Standing Water Between Villas

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Default Standing Water Between Villas

I have a problem with standing water between my courtyard villa and my neighbors. There is a drain in the far back area of the yard but the landscaping prevents the water from draining. Other than removing the landscaping (stones, bushes, etc) is there a company that you would recommend to install a french drain or some other such thing. My house is out of warrenty. Thank you.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,302 Times in 2,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkohio View Post
I have a problem with standing water between my courtyard villa and my neighbors. There is a drain in the far back area of the yard but the landscaping prevents the water from draining. Other than removing the landscaping (stones, bushes, etc) is there a company that you would recommend to install a french drain or some other such thing. My house is out of warrenty. Thank you.
I would still call home warranty. The warranty may be expired on the villa, but the drainage between the villas is not. Was it a poor design? Give them a chance to fix their problem.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Platinum member

Are the "stones and landscaping" interfering with the flow of water? Were they added after market? If so, I don't believe it is the property owner's problem unless they were the perpetrator. Talk to the The Villages administration and or Sumter County administration.

Drainage was very carefully engineered to assure proper runoff. Any interference with the runoff must be corrected.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

warranty recentlly fixed a drainage issue for a neighbor even though his house was out of warranty. He told them the land was never properly graded for drainage and apparently won his dispute!

They put in a french drain for no charge. If they won't do yours for free, at least they can tell you who they use.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.