The Villages 9-20-2020 Construction Update Video

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2020, 11:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Always love your videos. I hope one you will continue the flyovers of our older golf courses.
I still have footage that I haven't published of several courses (Buttonwood area, R/G Fox @ Fenney, and north of 27/441 and some of the championship courses) that haven't been high priorities lately. If the poor weather continues I'll probably put some time into them and post the videos.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 09-21-2020, 12:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by askcarl View Post
do you have still pictures from a high enough point to show all construction South of the Turnpike? I find the map posted by The Villages (family) not accurate. Roads moved, Prison left out, Quarries look small compared to reality. In short, a "photo shopped" best presentation. I don't blame any business to put a Best Foot forward in Advertising. Just looking for the truth.

Thanks for your dedication on Our community.
My altitude limit by the FAA is 400 ft., the footage at Hawkins and St C. are at 350 +/- ft. so that gives you a pretty good idea of the max views I can get. As far as the prisons and mines go, these are no-fly zones by the FAA and the state of Florida. I have not desire to lose my license or do time in jail to get shots of these areas.

The most up-to-date maps I can find are at https://www.arcgis.com/index.html
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 09-21-2020, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by askcarl View Post
do you have still pictures from a high enough point to show all construction South of the Turnpike? I find the map posted by The Villages (family) not accurate. Roads moved, Prison left out, Quarries look small compared to reality. In short, a "photo shopped" best presentation. I don't blame any business to put a Best Foot forward in Advertising. Just looking for the truth.

Thanks for your dedication on Our community.
Here's a map that is relatively up to date.

Map of Wildwood
Old 09-21-2020, 01:55 PM

Always enjoy your video and learn a lot from them. Thanks for doing this.
Don Carlson
Old 09-21-2020, 02:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
I have a speculation about why the north ramp of the Chitty Chatty bridge has an extra lane.

That north ramp is very steep. Bicyclists who want to cross the bridge will have to gear down and go slow to make it up. Might the extra lane be for "slow moving vehicles" ? At the top of the ramp bicyclists would merge with the golf carts.

The south ramp is much longer and less steep. No need for the "slow moving vehicle" lane.
Personally, I think your speculation makes a lot of sense. I think a lot of bike riders will want to cross the bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
Of course that leaves the question of where pedestrians should walk.
I doubt a lot of walkers will want to cross the bridge.

For those of us who like to walk, it is easy to drive to the Bradford pool, park our car, and go for a very long walk around the lakes with no car or golf cart to interfere with us.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:26 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
I still have footage that I haven't published of several courses (Buttonwood area, R/G Fox @ Fenney, and north of 27/441 and some of the championship courses) that haven't been high priorities lately. If the poor weather continues I'll probably put some time into them and post the videos.
Look forward to seeing more. Love to share them with friends back home.
Thank you
Old 09-22-2020, 07:39 AM

Your videos provide the connection between those of us north of 44 to whats happening south. It really helps me to understand the big picture. Thanks so much for the work you do.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:42 AM

Thanks. Enjoyed seeing what I cannot see from the ground. The extra lane on that north ramp of CC bridge is puzzling. Really appreciate your insights. Liked the map in the lower left corner.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Here's a map that is relatively up to date.

Map of Wildwood
I use another site https://www.arcgis.com/ that appears to be using the same map images. Both are about year or more out of date but much better than Google or other services.
www.goldwingnut.com
Closed Thread

Tags
construction, weeks, footage, youtube, video

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.