Attention District 7 Residents - IMPORTANT

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Exclamation Attention District 7 Residents - IMPORTANT

District 7 covers Duval, Bonita, Hemingway and Hadley (that I'm aware of)

I was reviewing the sample ballot today in preparation for early voting and saw a special referendum for district 7 residents regarding becoming a municipality.

I called the district office to inquire what this was about. If you have not heard about this or don't understand please call the district office or research in some other manner so you are aware of what you're voting for. The district office phone # I called is 751-6700

I don't want to try to explain in case I don't explain it exactly right, but the bottom line is we don't want to become a municipality. At least that's my opinion.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Municipality

If District 7 somehow votes to become its own municipality, it'll be the first of The Villages districts to decide to seek such classification.

And then all the folks in your district can figure out how to do all the things that The Villages does for you now. What a mess that would be.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Gold member

Any idea, Kahuna, as to why this is on the ballot?
Old 10-30-2008, 06:52 PM

It was discussed in Janet Tutt's column in today's edition of Recreation News. It's a question that according to state law must be asked of each district once it reaches a certain number of residents. It's been on previous ballots for the other districts. Kahuna, the mess it would make is why I originally posted the message so people are aware of what they're voting for.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Gold member

Thanks, Ivy, for the clarification
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.