Village of Sanibel

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Default sanibel at the villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyc6 View Post
We have just purchased a lot in Sanibel. Any other new Sanibel folks out there? We still have a home to sell here in Illinois, but hope to be full time residents as soon as we can. We would love to connect with potential neighbors out there!

hi there the person we were working with wanted us to purchase a lot in Sanibel, but we were NOT ready: husband and myself were down there
and absolutely loved it, going back in October, rented a home for a month,
want to make sure we REALLY love it at the villages. Are u going there to rent before u 'r house is sold.

been reading and research with reference to the villages. I understand there are hidden fees, so i am concerned with that. What model are u having built.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Sage

Thanks!!! We'll take you up on that!
Old 06-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Sage
Default Hi From N.W. Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
*waving* Hi!!! We are on lot 26 on Evinston Court. Bradford Loop is a BIG street!!!! BTW... We live in Channahon, IL and the houses in this part of Illinois are starting to sell again!!!
Hello AngieFox from a TV wannabee in the N.W. suburbs about 12 miles west of O'Hare. Is Channahon near Joliet? Congratulations on your purchase in Sanibel - you and your husband are lucky!
Old 06-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Sage

Yes... Yes it is... 12 miles south of Joliet.

We won't get there until Spring of next year.

We spent many years traveling Florida to find the perfect place to retire. While we were told about The Villages, we thought we wanted to be on a beach and didn't get the concept of The Villages. One year while we were in Orlando looking in the middle of the state, we decided to check it out and see what all the fuss was about. All we had to do was drive into Spanish Springs. See the people walking around hand in hand, eating at the sidewalk cafes window shopping to KNOW this was THE PLACE!!!

I refused to go back until we were ready to buy as I was afraid I would end up with two homes to maintain. Well.... We are ready now!!! We won't be able to pull the plug and start this thing until December... BUT... Watch out when we are!!!

Can't wait!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villadrive View Post
hi there the person we were working with wanted us to purchase a lot in Sanibel, but we were NOT ready: husband and myself were down there
and absolutely loved it, going back in October, rented a home for a month,
want to make sure we REALLY love it at the villages. Are u going there to rent before u 'r house is sold.

been reading and research with reference to the villages. I understand there are hidden fees, so i am concerned with that. What model are u having built.
Hi villadrive, We came two times for short visits and wanted to truly experience the lifestyle so rented for March, 2011. Bought a lot in Sanibel via telephone on May 3rd, house on the market May 11th, sold June 3rd and we will be there to watch construction of our home (a Gardenia - most likely) begin in Oct! Needless to say, we loved the lifestyle! Not sure about "hidden fees". Are you referring to the bond and CDD payment? The homes are pretty straight forward - no negotiating on new builds. We are happy, happy campers and can't wait for Oct!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Veteran member

Hi, All!
Angie--your lot 26 on Evinston is pretty close to ours. We are lot 16 on Bradford Loop, so it looks like 1 yard inbetween. We are leaving in the morning, and I am anxious to get there!
Schaumburger--seems there are a lot of Illinois people moving to Sanibel! We are in Rockford now trying to sell here.
Villadrive--No, we already own a home at the villages and will sell that one to move to Sanibel. We just wanted a little more room when we are permanently there.
It will be fun to meet everyone soon. Until then, I guess we will be online buddies!
Old 06-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default WoW

If your this friendly online just wait until you get here. Welcome to paradise and get ready for the time of your life. Things are reay looking up over there.
Maybe Sanibel will become the new party town!!
Old 06-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hi, All!
Angie--your lot 26 on Evinston is pretty close to ours. We are lot 16 on Bradford Loop, so it looks like 1 yard inbetween. We are leaving in the morning, and I am anxious to get there!
Schaumburger--seems there are a lot of Illinois people moving to Sanibel! We are in Rockford now trying to sell here.
Villadrive--No, we already own a home at the villages and will sell that one to move to Sanibel. We just wanted a little more room when we are permanently there.
It will be fun to meet everyone soon. Until then, I guess we will be online buddies!
No kidding!!! We are close!!! Lucky you!!! We will be there as soon as we can get there!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hi, All!
Skyc6, Rockford is a hop, skip and jump from Schaumburg on 90 going west. I drive past Rockford on the "way to my dad's home in Iowa.

Angie and Skyc6, someday I know you will miss your snow shovels and ice scrapers - not. It will be a few years until I can buy in TV, so you will have to break it in for me. Don't use all of the Florida sunshine before I can move to TV.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Skyc6, Rockford is a hop, skip and jump from Schaumburg on 90 going west. I drive past Rockford on the "way to my dad's home in Iowa.

Angie and Skyc6, someday I know you will miss your snow shovels and ice scrapers - not. It will be a few years until I can buy in TV, so you will have to break it in for me. Don't use all of the Florida sunshine before I can move to TV.
AND... I used to go to Schaumburg to work events when I was in marketing for my company!!! I stayed at the Marriott and would have my breakfast at the Panera! I LOVE Schaumburg. As to the snow.... It's killing me that I have to go through another winter here as it is!!!

I LOVE it here in the summertime.... it's the winters that kill me!

When will you be in The Villages?
Old 06-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Sage

Just FYI: There are no 'hidden' fees. All your obligations are fully explained, just read your documents before signing.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Default Sanibel IL club

We drove up to Schaumburg many times just to go the Sweet Tomatoes. I'm Angie's hubby. Looking forward to meeting all the folks in Sanibel but it sounds like we need to start a Sanibel IL club. I say we meet the first Wednesday of every month and take turns picking a place to eat. We will be there for the April 2012 outing.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Veteran member

Oren, I agree that an Sanibel/Illinois club is in order! I sent Angie a FB message. Looking forward to meeting!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Sage

angiefox10, I drove by Channahon Saturday evening on I-55, going from Champaign to Al's Steak House in Joliet... 45 year reunion for Seneca High School class of '66.

We're building in Tamarind Grove.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
AND... I used to go to Schaumburg to work events when I was in marketing for my company!!! I stayed at the Marriott and would have my breakfast at the Panera! I LOVE Schaumburg. As to the snow.... It's killing me that I have to go through another winter here as it is!!!

I LOVE it here in the summertime.... it's the winters that kill me!

When will you be in The Villages?
The Marriott and the Panera near Woodfield Mall? Been to both, the Panera Bread many times. I will be renting in TV next month for 8 days. When will I be there for good...I'm a younger TV wannabee, so TV will likely be close to build out before I can relocate from IL. Unless I win the lottery that is. I will have to be content with visiting TV a couple of times a year for now. Keeping my fingers crossed I can visit again in October.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.