Villages Corona Virus Data

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2020, 07:13 PM
Default Villages Corona Virus Data

Lots of data available on the total number of cases, total hospitalizations and deaths. Where is the data on current status of all of these cases and hospitalizations that didn’t result in death? It was reported last Thursday evening on a national news broadcast that The Villages Hospital was not currently treating any Corona Virus cases. According to the Florida Health Department website, my zip code 32162, has had 54 cases but the last new case was reported 14 days ago on April 29, 2020 and the one prior to that was reported on April 20, 2020. Are any of those cases still active?

I am not trying to minimize the threat, but obtain a more accurate assessment of the currently existing threat than is provided by sixty some days of historical data. As a retired military member, I know that a current threat assessment is critical to planning for future actions to increase the odds for ultimate victory against this virus.

Can anyone tell me where to find this data?
Old 05-13-2020, 07:40 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
Lots of data available on the total number of cases, total hospitalizations and deaths. Where is the data on current status of all of these cases and hospitalizations that didn’t result in death? It was reported last Thursday evening on a national news broadcast that The Villages Hospital was not currently treating any Corona Virus cases. According to the Florida Health Department website, my zip code 32162, has had 54 cases but the last new case was reported 14 days ago on April 29, 2020 and the one prior to that was reported on April 20, 2020. Are any of those cases still active?

I am not trying to minimize the threat, but obtain a more accurate assessment of the currently existing threat than is provided by sixty some days of historical data. As a retired military member, I know that a current threat assessment is critical to planning for future actions to increase the odds for ultimate victory against this virus.

Can anyone tell me where to find this data?
For Marion County, the Ocala newspaper has daily updates which usually lists new cases, hospitalizations, deaths etc. Covid 19 averages about 30 days from symptoms to death so if no death they are recovered. The threat is seen by new infection rates, the death rate is x for given ages, if infections go up that's bad, if down the threat is lower.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,927 Times in 2,453 Posts

That would be happy news, not political correct in today’s environment. It’s all about keeping the panic up.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:01 AM

This is a good site for Florida and each county. The overall numbers are trending down but the key number is hospitalizations and deaths. They appear to be stable or declining. The picture is a good one.

Experience
Old 05-14-2020, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Home | Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Outbreak
Old 05-14-2020, 09:00 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

I would feel safer going out if more info on TV was accessible. I find it hard to believe there are no new cases last two weeks in TV. Then again where are we being tested, except if we wind up in hospital??
Old 05-14-2020, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
I would feel safer going out if more info on TV was accessible. I find it hard to believe there are no new cases last two weeks in TV. Then again where are we being tested, except if we wind up in hospital??
You can get tested in Leesburg. Drive-thru, took us 15 or 20 minutes for three adults. $20 pp for either virus or anti-body testing.

Press Release:
Lake County partners to expand COVID-19 testing

kathy
Old 05-14-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
To clarify, I stated there were no new cases in one zip code within The Villages. Two respondents have linked to the same website with historical totals on which I am unable to find the type of data I addressed. Surprisingly, that website today shows only 49 total cases for zip code 32162 when it has been reporting 54 cases for the past two weeks. Who and what to believe?
Old 05-14-2020, 02:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

So far only one assisted facility has stated they had zero Covid patients. If death toll in TV was under 5, That’s impressive, for such an active community.

But some will believe that now restaurants, retail, soft ball, and pickle ball opens. The virus numbers will rise.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,927 Times in 2,453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
To clarify, I stated there were no new cases in one zip code within The Villages. Two respondents have linked to the same website with historical totals on which I am unable to find the type of data I addressed. Surprisingly, that website today shows only 49 total cases for zip code 32162 when it has been reporting 54 cases for the past two weeks. Who and what to believe?
So if someone get the virus and recovered are that still counted?
Old 05-14-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
So if someone get the virus and recovered are that still counted?
Currently yes as I understand it. They are counted forever.
Closed Thread

Tags
cases, data, virus, reported, threat

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.