HAPPY 4th OF JULY

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2022, 07:04 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default HAPPY 4th OF JULY

56yrs ago on the 4th of July 1966. Investment Painting Contractors was born, at my table in suburban Detroit. I had my first big contract and needed the money to finish college. I took a semester off and when I wasn't enrolled by August, I was in the Army by September, 30th.
After Vietnam I was released from the Army in Illinois. I used my travel money to buy and old truck and hired a bunch of Vietnam vets and went back to work. We started with service stations on the South side of Chicago and moved on to shopping centers Etc.
After finishing a contract in Florida, I went to visit a friend in Milwaukee. Got there on a Sunday and had a contract on Monday. We branched out and became National Painters. We painted hundreds of Taco Bells, K Marts, Burger Kings, Walgreens and shopping centers throughout the country.
For the next 30 years we used Milwaukee as our headquarters. We hired a crew of young guys who could travel. Chris Gibbs grew up on the truck, and upon my retirement 15 years ago became the "New Owner". Being tired of the road he moved the company to Florida, paints houses and can go home at night.
Mary and I are very Proud of Chris and all that he has accomplished. We hope the company will continue to thrive,and would like to Thank all of you for your support.

HAPPY 4th OF JULY
Len & Mary Boczkowski, The Retired Half of Investment Painting Contractors
Old 07-04-2022, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Happy 4th to all.

What a great story...thanx.

The majority of us know the real grass roots America is not what is portrayed in the headlines!!!!!!!!

Last edited by billethkid; 07-04-2022 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07-04-2022, 08:13 AM
Veteran member

Happy 4th! Thanks for sharing the story of how Investment Painting Contractors came to be. A real American success story!
Old 07-05-2022, 06:38 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Hard work pays off! Great job. Happy 4th.
Closed Thread

Tags
contract, july, 4th, happy, hired

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.