Villagers SLOW DOWN!

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2022, 06:02 AM
Veteran member

Those that follow golf carts because they are afraid to pass them should get driver education, I know cart drivers are always weaving out of their lanes , a driver job in carts are to be aware of what’s happening behind them , also toot of your car horn when passing carts alerts them and drive on.
Old 05-13-2022, 06:22 AM

Are you that bad a driver that you can't safely pass a cart driving in the cart lane? There is always plenty of room to go around them.
Old 05-13-2022, 06:41 AM

Again, wake up people!! Let's wake up the SCS office. I see a Sheriff's patrol car camped at the new apartments on 466 constantly,
why or why can't they set on Buena Vista or Morse to slow down the speeder's. Mr. Arnold(SC admin) stated that there has been no increase in the number of vehicles on these roads, yah, what about the speed of these vehicles Mr. Arnold. Wake up people, the police need to do there jobs...protect us, not the FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2022, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Drivers must not continue to drive a vehicle in the far left lane when being overtaken by a faster moving vehicle, unless the driver is preparing for a left-hand turn at an intersection. Drivers failing to move from the far left lane will receive a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation.
:box ing2:
Old 05-13-2022, 07:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Darn near had a head-on yesterday with a cart passing two bicyclists on a turn. Managed to swerve onto the grass just in time.

Cart paths and roads are meant to be SHARED. No one person owns them. Nor is any one person entitled to break the law just because he or she feels entitled to do so.

Driving 5 mph below the speed limit is not against the law.
I'd hold on that thought - around here this would apply.

Florida Vehicle Code Sec. 316.183(5) states that “No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.“. This means drivers are not permitted to block or otherwise impede the normal flow of traffic.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:57 AM
Default Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy1 View Post
Even though I have rented and spent weeks in The Villages over the past 15 years I have called The Villages ‘home’ since moving here from the Midwest this past summer. One thing I just can’t understand is why do so many Villagers drive so fast or come up on you and get so close to you as they follow you and act upset when they don’t think you are driving fast enough! What is the big hurry? You are retired! Slow down and smell the roses!!! I had an incident yesterday where I was driving my car in the Spanish Spring area from a country club and I had to share the road with two golf carts that were ahead of me in a residential area that didn’t have golf cart lanes along the road. Another vehicle comes flying up behind me, is waving his arms because I’m not passing these two golf carts heading toward Morse Blvd. it would have been too dangerous to pass and it was only a couple of blocks at most. I don’t get it. What’s the big hurry? Haven’t you heard the song lyrics ‘ I rush and rush until life’s no fun, all I have to do is live and die, I’m in a hurry and I don’t know why’! Slow down, there is a speed limit, try to stay somewhere close to it! I know what some of you are thinking. It’s not just the Villagers driving like this, it’s the non village residents too. Well for us residents retiring here it’s OUR community and if we Villagers slow down a bit and drive safer maybe everyone else will take our lead and just might drive a little slower and safer too. We need to set the tone. Take your time. Be safe. Avoid accidents and chill out a bit! And……. don’t even get me started on the roundabouts! Now go have a nice day and Be Well!!
I have noticed besides the overly energized Village People - there seems to be a lot of non - Villagers using some of the roads in the Villages as a shortcut to other Hgwys.
My thought is if ALL the Village People were to drive at the speed limit it might discourage the shortcut people and they would stop cutting thru the Villages ???

Just a Thought ???
Old 05-13-2022, 10:36 AM

And the idiots that stay in the left lane at or below the speed limit are breaking the new law.
Old 05-13-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefhyde View Post
I have noticed besides the overly energized Village People - there seems to be a lot of non - Villagers using some of the roads in the Villages as a shortcut to other Hgwys.
My thought is if ALL the Village People were to drive at the speed limit it might discourage the shortcut people and they would stop cutting thru the Villages ???

Just a Thought ???
This sounds to me like someone that doesn't understand the zipper merge either and gets in the line with all the cars instead of staying in both lanes until the merge. Probably the guy that moves his car half way in both lanes.

Drive safely, don't become an obstruction, you're job is not traffic enforcement, its to get to your destination safely.
Old 05-13-2022, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefhyde View Post

Just a Thought ???
How do you recognize a non-villager by their car? I've lived here two years now and still haven't learned that secret.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-13-2022, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heytubes View Post
And the idiots that stay in the left lane at or below the speed limit are breaking the new law.
What new law? Also, speed limit in The Villages is 20mph unless otherwise posted.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:42 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

50mph minimum on morse or buena vista. Old expelers of bowel gas get out of my way. Ill cut u off, lay on my horn...just get out of the way.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

We do not own a golf cart. When I drive, I rarely exceed the speed limit of 35 mph on Morse and Buena Vista.

I always drive in the right lane, except when I need to go left at the next roundabout. Then I move into the left lane after I get past the preceding roundabout.

Of course, there are faster drivers that whiz past me, and that does not bother me at all. I enjoy driving around TV.

So I guess this thread does not concern me at all, so now I'm not sure why I am even typing this post. This is not the first time I have been puzzled why I have done something. It's fun being old with no responsibilities.
Old 05-13-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
Since we are complaining about drivers in TV my complaint is the opposite of your’s. Why would anyone drive a car 25 mph on a 30 mph road especially the ones with golf cart lanes beside them. Most carts go 25 mph. We had guests in town last month and rented a four seater cart from TV. That thing went exactly 15 mph not one bit faster. Had to pull off on the grass on the rec trail a few times to let a line of carts pass. Embarrassing.
Easy to fix
Move!
Old 05-13-2022, 04:27 PM
Default Round and Round and Round about

As a Florida native who has seen hundreds of developments in my six decades of existence, The Villages is by far the best urban and regional planning project constructed in the state!

Can you imagine the traffic problems without round a bouts?
Old 05-13-2022, 05:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Darn near had a head-on yesterday with a cart passing two bicyclists on a turn. Managed to swerve onto the grass just in time.

Cart paths and roads are meant to be SHARED. No one person owns them. Nor is any one person entitled to break the law just because he or she feels entitled to do so.

Driving 5 mph below the speed limit is not against the law.
No but it causes more problems than it solves. Not to mention it’s rude to those behind you.
Closed Thread

Tags
don’t, slow, villagers, hurry, drive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.