Villages Crime Scene

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Default Villages Crime Scene

Does anyone know what happened in the park across from Sonnys in Sumter Landing this morning. Sheriffs dept had a spot taped off with crime scene tape next to the little pond. Crime scene techs were there with rubber gloves on, taking pictures this morning around 11.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collection6 View Post
Does anyone know what happened in the park across from Sonnys in Sumter Landing this morning. Sheriffs dept had a spot taped off with crime scene tape next to the little pond. Crime scene techs were there with rubber gloves on, taking pictures this morning around 11.
Saw 4 police cars parked in the grass there this morning as we went into Toojays. Didn't know the reason, though.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:43 PM

My husband saw several police searching the field in that area, that was around 10:30 this morning. We always walk our dog around that walkway. It will be in the news for sure, this is the villages.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:47 PM

Hoping it isn't something very serious. The Villages seems like a safe and peaceful town when I was there, but anything can happen anywhere one time or another!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:22 AM

Did anyone see anything in the paper this morning? I didn't!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:28 AM
Veteran member

It won't be in the paper...whatever it was is negative and won't sell houses. Look for it in the Leesburg paper maybe.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Is that park the childrens playground?

Now I am all paranoid. There ARE several sex offenders living here.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo View Post
It won't be in the paper...whatever it was is negative and won't sell houses. Look for it in the Leesburg paper maybe.
I just checked the breaking news in Orlando Sentinel, Ocala newspaper, Leesburg paper, and local television channels.......NOTHING.

Could it have been a "practice" ???? In our town, they sometimes role play a disaster to keep the response teams sharp.

It doesn't sound like a practice......but I can't find anything in the news.
I hope it wasn't a crime.

When the Leesburg paper first came up, there was a teenager who had drowned in a pond......but the paper didn't seem to be FLORIDA even though I had typed in Leesburg, Florida newspaper breaking news, etc.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:56 AM

Could it be an alligator sighting??
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMCAT View Post
Could it be an alligator sighting??
Could very well be an alligator sighting.........that had entered my mind as well.

There is nothing in the bigger newspapers.....or on television.

If it was a murder, or a body was found....it would be on local television......
Old 04-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo View Post
Watch for it in the Daily Sun, as they report what is verified by police. Not rumor gossip, but verified news, good and bad.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
Watch for it in the Daily Sun, as they report what is verified by police. Not rumor gossip, but verified news, good and bad.
Can you wager a guestimate as to how long it might take to get onto television news? Up here, even in a tiny town, if a murder had occurred or even just an accident, the Albany New York t.v. news team would send out a truck with reporters, camera crew etc. immediately......they cover Vermont.

Apparently this happened two days ago????? Someone said it was NOT in The Villages Daily Sun (which we enjoyed tremendously while there).
Old 04-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Sage

We don't know at this time even if a crime was committed. This is similar to folks slowing down on the highway to a crawl and gawking at an accident. What are those folks looking for, perhaps an arm or even a severed head lying in the ditch. I guess it falls into the fact that it takes all kinds to make a world revolve.

I like a good comedy movie, where some prefer the blood and guts of violence on the big screen. OH WELL>
Old 04-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Can you wager a guestimate as to how long it might take to get onto television news? Up here, even in a tiny town, if a murder had occurred or even just an accident, the Albany New York t.v. news team would send out a truck with reporters, camera crew etc. immediately......they cover Vermont.

Apparently this happened two days ago????? Someone said it was NOT in The Villages Daily Sun (which we enjoyed tremendously while there).
It apparently happened late last night or very early this morning.

Do Alligators get all romantic in APRIL? I thought it was May.

I hope it was just an alligator.

If I call the Daily Sun one more time they will hang up on me. I don't think they like to be...what is the word when someone else does a story before you do??
Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It apparently happened late last night or very early this morning.

Do Alligators get all romantic in APRIL? I thought it was May.

I hope it was just an alligator.

If I call the Daily Sun one more time they will hang up on me. I don't think they like to be...what is the word when someone else does a story before you do??
Scooped! Probably a dog peeing on Harold's statute or pooping on it. They had to track it down and get the DNA.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.