Minimum age requirement

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Default Minimum age requirement

My husband and I will both be turning 50 this year, and would like to start our retirement early in TV, is this allowable?
Old 01-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandida5 View Post
My husband and I will both be turning 50 this year, and would like to start our retirement early in TV, is this allowable?
No problem as long as you don't have kids under the age of 19 living with you. You might want to be certain to buy in a new area as some of the established neighborhoods are full of us old folks that might bore you to death!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:03 PM

Thanks Wendy! Actually, I wouldn't be bored...I love "older folks"! You can never have enough in your life, your wisdom inspires me!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Sage
Smile

The first thing I was asked by my sales person was "Are you 55". This was quite awhile ago. Call the sales office for accurate information.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Come on Down

I live in Buttonwood (a new area) and there are under 55 YO couples here. Florida state law says that with the zoning they have chosen for TV they cannot exclude underage couples until there are 20% of the homes sold to them. At that point they can.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

The Villages is required to insure that sells of homes are at least 80% over 55; that is how they maintain the "retirement" tag. They keep pretty good track and your rep can help you through it. The numbers, being what they are, in most cases create no problem for folks like yourself.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:30 PM

I'm 41 and own a house in Pennecamp that I bought for a future retirement home. I had no issues with the purchase and head down for about 4 weeks out of the year. I have a retired relative living in the house currently.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
bandida5, Welcome to TOTV I'm 51, single, no kids, one cat. I've visited The Villages 3 times since 2010 -- rented twice. I've been to several open houses during the times I've rented, and I asked about buying under age 55. Most real estate agents (both Villages agents and MLS agents) say that other than having to complete some paperwork about acknowledging that no kids under 19 will be living in the home on a permanent basis, there is not a problem with buying in TV under the age of 55.

Good luck and keep reading TOTV -- it is a great source of information about buying and living in The Villages.

Last edited by Schaumburger; 01-25-2012 at 11:36 PM. Reason: typos
Old 01-26-2012, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
No problem as long as you don't have kids under the age of 19 living with you. You might want to be certain to buy in a new area as some of the established neighborhoods are full of us old folks that might bore you to death!
What kind of retirement is this? Over 55 under 55 under 19 over 19 ...sounds stupid!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:22 AM
Default Newbies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
I can attest to not being bored and we are under 57 and live in Hacienda South, an established neighborhood. The neighbors/friends are awesome, and we recognize that we are the first of many new baby boomers who will be continuing The Village culture that makes living here so great. It's like having dozens of parents who enjoy sharing their stories and expertise with you.

We looked at the newer Villages in the south and they are very nice and the people living there are great. But, we took the tour found out what we wanted (based upon the available models) and used the bond money (we did not have to pay) to upgrade the previous owned home we purchased at a great price. The result a completely updated designer home in a great neighborhood. Win Win! Take your time choosing and keep an open mind, because regardless of where you choose to live, you will love living here at The Villages! Good Luck!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Thanks Wendy! Actually, I wouldn't be bored...I love "older folks"! You can never have enough in your life, your wisdom inspires me!
Bandida. Welcome to the forum.

Most of us think of ourselves as the "fun crowd" and we have the ability to see the 16 year old that lives in each of us. You will love it here.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:12 PM

actually it is NOT....you can be under 55....BUT have NO kids living with you...nice and simple !!!!! i know people their 40's...they love it here ..sooo much to do....
Old 02-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie01 View Post
actually it is NOT....you can be under 55....BUT have NO kids living with you...nice and simple !!!!! i know people their 40's...they love it here ..sooo much to do....
Actually kids 19+.
Not sure what post you were referencing...................
Old 03-06-2014, 12:42 AM

We are in our 50's and we didn't have an issue. I absolutely love it here and the people are awesome. Wishing you the best.

The greatest contribution to the kingdom of God may not be something you do but someone you raise.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Original post is 2 years old.............they may have moved away by now!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.