Village of Southern Oaks

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2017, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Won't be too long and those above 466A will be the Historic Side and above 466 an archaelogy dig

I guess I will morph into a caveman.

No relation to Zcaveman.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-16-2017, 08:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I look at it this way. There is lots of property. If not the Villages, someone else would buy it and develop it.
I would rather the Villages develop it than someone who could care less about the Villages. At least we know what we are getting if the Villages does it & it will be beautiful !!
Ya gotta love what they do!!
I would rather the Morse family develop this project as they sure aren't going broke anytime soon.

The designer homes in Fenney were absolutely beautiful!

I always say, "you gotta love it here"!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-16-2017, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Why is it necessary that the new villages to the south be connected to the exisitng villages to the north? Maybe the Morse's have come to the conclusion that when the Lake County addition is complete, The Villages as we know it, is done.

The new areas will be the future, a self contained development with their own squares, fire stations, golf courses and govenment, they'll be totally separated from us. Can you imagine driving down the turnpike and looking to your left and right seeing all these new homes and golf courses and saying, I wonder what that place is. Then a billboard pops up, 'you are now entering 'The Villages, the World's Largest Retirement Community - Have a Safe Trip".
Old 03-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Won't be too long and those above 466A will be the Historic Side and above 466 an archaelogy dig
Wonder what you think the original development across 27/441 would be called.........................

Old 03-16-2017, 11:09 AM

I remember seeing the VMail introducing Belle Glade and the host saying "the 12th and final Championship Course"

Vmail - Belle Glade Golf Course - YouTube
Old 03-16-2017, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
is anyone besides me concerned that when we bought our homes we were told that the build out would be complete in 3-4 years (that was eight years ago!) and then our property values would shoot up...Instead of that false advertising, we are now faced with the prospect of more homes out there than there will be baby boomers to require them in a few years and selling our homes will be more difficult as we are limited to a market of seniors. i hope homeowners will think about this and show up at those commission meetings to voice our displeasure. there IS such a things as "too much of a good thing"!
False advertising? I never saw that in print......maybe a salesperson yacking!
Old 03-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by circletrack View Post
This will probably get lost amongst all the speculation, but the Online News has backed off from their "20,000 more homes" and has replaced it with a new article stating that this whole thing is still 14,000 including Fenney. Just as previously announced weeks ago.

No mention of their incorrect math from before.
They hype everything..........
Old 03-16-2017, 03:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Above 466 would become the prehistoric district.

Tags
news, property, villages, route, 20, 000

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.