Village vs Village

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2011, 02:06 PM

We bought a new manufactured home in Orange Blossom Gardens. It takes us 5 minutes by cart or bicycle to get to Spanish Springs. Very convenient for shopping and restaurants.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Sage

As we would be snowbirds for several years, we were looking for a two-bedroom, turnkey. Preferred north side for the mature landscaping, houses further apart and proximity to our favorite championship courses. Preferred an east-facing lanai to avoid afternoon sun. Found just what we were looking for in Springdale.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

Hemingway,
we bought new and that's where they were building.
Neighbors are the best, everyone's friendly and watches out for each other.
I also think it's in the center of TV, love using Canal St.

I'd bet everyone likes theirs best!.. John
Old 06-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default hi ajdeck

wish they did, when they were building the wide sidewalk, all of us were "Hoping and Praying", BUT, not so.....We go by Delmar to Rio Grande to Morse to LSL, really not a bad ride!...

BTW We also have a couple of golf ranges real close if you are a golfer, one for street legals, and the Lions range has a trail from Valla Verde (sp?) for all other carts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdeck View Post
Does 466 have a cart path you use to get to LSL?

aj
Old 06-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
Hemingway,
I also think it's in the center of TV, love using Canal St.

John
John, Hemingway is not in the center of TV. It's off Morse on your right just before you reach 466a. We directly adjacent on the left side in Hadley. You are at the southern most end of TV... up until the recent start in developing south of 466a. Not all that far away from LSL though and will be closer to the new Brownwood Paddack Square (once built) than most residents of TV!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 PM

The bottom line is everybody has a budget they must live by.The Villages encompass every price range from under $100,000 to over $1,000,000.Figure out what you can afford and go for it, the lifestyle cannot be duplicated anywhere in the U.S.A.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Platinum member

I like Amelia for convenience - about 2 miles - 7 minutes by cart to Colony with Publix and bank and likely major expansion with the growth south of 466a. Also about 2 miles to LSL - the square, Sweet Bay etc. Also we have hills with a beautiful view as you enter the village.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

we are also snowbirds who bought on the historic side because of the lot size and landscaping; BUT MOST OF ALL for the calm nature of the area. we have no main arteries within the enclave so we have no traffic! the home we bought fit in with our real estate purchase plan and it is just around the corner from the adult pool with hot tub and late hours.

the homes on the historic side give us a sense of the neighborhoods where we were raised and live up north...as similar as the buildings are they all seem different because of the personalization that has occured over the years. we find that negotiating the golf cart bridge is no worse or better than negotiating the morse blvd bridge to get to lake sumter landing...and it is soooooo very convenient to shopping, restaurants and ss town square!

must say, however, that we don't think there is a bad village in the villages! we have friends and acquaintences in many of them and enjoy travelling among them. and even as "visitors" to their homes, we have met our friends neighbors and have almost as much fun with them as with our friends and our historic side neighbors.

oh, and may i add that the geographic size of the historic side makes weekend yardsailing there a breeze!...best done in the golf cart with a later on return to any home where car size items were purchased!

Old 06-23-2011, 10:05 PM

How many Villages on the historic north side are mobile home parks?
Old 06-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
It began as a mobile home park 40 years ago. But now there are many lovely site-built homes interspersed with the mobile homes. My friends just bought a brand-new double-wide mobile home in Historic with a fabulous lot on a lake. Very good value there!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
there are 3 villages: silver lake, orange blossom gardens and country club hills; not much looks like a mobile home any longer - manufactured, modular and site built pretty much reign there now.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

We picked Summerhill because it is the most convenient to every store we want to be near. Also, there is only one way in and one way out by car.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Default Travel time by cart

Mike/Nancy,

To the stores and rec area's by cart, how long would it take for you to get there, 5-10-15 minutes ?

Thanks
Northstar
Old 06-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
Mike/Nancy,

To the stores and rec area's by cart, how long would it take for you to get there, 5-10-15 minutes ?

Thanks
Northstar
Just FYI NorthStar - There are rec centers everywhere in TV. Summerhill is very close to the restaurants and stores on 466. 5 min or so.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

If you want new, you build in the village that is being built. ...for the most part. At this time it is Sanibel and Tamarind Grove and St. James, but there are still lots in Buttonwood and Pennecamp and St. Charles.

If you want a resale than you have a much broader choice. AND people have improved almost every resale so you get a little more bang for your buck.

There aren't groups of say...Ohioans or New Yorkers living all in one area..and there are not older or younger people living in one area... and the prices for the same model with the same view or lack of it are about the same all over TV...new or used.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.