Villages attempts to curb spreading Corona Virus

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2020, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Just a point of interest Dr. so I don't make a mistake and Open The Same Doors as THEM? with bare hands. Can you tell us which door or doors they opened with their bare hands. Your advice will save many. Is it the knob on the entry door in the center? If this is the Older Publix I go there often. Thanks for the help Doc.
The doors that open automatically by motion sensor are your safest bet
Old 03-23-2020, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The doors that open automatically by motion sensor are your safest bet
I was trying to find out if the other DrDoug was truly in The Villages or just stirring The Lobster Pot! Oh Well!
Old 03-23-2020, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I was trying to find out if the other DrDoug was truly in The Villages or just stirring The Lobster Pot! Oh Well!
Good question. He claims he has a PhD., but did not respond to an inquiry as to which field. I have my doubts since his grammar, spelling and sentence structure as well as content of his posts would seem to suggest otherwise. I doubt a doctoral dissertation written in such a fashion would ever have been accepted by his university. However, having been duly chastised for being too critical of him, I politely backed off. I still think people should refrain from posting pure speculation that increases fear and panic.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:16 AM
Veteran member

I get a kick out of our Daily Sun showing pictures of group gatherings throughout TV as late as St. Pat's Day and people going on cruises in March. I can't wait to see how many people show up today at the Polo Field to be unnecessarily tested. If you think you need it, then go. If you going just because you can, then stay home. I commend the volunteers from UF nursing and PA school doing the testing. I hope they stay safe.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:32 AM
Sage

go cashless, S. Korea has gone cashless & it has helped cub masks
Old 03-23-2020, 09:40 AM

I stopped my paper last week because of all the handling that goes on with it. Not just delivery person but everyone involved in the prep of it before it gets to the Delivery person.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
I get a kick out of our Daily Sun showing pictures of group gatherings throughout TV as late as St. Pat's Day and people going on cruises in March. I can't wait to see how many people show up today at the Polo Field to be unnecessarily tested. If you think you need it, then go. If you going just because you can, then stay home. I commend the volunteers from UF nursing and PA school doing the testing. I hope they stay safe.
The ones that go because they think they are entitled will find out that pre-screening and a doctor’s order for the test are needed for testing to take place .

We may be headed to where every Tom, Dick and Harry could be tested but we’re not there yet ......
Old 03-29-2020, 12:09 PM
Default Vitamin d may help spread of corona virus

I have a Ph.D. in clinical nutrition and there is scientific evidence that supplements of vitamin D can prevent infection with corona virus. Please Google Life Extension protocol covid 19 and Shattering findings Vitamin d for further information.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenlady View Post
I have a Ph.D. in clinical nutrition and there is scientific evidence that supplements of vitamin D can prevent infection with corona virus. Please Google Life Extension protocol covid 19 and Shattering findings Vitamin d for further information.
The Life Extension article does address several supplements use but specifies them for upper respiratory conditions. Covid-19 attacks the lower respiratory system. Patients may present with sore throat and general flu symptoms but the danger is the progression to lung damage. I would not want to raise false hope that these supplements have any preventative or therapeutic value for this virus.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
True. I think we should be more worried about touching money than touching mail.
We should wear gloves to touch anything, and then throw the gloves away.
Please stay safe.
I'm not wearing gloves to touch everything there is to touch in this world. I have been washing my hands like crazy and now have dry and cracking skin. Moisturizing every night is the only thing from keeping my skin from falling off my hands! LOL.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
The Life Extension article does address several supplements use but specifies them for upper respiratory conditions. Covid-19 attacks the lower respiratory system.
I would not want to raise false hope that these supplements have any preventative or therapeutic value for this virus.
I agree.

For a while, some doctor thought that warm weather might slow the spread of the virus. but it's been very hot in Florida recently.
And there seem to be more cases in The Villages every day.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
I commend the volunteers from UF nursing and PA school doing the testing. I hope they stay safe.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I'm not wearing gloves to touch everything there is to touch in this world. I have been washing my hands like crazy and now have dry and cracking skin. Moisturizing every night is the only thing from keeping my skin from falling off my hands!
Just saying that gloves might help to lessen the hand washing.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I'm not wearing gloves to touch everything there is to touch in this world. I have been washing my hands like crazy and now have dry and cracking skin. Moisturizing every night is the only thing from keeping my skin from falling off my hands! LOL.
Moisturize every time I wash my hands. I have the moisturizer right beside the soap. First couple of days I washed so often my knuckles were bleeding.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Just saying that gloves might help to lessen the hand washing.
I may consider wearing gloves.

Tags
villages, virus, attempts, delivery, hours

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.