Is the villages for a 25 year old single lady?

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Default Is the villages for a 25 year old single lady?

Hello, I have been thinking about moving to "The Villages" maybe next week but im worried about the comments I have heard that is only for people of age, is this true can a 25 year old single lady without a job yet can survive at The Villages?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoTown View Post
Hello, I have been thinking about moving to "The Villages" maybe next week but im worried about the comments I have heard that is only for people of age, is this true can a 25 year old single lady without a job yet can survive at The Villages?
If you like old dudes.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
If you like old dudes.
It says on wikipedia it is "age restricted" do they don't allow someone like me to live there? you still didn't answer my question....
Old 03-19-2013, 09:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

One of the owners of the home has to be 55. A single person under 55 would not qualify.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
You're thinking about moving here next week???? You might want to reconsider your position. To answer your question though, yes a single lady of 25 can survive in TV just as well as she could survive anyplace else but, without a decent job I don't know for how long unless money is no object or she finds herself the proverbial "sugar daddy".
Platinum member

Legally you have to be 19 y/o. to live here. Then, by law, they have to allow a small per centage under the age of 55 to live here. My wife and I were both 49 when we bought. There are a lot of job opportunities in the area, although most probably pay minimal wages. There are also a lot of nearby places where young people can meet, Leesburg and Ocala are both good size cities nearby. I don't see why you wouldn't be comfortable here, IMHO.

The Villages is a beautiful, and for the most part...a tranquil and fun place to live. However, you mention being unemployed...and my understanding is that unless you're looking to work in the medical field, or perhaps wait on tables...most jobs pay only $8-$10 per hour. So, my opinion is that given the opportunity to relocate...a 25 year old is better off in a more metropolitan area where it's more likely you can meet people your age, and possibly find better paying jobs. Good luck!
Old 03-20-2013, 02:51 AM
Veteran member

I question the validity of the OP.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
It says on wikipedia it is "age restricted" do they don't allow someone like me to live there? you still didn't answer my question....
This will be interesting,, let us know how it works out for you
Old 03-20-2013, 04:32 AM

20 percent of the owners can be under 55 yoa. But if I were you I would not...Go and have a good young life and worry about retirement when it comes...
Old 03-20-2013, 04:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
The rules are like this. You must be 19 to live in The Villages. It is a community meant fro people 55 and over. BUT a certain number of homes are available to those under 55, about 20 % I think. You would have to be lucky to snag one of those, and the only way you can find out is by contacting the Villages sales office.
Otherwise, there's no reason you couldn't live here, if you don't mind getting hit on by old geezers. Younger available men here are scarce as hens' teeth
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 03-20-2013, 05:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkei View Post
I question the validity of the OP.
Did your Mom ever tell you just how smart you are?
Old 03-20-2013, 05:41 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueandskip View Post
Go and have a good young life and worry about retirement when it comes...
I think she is looking for an early retirement...
Old 03-20-2013, 05:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Well, at first I would say that no 25 year old that I've ever known would want to live in a retirement community.

When our kids graduated high school, they couldn't wait to move away from home at age 17 (as cushy as they had it with us) and live in a small sized city to attend university.......cities offer so many cultural activities that a small town cannot...........as nice as it might have been to have been raised in a small community.

After graduating, they moved to the really big cities like Boston, etc. and found their niche..........enjoying all that a city offers........they also tried island living, etc., back to the cities for their grad school and business school work..........then one became a city mouse in Denver and the other became a country mouse, moving back to Vermont to begin their family............

However, our "middle aged son" when he first saw The Villages while visiting us with their first infant........told his wife "Don't tell my parents but I can actually see myself living here in 15 years......" Meaning at age 55.

I doubt if he would have ever said that at age 25.

Naive me thought they both would have finished college, gone to grad school and moved back to our wonderful little town..........but they chose city life with all its opportunities. Younger crowd of "peers", lots of cultural and sporting activities to participate in............NOT TO MENTION CAREER OPPORTUNITIES .

If your letter is a sincere one........I'd check out coastal Florida , like Sarasota, with Longboat Key beaches, etc. and a vibrant "city" life for the younger crowd.

Second choice for you would be a UNIVERSITY TOWN in Florida.
You would meet people your own age...........not retired older men.

p.s. The Villages "idea" is a good one. Perhaps the developer, or another one, could create a community for young people, young couples.........
The young folks we know like to live in what is now called "The City Center" where all the yuppies and generation X have bought up old homes and totally remodeled them into these fabuous contemporary "interiors"............they can walk down to the "town square" where the cafes are........meet up with their friends who also now have children..........go to the zoo, the theatre, the aquarium, the museums........tons of such places to go...........this is what the twenties, thirties and forties want today.............with "outdoor activities such as skiing, hiking, biking" close by. Not living in a 55 plus retirement community......
Old 03-20-2013, 05:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
I think she is looking for an early retirement...
Oh yes...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.