think i will regret our choice. i do agree that the room size of the living space is small. i wish the living area was wider and i wish my lanai was wider but all in all i think i will be happy with what we chose. everyone there tells me you spend very little time in the house. hard for me to believe because here i am home lots. (home because i like being home)
i hope your designer will be as good as ours was. diane helped us and the process was so easy. diane knew what she was doing and was extremely thorough. you are going to be surprised as to how easy and how fast the process is. anyway good luck with sale of your home. in these times you'll probably have more frustration with that then with building. good luck. denise
Old 02-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Smile Hello Denise & Ray

Hi Denise & Ray,

Since you guys are buying the Iris do you happen to know what the size of the windows are in your model in the master bedroom and living room? I am wondering if they are standard? I have lovely cellular honeycomb shades I would like to take with me to The Villages. The windows in my bedrooms all measure 36 X 43 1/2. I had gotten them from J.C. Penney last year custom made. Was Diane your real estate agent? We have Wesley as ours. Wesley told us we would be working with someone as the Design Center but then again I heard that from other folks it would be Wesley. I think that has changed along the way. We are from NJ and I have lived here all my life. The taxes are so high. Our friends just closed on their house in December and shortly after that we arrived. We are so excited and I pray this house sells quickly. A similar model down our street took 8 months to sell so I am hoping ours won't take that long. I have it priced according to the market.

As everyone has mentioned you won't be spending all your time living in the house but outside doing all types of activities.

Take care. Patti
Old 02-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Smile Sannibel

I think there are allot of lots left over in Sannibel. You should check with your real estate agent. Good Luck
Old 02-04-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Menna View Post
donna, im dying to learn pickleball!!!!! you are going to be so far ahead of me by the time i learn. oh well ill probably see you at the fitness club. god knows i need it lol my husband just read your quote to me and he said she is right up your alley but truthfully i think you must have more energy than me and are a lot more fun. now my husband said to tell you i am full of ____. sounds like you're having a good time. smart move!!
Wait until you get here!!!! Not enough hours in a day!!!! Tell Ray, you will fit in just fine!!!!! We only been here a month and love it!!!
I hope you are enjoying the pictures of your house!!!!
More to come, check out your FB page!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.