Village of Sanibel

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJohn View Post
We're building a Lily, stretched everywhere we can, on Fenwick Loop. Construction has started and we settle on January 10th.
Wouldn't it be nice if they offered these homes with the extra space where it counts (garage, lanai) without having to stretch them? I suppose they don't because they make more money by adding the stretches as extras....geez.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Location: Currently in New Freedom PA. 2012, A Village of Sanibel resident
Smile

I agree. If you have the space on the lot, you should be allowed to go as big as you would like, and afford.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:18 PM

Hey Happinow- We see you are from upstate NY! Just wondering where? We will be closing on our Lantana on Beville Place on Dec. 12th.- So excited that we are moving here from Saratoga,NY. We went back for a visit over Thanksgiving and it snowed once again-this is something we will NOT miss at all-Hope to meet you in the sunshine at the pool very soon!
Old 12-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmcd View Post
Hey Happinow- We see you are from upstate NY! Just wondering where? We will be closing on our Lantana on Beville Place on Dec. 12th.- So excited that we are moving here from Saratoga,NY. We went back for a visit over Thanksgiving and it snowed once again-this is something we will NOT miss at all-Hope to meet you in the sunshine at the pool very soon!
Hi. We are from queensbury, just north of you! We too are sick of snow and taxes, but will miss Saratoga and beautiful lake George. Family dill still be here so we will be coming back to visit periodically. We bought a lot in Sanibel. You will be moving just in time to miss all of the snow. We have one more winter. Hope to catch up with you in June!

Last edited by Happinow; 12-02-2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Add sentence
Old 12-03-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Just wondered what home others have built and what attracted you to that home? If you have already moved in, what did you change once you were in? It's fun to see what everyone else likes and dislikes.
Hi happi! Close on our Gardenia at wend of cul-de-sac - Alee Lane - first Sanibellians! It was back & forth between Lily & Gardenia for 3 yrs while we decided. Love the front BR in Lily but didn't like the sofa backing up to kitchen counter as that is how the furniture is usually placed. Like split floor plan on Gardenia and LOVE it now that it is pretty well done. We stretched all over the place. Lanai, garage, front BR, side of house....our lot allowed for pretty much anything. We're from cold CT so we can sympathize w/all you NY upstaters!
We LOVE it here! :MOJE_whot :
Peg & Bob
Old 12-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Sage

So glad you are happy with your gardenia and TV! We are not 100percent on the gardenia but certainly leaning towards it. We have decided not to use the dining room and make a sitting area with a fireplace instead. The bar area and breakfast area will be plenty for us! Good luck with everything.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Location: Currently in New Freedom PA. 2012, A Village of Sanibel resident

We also considered the Gardenia, but opted for the Lily.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:04 AM

Wife and I will be closing February 7 on our Begonia on Silk Tree Terrace. Don't have to tell you that last week was busy with picking everything. Made sure I purchased my golf cart for delivery on the 8th by Carts and Clubs. Did not want to leave on Saturday. Needless to say we are excited.

Mike
Old 12-04-2011, 09:56 PM

Just wondering how long we should plan to work with the design center? We will be down in April to do our selections and are building on Rain Lily Loop. Is this process an all day type of thing, couple of hours, all week?
Also wondering what hotels are good to stay at? We have stayed at The Waterfront Inn, but wondering if there is somewhere else we should try?
Old 12-05-2011, 07:39 AM

Kathy
We allocated three days but actually spent two days with designer. We knew what we wanted in the house so it was just a matter of what we wanted to upgrade. We stretched the lanai 4 feet 4" the front den on the begonia 3 feet to accommodate the closet. The designer we had was wonderful and patient and really helps with the many choices. She made a daunting task seem pleasant
Old 12-05-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie1955 View Post
We are building a Begonia with a stretch lanai. When will you be in again after 12/16? How long will you be there? We will be back up on the 20th of Dec. We try to come up every two weeks. When are they going to start your house? When they do, I will take pictures for you if you want.
When we were there on the 22th of Nov., TV started a house on the left of us.:
MOJE_whot:
No plans yet after dec 16th. We will be there 16th thru 20th. I will let you know how all goes after we meet with designer. It's funny we met friends last fri nite at our local hangout and my husband was so excited the gang was making fun of him. They told me he was a walking advertisement for the villages. I,m pretty sure our salesman, bob knorr, told us we wouldn't be able to add on because of lot size. It seems everything I read tells me to add on to lanai. Again we will have two homes for a few years so we may have to keep things to a minimum. Oh well. Pics all be nice
Old 12-05-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillCongo View Post
We bought Sanibel Lot 40 in late June. Can't wait to get started building, but job obligations in Texas probably mean not until late spring of 2012. Will be a great neighborhood with great neighbors.
My name is Denise. My husband and i have a deposit on lot 41 on raven croft terrace. We will be meeting with designer on the 16th of dec to finalize things. My husband, though, still works and plans to do so for 19 more months so we will be part timers at first. Good luck with your new adventure! Looking forward to meeting you!
Old 12-05-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
We've put a hold on Lot #116 in Unit 177 in Sanibel - We're so excited!!!! Now if that "one person" would just fall in love with our house in NC, we can move forward. Did I mention that we're so excited!!!!!
Know the feeling. We put a deposit down on land on raven croft terrace in Sanibel and are very excited with process. Good luck hope t see you soon!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyW View Post
We also purchased in Section 177 (Lot #93 on Rain Lily Loop) -- same Section as mbikowski and billds567. This is the third Sanibel section (it opened July 15). We plan to wait the full year before we build!
We also purchased a property on Rain Lily Loop, Lot 180, left corner lot at the top of the loop. We have a buyer for our house here in VA and if all goes well will settle Jan. 31. We will be renting for a couple of months until our home, Lily, is constructed. Hubby and I are excited to have a new home, meet new folks and share a new lifestyle!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:52 PM

Welcome JCandJohn
Vera and I are from Yorktown Va and will be closing on Silk Tree Lane lot 80 on Feb 7..
Looks like it will be a great area for newbies like us
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.