Village Sewage Treatment Plants Stinks

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I toured the water plant off of Buena Vista> its an amazing operation It not only purifies sewer waste it has a byproduct of fertilizer that is sold
Milwaukee is known for beer, sausage, sauerkraut and its famous after-product, Milorganite. It's a dry fertlizer sold around the country, including Home Depot in The VIllages. It is a favorite of golf courses because it is natural and relatively slow acting. I've smelled it being used on our courses. It has a distintive oder immediately after application but rapidly dissipates.
I guess the motto of Milwaukee Seweage Commission is; "What goes around, comes around."
Old 03-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
Looking back on this and similar posts, no one on TOTV has been able to provide a map (or a link to a map) of water/sewer treatment facilities in TV. Is this a secret that only the TV salespeople have the answer to? Please, can someone post some concrete info and a map - thank you.

p.s. please note that I am not debating over whether a certain area stinks or not. I just want a map.
Look on Page 16 of this PDF file.
http://wildwood-fl.gov/vertical/Site...2010-2011).pdf
Old 03-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 9922 View Post
Milwaukee is known for beer, sausage, sauerkraut and its famous after-product, Milorganite. It's a dry fertlizer sold around the country, including Home Depot in The VIllages. It is a favorite of golf courses because it is natural and relatively slow acting. I've smelled it being used on our courses. It has a distintive oder immediately after application but rapidly dissipates.
I guess the motto of Milwaukee Seweage Commission is; "What goes around, comes around."
The National Zoo in Washington DC had it's own brand of natural fertilizer sold under the name of " Zoo Doo".
Old 03-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Yes! Thank you! Several maps in there are very useful - show all kinds of things. I will definitely save this link! Thanks again.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 03-06-2014, 03:17 PM

When we looked and bought here in 2005, we were told, by residents, that the sewage smell is especially bad in the Liberty Park area, as the treatment plant is near the firehouse in that area. Of course, a windy day will blow it in a particular direction, as well. We stopped and asked the firemen if they smelled it, and they said, "oh, yes"! It's all about location, location, location!
Old 03-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Sage
Why was this treatment facility ever placed in that location, in the middle of a residential area right next to a golf course? As was stated previously, the sewage treatment plants north of 466 are on the perimeter, next to RV parking facilities. This one should have been built somewhere out of sight and smell, on the outskirts.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

When I play Bogart, there are days when I feel sorry for the folks that paid extra for a golf course property and have to put up with the smell. On some days it can be quite strong and on other days not noticeable at all.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.