Village Welcome to Explain Water?

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
This was our experience as well - bought a resale......no calls. We did get a few solicitations mailed to us, though - can't remember what they were for.

Bill
Didn't think about the mail solicitations. That's probably because they have a closer relationship with the trash can than with us!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 06-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Didn't think about the mail solicitations. That's probably because they have a closer relationship with the trash can than with us!
99% of the ones I receive don't even get opened. But if you're interested in aggravating them, if there is a post paid return envelope, send it back empty.

They only pay for the postage on the envelopes that are actually mailed. I know, it's only a few cents, but if millions of people did this some of these companies might think about being more selective about who they send this stuff to.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Default Take the gift card and run

One of them offers a $ 25 gift card for a national restaurant group. Listen to the spiel for a short time, get the card,and go have a nice lunch on them.

Got a Sears hybrid softener/filter installed < $ 1000 with extended warranty and it works great. Don't pay $ 1000's.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
As we are moving in, a woman arrived who said she was with the Villages Welcoming Committee. She said she wanted to give a demonstration on the water... I basically begged off since we were dealing with the chaos. Does anyone know what she is going to explain about the water and why does the Villages have a welcoming person talking about the water?
I was under the same attack. I had some lady show up at my door with a 2ft around basket, loaded with what looked like Cracker Jack toys and travel brochures. I tried not to be rude but asked her to leave. Made me mad that they get all up in your face with everything. Guess its just the way things are these days. Just remember to say NO THANKS. You will figure out what you need all by yourself. I was welcomed by my neighbors and they did'nt try to sell me a thing.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Veteran member

It happens on a pre owned home too. It happened to us as I posted before.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I already installed what I need. What I am furious about is for this woman to represent herself as a free service that THE Villages Welcoming Committee offers. I was just being nice because she was a TV representative. I can tell you that that woman is going to have about 12 seconds with me when she returns all of which to would be labeled inappropriate on this site.
Can you contact someone in TV about this scam.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Sage

We'll see after she returns.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Sage

There actually is a welcome wagon that came to our house about 6 months after we moved in in 2008. She brought us a big stack of material about the Villages and some very useful coupons. She was not there selling anything.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:35 PM

My experience with "The Villages Welcome Wagon" - two days after our closing I received a call from "the welcome wagon" - she wanted to stop by with goodies and coupons and to test our water (that should have been the first clue). Anyway, I made the appointment, she showed up but my husband wasn't home - he had to run to the hardware store - she said my husband had to be there, didn't even test the water and I didn't even get one coupon. Don't trust ANYONE that wants to test your water! And, there is no welcome wagon!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-4 Skyhawk View Post
Our sales rep told us that before we could get the key in the door there would be a half dozen water treatment people runnung up the driveway. We snuck in at night. The next afternoon there were 3 business cards stuck in the door. The must have an insider at the key office.
I think they get your phone number only if you have a land line. We've moved twice in the past 2 years and both times, we have had the calls. We did get a water softener, but not from any of the people that called. We didn't even have any of the callers come by.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 06-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
As we are moving in, a woman arrived who said she was with the Villages Welcoming Committee. She said she wanted to give a demonstration on the water... I basically begged off since we were dealing with the chaos. Does anyone know what she is going to explain about the water and why does the Villages have a welcoming person talking about the water?
Give these people the time of day and you've given them way too much. This is a business trying to represent itself as something else. Would you intentionally let any other type of vermin into your house?
Old 06-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Veteran member

I'm new to all of this. How do they get passes to get by the gates? Or do they live amoungst us?
Old 06-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
I'm new to all of this. How do they get passes to get by the gates? Or do they live amoungst us?
Um A-4, you don't need passes to get by the gates. All you have to do is push the little red button.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Um A-4, you don't need passes to get by the gates. All you have to do is push the little red button.
Oh . . . . I see. I'll sleep better at night after finding that out. Ummm is right.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Oh . . . . I see. I'll sleep better at night after finding that out. Ummm is right.
It is still one of the safest places in the country. Not a bit different from the area in Ohio that I came from. Sleep well.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.