The Villages 5-12-20 Construction Update - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2020, 05:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

I don't think it will be difficult for people to get to the Grace Tabernacle church.

Just south-east of the church, there will be the intersection of Meggison Road and CR468. I assume there will be a stop light at that intersection.

If a person driving south-east on 468 wants to get to that church, they can drive to the intersection, do a U-turn, and get to the church easily.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:32 AM
Default TV Video & Information

Great video & information - thanks!
The same thing happened with FBC Leesburg at their new campus. They actually had gold cart access before TV took it out because they would not agree to sell them the land. Very vindictive!

Why is the water tower important?

Which village is the largest in TV?
Old 05-13-2020, 05:40 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I don't think it will be difficult for people to get to the Grace Tabernacle church.

Just south-east of the church, there will be the intersection of Meggison Road and CR468. I assume there will be a stop light at that intersection.

If a person driving south-east on 468 wants to get to that church, they can drive to the intersection, do a U-turn, and get to the church easily.
VA, while I agree with your opinion most of the time, this time I don't. Yes, it can be assumed to be a stoplight there and doing a u-turn is easy enough on a one-time basis. Consider the 30 minutes before services start and you'll have 50 cars trying to do a u-turn with on-coming traffic. Not a safe situation.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 05-13-2020, 06:40 AM

Don, you are amazing! Great video again - thanks for detailing everything
Old 05-13-2020, 06:43 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Thanks Don .. I have to say I had a difficult time getting my bearings on this video. I'll watch it another time or two to get developments around Deluna straight from Chitty Chatty. If I'm not mistaken, you mentioned Rt 470 at least twice in the video. Right now the only connection to it and the Turnpike entrance is Rt501. Are the future plans to have another road parallel to 501 intersect with 470 closer to the Turnpike ? Does the Villages now own all the pasture land on 470 from 501 to the Turnpike?
Back to the traffic light at the Everglades ..Will cars be able to get to brownwood via Meggison Road instead of Warm Springs to Rt44 ? Again appreciate the updates
Old 05-13-2020, 06:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Consider the 30 minutes before services start and you'll have 50 cars trying to do a u-turn with on-coming traffic. Not a safe situation.
Yes, that is true.

Yesterday I pulled out of Sparr's and tried to do a right-on-red to go east on route 44. I almost caused an accident because someone going west on 44 was doing a U-turn at the same intersection. Fortunately, we were both going slow, so it was not too close.

But if there was a left turn into the church off 468, there would be a lot of cars backed up. A person would come out of the roundabout and then be surprised to see the left lane all backed up.

In your opinion, would it be better if there were a roundabout at the 468-Meggison intersection? Do you think TV will do that?
Old 05-13-2020, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Here’s a new look at the construction going on here in The Villages. While the placement of the Chitty Chatty bridge is big new, so is a new Villages water tower being built west of the Village of Fenney.

Because I have spoken out against the developer and the county in this video, I’m sure it will probably be banned and taken down soon. It won’t be the first time this has happened.

The Villages 05-12-20 Construction Update - YouTube

I mention in the videos the contact information for the county commissioners which is below.
Sumter County Commissioners: 352-689-4400
Al Butler – Al.Butler@sumtercountyfl.gov
Doug Gilpin - Doug.Gilpin@sumtercountyfl.gov
Don Burgess - Don.Burgess@sumtercountyfl.gov
Gerry Breeden - Garry.Breeden@sumtercountyfl.gov
Steve Printz - Stephen.Printz@sumtercountyfl.gov

Sumter County Administrator
Bradley Arnold - Bradley.Arnold@sumtercountyfl.gov
May I ask, who has been taking down your videos? The Villages, or TOTV? If the videos are on your You Tube channel, how can either one of those entities take them down? I'm just curious, not trying to start anything.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:41 AM

Great video! Thank you!
Old 05-13-2020, 07:43 AM

What bothers me is the dragging of their feet on the construction of the Magnolia shopping plaza. Shame on them for making the residents wait for an area that people need. Just build it already. And I dont even live down there. Hope you guys get your plaza soon.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Are they building houses on the land adjacent to the federal prison yet? There’s also a quarry just beyond the prison which supplies the gravel for the concrete used in construction. The prison is lighted at night and the quarry blasts to get the stone, and then grinds it into gravel.

Ought to be interesting if people buy there only to discover where they live...the hard way.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:29 AM

emailed the county administrator this morning. Not a church goer but not happy with their decision either. Thanks for pointing this out.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:41 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Thanks Don! The commissioners should be a shame. They will answer to a higher power.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,924 Times in 2,450 Posts

I hope The economy Recovers with all that building?
Old 05-13-2020, 08:58 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

I emailed the county and got this back

Ms. Ciccolella,

That is far from the truth. The truth is that before The Villages ever decided to advance south of SR 44, the County entered into an acquisition agreement for right-of-way from the church based on plans that did not provide a full median opening to the church. The church accepted the conditions, understood it, and was appropriately compensated for the right-of-way.

Bradley
Old 05-13-2020, 09:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
Are the future plans to have another road parallel to 501 intersect with 470 closer to the Turnpike ?
Corbin Trail now goes thru Linden and Monarch Grove and it is obvious they plan to extend it south of Monarch Grove. I have no idea if it will eventually intersect 470 or 501.

Remember, some misguided people think they will build a new Town Center near the turnpike and just north of 470. I hope we all live long enough to learn who is wright or wrong.
Closed Thread

Tags
county, villages, sumter, construction, commissioners

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.