Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Villages attempts to curb spreading Corona Virus (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/villages-attempts-curb-spreading-corona-virus-303827/)

karostay 03-15-2020 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregcharlesnelson@gmail (Post 1727859)
TV is a breading ground...old age and conditions too

Yup first signs infects the brain

airstreamingypsy 03-15-2020 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1727634)
I purchased 2,000 disposal gloves from Amazon $11.99 ( 500) per box, free delivery. I carry them everywhere. Very useful playing Pickleball, especially after the match ends I shake hands, where others have stopped that practice, they touch paddles or elbows.

Some of my neighbors liked my idea so they have ordered them. It's catching on. I have now ordered 2 more boxes, I shake a lot of hands, no elbow greetings for me ! :clap2: :popcorn:

Wait, what? You are wearing gloves and shaking hands with people who are not? You know the virus can live on the gloves, so while keeping yourself save you are possibly infecting others. This is one of the most mind blowing posts I've seen since the virus started. For God's sakes, stop touching people.

Drdoug49 03-15-2020 08:50 AM

Elderly people in TV world continues to ignore the advice of the CDC, president trump , the governor, simply amazing

manaboutown 03-15-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drdoug49 (Post 1727918)
Elderly people in TV world continues to ignore the advice of the CDC, president trump , the governor, simply amazing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...s-coronavirus/

justjim 03-15-2020 09:02 AM

Wash your hands

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1727519)
In the attempts preventing an outbreak with in the Villages
perhaps the powers to be should consider stopping delivery of the Daily Sun an infected delivery persons could infect 1000's
Reports have Virus living for hours on surfaces

How about just wash your hands after you pickup your newspaper. Seems logical to me.

Marykess1802 03-15-2020 09:25 AM

Gloves

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1727687)
Unless you have long arms you are not following the 6 foot rule.

All you need to do is touch your face with the contaminated gloves.

Two Bills 03-15-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy (Post 1727912)
Wait, what? You are wearing gloves and shaking hands with people who are not? You know the virus can live on the gloves, so while keeping yourself save you are possibly infecting others. This is one of the most mind blowing posts I've seen since the virus started. For God's sakes, stop touching people.

The Photo SQ. were always a bit negative!:ohdear:

600th Photo Sq 03-15-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy (Post 1727912)

I actually Spray the " Disposable Gloves " with " Raid " after putting them on, Lemon Scent, of course.

I should have mentioned that.

Two Bills 03-15-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1727961)
I actually Spray the " Disposable Gloves " with " Raid " after putting them on, Lemon Scent, of course.

I should have mentioned that.

Cockroach, ant or wasp?

600th Photo Sq 03-15-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1727964)
Cockroach, ant or wasp?

I went for the " Wasp " only because it was the only one that had " Lemon Scent ". :clap2:

Nana4x 03-15-2020 10:54 AM

Wiping items off

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1727619)
Are you going to carry wipes and wash your dishes and drink glasses when a server bring them Or wipe down all your purchased store items after the clerk scans them

YES!!! Shopped at Aldi's this am. Lady stuck her hand in the bag of grapes. I took some from a box that was just put on the shelf and not opened. When we got home I sprayed 70% alcohol on a cloth and wiped all the packages down. Little effort on our part bringing peace of mind.

billethkid 03-15-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

"...some elderly people..." is more accurate.

Aloha1 03-15-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Are you even IN TV? Please provide your empirical evidence that all Villagers are idiots and brain dead. We'll wait.

Drdoug49 03-15-2020 01:46 PM

Iam here in TV. I see them in Publix, at Spanish springs. Opening doors with bare hands, shaking hands, standing in line at Subway crowding right behind you, not social distancing, I see them talking this is a false alarm and treating like a big joke. The ones who are social distancing and trying to prevent us from becoming Italy are practicing the cdc guidelines. The ones I see, the major don’t follow it

manaboutown 03-15-2020 01:54 PM

Dum-dah-dum-dum...Here it comes. A case has been reported in Citrus County. Citrus County sees its first Coronavirus case | Local News | chronicleonline.com