Children Activites

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Default Children Activites

Hello...We are new to The Villages and the area. Our grandchildren (boys 10 & 9) are coming next wee for their first visit, and we would like to entertain them with activities for their age. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I know the golf cart riding will be fun, swimming, shuffleboard, and visiting the recreation centers. We also are planning a trip to Disney, as that was a pre-request. Are there things to do at Lake Miona (i.e., fishing or the remote control boats)?

Thank you.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Veteran member

Take them to Homasassa State Park - about an hour drive away. There is a native animal zoo - ask about the hippo being a native animal - and an excellent manatee viewing area.

While you are there, go to The River House for lunch or an early dinner. You can ask directions there or plug it into your GPS. There is a little man-made island in the river with monkeys on it and you can watch them while eating in the restaurant.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Veteran member

There is a miniature golf place somewhere right outside TV, I think on Rolling Acres Rd or in that vicinity, but I'm not sure of the exact location.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Gold member
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Take them to Homasassa State Park - about an hour drive away. There is a native animal zoo - ask about the hippo being a native animal - and an excellent manatee viewing area.

While you are there, go to The River House for lunch or an early dinner. You can ask directions there or plug it into your GPS. There is a little man-made island in the river with monkeys on it and you can watch them while eating in the restaurant.
Been there and its not far and fun. take the kids
Old 02-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Default children coming to visit

I am new to the Villages and want to know where to take a 5 year old for one day. I also need to borrow a play pen or pack n play for on night next Sat the 26th
Can anyone help me or guide me to getting answers? Thanks so
Helena
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.