Villager arrested Saturday for attempted murder

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2011, 07:17 PM

Domestic violence happens in every socio-economic class, to all ages and yes, even in TV. It is too often the dirty little secret that destroys live. If you know someone who has frequent bruises or seems to be "accident prone" think about asking them a simple question "do you feel safe at home?" Sometimes just showing you care gives a person the strength to ask for help.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Do not think "High cost of medical treatment and insurance" has anything to do with this situation. Not sure how you came up with that idea. I think it is sad.
Getting arrested in order to go to jail to get medical treatment is pretty common. Happens all the time...just like arrests increase when weather gets colder. Lots of dine and dashes occur when the temperature starts dropping. I did not come up with this idea....it is a fact...I monitored several wards in a large county jail for awhile..l
Old 11-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenLCSW View Post
My observation about there being a mental/psychological issue is not a wild conclusion -- I am a psychotherapist and this is not an unusual situation--unfortunately.
Helen is right...people in pain do some pretty odd things
Old 11-08-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenLCSW View Post
My observation about there being a mental/psychological issue is not a wild conclusion -- I am a psychotherapist and this is not an unusual situation--unfortunately.
Every day in all of our lives is a challenge. I do not like to put labels on people. That is how the so-called doctors make their money.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
This lady needs some support, if anyone knows her, please help her. If they, like so many of us, left friends and family to move to TV, she may really be alone right now. So many women feel guilty and responsible "I made him do that...I should have just been quiet...changed the channel...cooked better....etc, etc...because of this, they avoid other people because they fee ashamed. She needs friends, if I were there I would try to seek her out and offer some comfort. I hope someone does. If by any chance she reads this forum, she needs to know that this was not taken lightly, it had to be a horrible experience for her and we all care.
Trish with an attitude like that TV will be a better place when you get there.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:51 PM

One of the Orlando media's are reporting that the rage was fueled by an argument over golf fee's. He also confessed to police that he was upset with his wife for quiting one of her three jobs.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X View Post
Now Gracie, you do realize that you just totally ruined hundreds of lives living here who believe that nothing ever bad happens in paradise. jeez...
Not to open a BIG can of worms but if you'll check the website for registered sex offenders, there are quiet a few amongst us in Paradise!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyclubb View Post
tippyclub, I agree with you. Trish, thank you for this post. Sad situation. Hopefully this woman will get the support she needs. This may have been going on for years.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvmyPug2 View Post
Domestic violence happens in every socio-economic class, to all ages and yes, even in TV. It is too often the dirty little secret that destroys live. If you know someone who has frequent bruises or seems to be "accident prone" think about asking them a simple question "do you feel safe at home?" Sometimes just showing you care gives a person the strength to ask for help.
Excellent post. Thank you for posting this.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyclubb View Post
Thanks Diane. When are we getting together again?
Old 11-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Gold member

There will free kool-aid at both squares at 7pm for those who need a fix - I had my fix yesterday
The story in the sun was just a misprint
Old 11-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Default Post #36 reminds me that maybe WE contributed.

Remember the conversation about the fellow who plays golf and works two jobs and his wife works three? Maybe it's this couple. I think the thread is
still here under "Two expensive to live here", just a thought.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Gold member

I do not think getting arrested is very common to get medical threatment. Poor people yes- People living in the villages no.I think if they can afford to live here they are not planning out with what you stated.I have seen many people arrested most in the winter to get out of the cold.Not- for medical treatment. There are plenty of free clinics around.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:31 AM

OMG... this man approached me when I was sitting in my car in front of the Sleep Lab office building waiting for my husband about a month ago. He was clean cut well dressed, seemed sincere and polite... handed me his business card... "A Helping Hand" with contact info and the scripture verse John 3:16 at the bottom of the card!! He came across with a very positive trusting impression. Someone in this discussion mentioned the sex offenders here... 7yrs ago we had been here about a month, was at walmart on 441 and a guy stopped beside me in the store on a handicap scooter and made a slightly "playful" comment about the artificial ficus trees in my basket. A week later his picture was in the paper as a sex offender!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Veteran member

Law enforcement source said his blood alcohol level was .214, taken over an hour after the incident. The legal limit for DUI is .08, so he was 2.5 times the legal limit to operate a motor vehicle, certainly his senses were impaired.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.