The Villages buildout

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
I thought that running a Motel 6 in your home was against the deed restrictions? The Villages Florida
Only south of 466
Old 02-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Veteran member
Default What a lovely home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland Girl View Post
We just closed on a CYV on February 3. Our TV rep told us buildout would occur within the next four years. When I asked him if that meant you would no longer be able to buy a new home in TV, he said yes but that it would help the market for those wanting to sell their pre-owned homes. By the way, I saw within the last couple of days a pre-owned Grantham CYV (built in 2006) in the village of Sabal Chase (if I remember correctly) on the TV website that looks VERY nice. It is the largest at 1685 sf and the asking price is $269,000. It is definitely worth a look, in my opinion.
Went to the TV home site, and saw that CYV. What a lovely home, and a super-lovely yard! I can see why it (VLS# 209124) sold so quickly. I have only one question: Where do the owners keep their "stuff?"

Gene & Kathy
Still TV Wannabes
(save us a house!)
Old 03-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Default Thanks everybody

We should be ready before build out so it looks like all options will be available to us. Thanks to everyone for your input. We'll be down in April for a visit.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPete View Post
We should be ready before build out so it looks like all options will be available to us. Thanks to everyone for your input. We'll be down in April for a visit.
Make sure you bring your checkbook. You just never know what might happen...............

Bill
Old 03-04-2011, 07:24 PM

We plan to have it at hand.

When my wife told her co-workers that we were planning on visiting TV on our vacation, they told her that The Villages was just going to try to sell her a house. Her reply, "I certainly hope so!"
Old 03-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPete View Post
My wife and I will be retiring in a couple of years and are very interested in calling The Villages home. She is on the website every night checking out the webcams and studying home plans. She is most interested in a new CY but she is scared to death that TV will reach buildout before we can call it quits and join you guys. Does anybody know when buildout will occur?

We will be coming down from Va. the first week in April and hope to meet many.
I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to find a home. TV is a 55+ community. Just by the natural progression of things, there will be a pretty steady turnover of homes. Not something we like to think about but........
Old 03-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Anyone have any thoughts on what might happen to the price of existing homes when TV is built out and new homes are no longer, meaning there is a finite number of options available. Come on l2 I know you can provide some insight...gn
Old 03-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Sage

Sounds logical to me that if the demand for the houses continues after buildout, it's bound to drive the prices of resales up. The concern would be "Will the demand subside?" given that the developer will no longer be pushing new homes. I'd have to guess that there will be a substantial drop-off in marketing by the developer.

We'll see what happens come closer to the time!

Bill
Old 03-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Gold member

Some of the newer electric carts like the Tomberlin have 8 x 6 Volt systems that boast 60 mile range. Otherwise it is 33-36 miles with 6 batteries. That should take you anywhere you want to go. Going further than 10 miles each way is very slow anyway.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Sounds logical to me that if the demand for the houses continues after buildout, it's bound to drive the prices of resales up. The concern would be "Will the demand subside?" given that the developer will no longer be pushing new homes. I'd have to guess that there will be a substantial drop-off in marketing by the developer.

We'll see what happens come closer to the time!

Bill
I think that price of resales will alway be driven by economic or market conditions and not be effected by the lack of competition from the sale of new homes. When TV builds out that does not mean that TV's sales will fold up and go away. They will still be in the business of sales and will still want to make money... of course, and if they don't push sales, then they simply don't make money!

So there will be be more preowned homes to sell with no new homes to incentivize those homes being pushed over preowned, and that will be a boast for us who may need to sell. This is, at least in part, how my TV Agent explained it to me when I inquired.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Gold member

I think the biggest question at build-out will be "What happens when the developer stops advertising?" Right now the pre-owned market gets a lot of play from the developer's nationwide marketing effort, which in my opinion is very professional and is probably very effective. It's doubtful he will continue to advertise on major TV network golf telecasts or in major golf magazines after build-out. That could affect home prices negatively, due to diminished demand.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Make sure you bring your checkbook. You just never know what might happen...............

Bill
JimPete and Boobear:

to TOTV.

I had the same concern fours years ago when the buildout was supposed to finish and now it's 2015.

Some people prefer to live in a new home built to their liking and there is a pre-owned, (no bond or lower bond, mature landscaping and upgrades were already performed).

Any home would be great to me if it is in TV.

Bill is soooooo right, bring your checkbook. TV is amazing.

Best Wishes in what you decide.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I think the biggest question at build-out will be "What happens when the developer stops advertising?" Right now the pre-owned market gets a lot of play from the developer's nationwide marketing effort, which in my opinion is very professional and is probably very effective. It's doubtful he will continue to advertise on major TV network golf telecasts or in major golf magazines after build-out. That could affect home prices negatively, due to diminished demand.
You could very well be correct, but a lot depends on the laws of economics and what kind of a return can be gotten from advertising dollars. Another factor that could affect the advertising dollar spent is the ratio of TV sales agents to outside realtors. In otherwords, the more sellers use outside realtors instead of TV sales persons, the less chances are that TV will be willing to spend on the advertising. Anyway, time will tell what happens!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to rsetterlund Send a message via Skype™ to rsetterlund

We purchased a new home 2.5 years ago and will be moving in full time the end of March. During the last 2.5 years we have rented the home for the winter months, which just about covers the cost of having the home. It is true that pre-owned will have a lower bond and possible upgrades. When we purchased new was cheaper than pre-owned because the owners were trying to get their bond payments and improvement back. The thing with landscaping in FL is move plants grow like mad and have to be trimed during the year. Our experience with pre-owned was the Villages Sales office was not really interested in talking about them, they make more money on new. The Villages is so well known that I believe even if the developer stops advertising there will still be a strong demand just from word of mouth. It is true there are and will always be turn around because of natural events, health issue causing owner to want to back and people just deciding that they want to be close to family again. Good luck with your shopping and remember the option of renting until you can move in.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Veteran member

I think what also will factor into things is how well the place is maintained, and how well the recreational facilities and golf courses are maintained. There were issues on the north side about maintenance and the residents had to file a lawsuit. Hopefully that won't happen again, but we really have no guarantees. Also, the whole IRS thing could be a problem, and the residents could be left with debt that might dissuade new people from buying here.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.